Fast Tracking my BAM/FP comprehension

but I can ... see the orange box, same as the trigger, as a shape?

but I can ... see the orange box, same as the trigger, as a shape?
Look at your video there is colored vertical line in the middle of the object yes ?

Yes experiment
Throw some new numbers into the target section in the menu. And see what happens

is this that makes me crazy, there is no system, that I put the green box where I want, without putting numbers? for example ... because with the orange box, through the code you provided me, I can move it, and instead the green box,no? would not be easier move it,like the box orange,through the code

They are very very very compressed :)

But for that specific object the small size is all you need

I wrote to Rafal. I thought about something like being able to include GiFs or PNG by code by including them as Base64 in the script.
like so :

Yes, for pup stream... you dont have a choice. You need to stream from a displayed window.

There was a previous method used for capturing hidden windows on VPVR... but it was very slow and not good for the level of texture streaming we would use and it was more cpu hungry.

HDMI or Display Port dummy plug connected to your video card will work fine. When all setup its pretty seamless. You don't even know its there.

Wish there was a simpler way. The pup plugin was a bonus really. It's perfect to use with my PinEvent mods I already had working for cabinet and desktop users. Now I just expended on that.

I program Pinevent and the table so that if it sees pup is installed, enabled, and the pup windows are streamable... then great. Super awesome videos in FP. If not... then the table will just play like normal without any pup features for anyone's setup.

You only need the Pinevent vbs files installed to play PinEvent tables.

If you want the extra pup features for videos, modern score and text, and surround sound feedback... then you need pup installed and setup for your particular setup.

Pup uses vlc media player....and strangely GIF is the one format vlc can't play. So pup uses its own methods for GIF and PNG.

Last edited:
While updating the lighting (to have it look more glowy) and a few other fixes / changes... I decided to add an "option" to have the G.I. cycle colours. I also have the inserts change red when draining and tilting. The game already has so much colour I figured why not.

You can keep the original white G.I. as before if you wish.

Table looks sweet in VR with the new lighting and PUP Stream.

Table is updated to 1.4 and will be released at the same time as PinEvent's 1.4 release...which should be very soon.

Yah, for me... if I have a good example I can see and use for new things... then I'm usually good.
@TerryRed

@Gimli

Not sure this could work... but I wonder if we could stream the FP Script Editor into FP in VR... use the BAM mini playfield tool in VR and copy and paste into the script. Probably not... but the idea is cool :)

Hey Terry !
What do you mean here?

Answer from Rafal regarding Animated GIfs :

"GIFs are on my ToDo list for some time. I will let you know when it will be ready to use. I hope in less than week.
Btw.If you rename gif to jpg or tga, you can add it texture manage in FP. FP can't use it, but BAM should be able to load and use it from there. No need to add extra folders or files. Maybe i will even force FP to accept *.gif extension. Focore you still will not be able to assign gif as texture."

Do you realise that we will be able to update every table with A LOT of animations as texture....If you don't see it I do :)
no more "Image sequence" tedious task an space taken in "texture manager".

I did not understand correctly, but it seems that if I have a movie to put on a hologram, 500 frames, it does not slow down the opening of FP? and is no longer managed by FP "texture manager", but by Bam? is this what I get it?

I did not understand correctly, but it seems that if I have a movie to put on a hologram, 500 frames, it does not slow down the opening of FP? and is no longer managed by FP "texture manager", but by Bam? is this what I get it?
Correct

:eek:I could create the effects Terry uses, with an overlay, and put them on the field even with 2000 frame, without slowing down Fp....?

Yes but you have to make a gif file containing everything first

Yes but you have to make a gif file containing everything first

ok,there will show it, Steve how to make a gif?

Yes lets see what Steve and Rav come up with in the next couple of weeks :)

Yes lets see what Steve and Rav come up with in the next couple of weeks :)

ok, but I'm always interested in learning how to move MPs, first thing

ok, but I'm always interested in learning how to move MPs, first thing
Ok I'll make a quick video but going sailing in a few mins

Ok here is demo of the MP process.

Goal:
Lets say we want to grab the Rat Race model and shrink it an put it on top of the table at a 45 degree angle.
I will use my code template for MP's above....

You will see I play with scale just to prove that I have grabbed the table successfully....

Hey Terry !
What do you mean here?

This is what I meant. :)

I have the pup plug-in streaming the FP Editor and the PUP FullDMD (FullDMD on dummy plug, Editor on 2nd TV). Ignore the image quality because the the VR preview is very low res.

Anyway... the problem here is that you lose focus of the Editor window when trying to be in FP VR. You need to go back and manually click into the Editor window. So it doesn't work well in the regard.

1591463098631.png

Now I get it thx! much more easier than before

** removed **

Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back