Flipperless Rat Race (Willams, 1983) and other re-creations with BAM

I am not glorify this with a reply. (sh*t I just did...)

which means this (sh*t I just did...)

what's this a message in Martian code?and you say,that.... I .....have language problems ?

listen polygame, let's end this story....here.... right now....that is best for everyone.

Ok, sorry everyone, it was a big mistake joining in.
thk for the hospitality and please delete my account.

You have all the floor wild. My apologies.

I don't feel guilty about this childish behavior that you want to leave now, I'm nobody, and I don't want any floor all for me.

you are making a very big mistake......and I don't accept your apologies, because you don't need to ask me

I am leaving instead, that I am nobody ... I spent 9 years of my life learning to build a mediocre table
instead you are the great polygame, everyone here loves you, great builder of fantastic tables I tell the truth.
so,,,,stay here, I'm leaving instead.

I will not reply any more of your comments now, closed story for me.

Last edited:
I think Steve decided to stay for the time being. Thank you, Steve!

@wild,
I've re-read the comment chain... again... and I honestly don't sense that @polygame or @Gin intended any disrespect towards you. Rather, I think it's fairly obvious that this game is your baby, and you've clearly done a wonderful job on it, and I would think we're all looking forward to seeing both the evolution and completion of it.

In any case, no matter what happens from this point on, hats off to you amigo, for doing such an amazing job on this one, plus sharing your work on it! :D

And of course, thanks to Gimli as well.

Paolo,
you can correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like translation difficulties might play a role in this stuff. For example, I never have such difficulties as when I'm trying to communicate in my broken Spanish or French with native speakers.

Like, no matter how much exhaustive, perfectionistic work I spend on that stuff, I often come away with a (conscious or unconscious) sense that others aren't fully respecting my efforts, or are downright ignoring me. Does that ring a bell?

Also, I want to share a short, embarrassing story about myself, as seen right here on this site:

So, back in 2009 I wasn't doing much dev-work on my VP projects. (outside of Billiards Engine?) Instead, I was having a blast in threads like this:

Battleships Forever and the 2009 Indy game winners.
Name the bands or die a horrible death, alone and unloved!

For whatever reason, at some point, still in 2009, I came to feel hugely offended by a perceived lack of recognition over my efforts, and rage-quit this site for two years... later, sheepishly slinking back around 2011. A lot had happened, and was happening in my life at the time, but I don't feel that stuff was hugely relevant... enough to detail, anyway. Point is, it was about my wounded ego.

Hum. So what is my point, here...?

Yeah, I can understand you feeling offended, Paulo. That's a normal human reaction, and I think we've all been there. Indeed, that makes you a pretty normal, human being as I see it.

Feel free to log back in whenever suits you. You are appreciated, here. Feel free to direct-message me, too.

Also want to point out-- I'm just a staff volunteer. I love this site, but I have my own health issues and life-concerns to worry about.

I'm willing to make a post like this every once in a while, for a good cause, but I trust we are all adults here. Please don't confuse me for a Mother Hen, expecting an ongoing level of intervention. I'm just not able to do that. Sorry, not sorry.

Also, please understand that if you have issues with another site member, it's always welcome if you can try to work out whatever you can with them directly.

For example, sometimes we speak one way in a public thread, and it can get naturally perceived badly, but sometimes just talking to a person directly can skip lots of trauma.

Just my 2¢.

Please be well. <3

Last edited:
@Ike Savage

Ok, Ike ..... thank you very much for your thoughts.
But I want to replicate peacefully if I can,and I try to explain myself better

I didn't say that Gin, or polygame, disrespected me....but
I just said, that in my opinion, after expressing my opinion on that video or code job that gimli did or showed, too quickly,

I did not agree, and that the project could go bad,or suspended or abandoned by me ..... so, for me, any intervention by other users regarding the table depends on the context of these interventions. .. I interpret it as non-productive, and not necessary for the project

it is not difficult to understand this, if I see two people arguing or have some quarrel for anything (in this case wild and gimli) ...... two are the actions you can choose
1) stay on the sidelines thinking about your things
2)or intervene in your way, risking taking punches too

so what do you do?

I in your place, since we talk about gaming tables, so unimportant things in life, I stay aside and I do not do anything about the table
so as not to create other problems.....

here's how I interpreted the intervention of gin and polygame.....and I explain again and again
about polygame he praised the video, contested by me .... and gin offered help, which for the moment was not the right time
these things make me a little angry..... and unleash the abandonment of the project within me

in my country it says so ...... between wife and husband, I must not put my finger
the finger is a metaphor, as if to say if there is a dispute between the wife and husband, one must not interfere.

as far as translation and the language barrier are concerned, I learned to put many points to break the sentences, and not the point, (because the translator interprets the point very badly, instead many dots no) and the commas between a speech and the other, which is very important for those who do the translation ..... I give an example

this sentence in red (said polygame) for me it doesn't make sense, it doesn't have commas and it has an end point, when I do the translation the translator tells me absurd things

I am not here to step on any toes so if I cause any grief in anything I said please just tell me nicely.

instead if I do so

I am,not here, to step on any toes, so..... if I cause any grief,in anything, I said please.... just tell me nicely.

so I understand what he want to tell me.then, I have the habit of doing the counter test, Italian to English .... then, English to Italian, and I can understand better.....

I don't have anything with anyone, I respect everyone, and I almost never offend,I consider all of them friends, even if sometimes there is some discussion.....I don't hate Gimli, or Polygame, rather the contrary consider them companions of this hobby.
but, if I think something,is not as it should be, then, I say, what as I think.

The important thing is never to offend

Last edited:
I agree Paolo . I don't think any of us wish to offend.
Let's all see if we can continue this work of not offending and continue this table .
Today I won't have time for a "Chat Room" but can respond to messages in my inbox

Thanks

Last edited:
Let's all see if we can continue this work...... all who? it's just you and me.
Yes just you and me

I ask you and offer my apologies , even if I don't know where it is.......maybe I disrespected you?
I am good ,no worries. Thanks

and continue this table....I am continuing the construction.
I am happy

I am good ,no worries. Thanks

if you say so:rolleyes:

I am happy, that you are good....

you said that,you have the sounds right?you could pass it to me?

I don't have the sounds
I just have the ROM and play the sounds with PinMame and either extract them one a time...by pressing F5 or record them with Audacity software. It looks like there are about 60 sounds ( most of the sound are very annoying :). Just "Blips" and " Burps" and "Buzzes')
I won't be home for another 7 hours....I have a "Telehealth" shift today

I don't have the sounds
I just have the ROM and play the sounds with PinMame and either extract them one a time...by pressing F5 or record them with Audacity software. It looks like there are about 60 sounds ( most of the sound are very annoying :). Just "Blips" and " Burps" and "Buzzes')
I won't be home for another 7 hours....I have a "Telehealth" shift today

well, can you extract these 60 sounds?
when you can of course, don't worry I don't want to use his annoying ones, but the ones I consider good :cool:

I'm redesigning the all lights....in "lightimage"...no playfield.
pity that the playfield is very poor and of low resolution, if there was our dear friend Gianfranco (franzleo), I was sure he would have redesigned it.

I registered on this site,to look for a contact with a user, for a photo, that proposed the sale, but unfortunately it is no longer active

https://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?p=224054#p224054

@Ike Savage @Gimli @Gin
Question.....
I don't know if it is possible from the "rom", when you open it with PinMAME32, or if you can from the script?

I would like to eliminate the countdown sound, it prevents me from recording the sounds from vp, while I play, I don't have all this patience to search for sounds one by one in "Sound Command Mode", I prefer to record it what I need, because I know where and what to press to hear it on vp

Hey Paolo
In the video I sent you see sounds 1-10
So if you video all that will be a good reference. I can make a video for you ?

Hey Paolo
In the video I sent you see sounds 1-10
So if you video all that will be a good reference. I can make a video for you ?

fraps, it is a good recorder, but it creates huge files, if you then convert them, to send me a video of small dimensions, you lose the quality of the recorded sound

you should make a lot of videos.....ok,
send me videos of all the sounds, except the one that continues for minutes, the one not

looks like there are 55 or so sounds ?
52 is a nice little song :)

I am converting a video now...
There are 5 sounds that I cut off quickly as they go on forever. But you will still hear them for a few seconds and see what Number they are....

Ok
here is a video reference of sound from 1 -60
There may be more but it seems to go silent after 60 whatever

ok,well done,Bob,thanks?

Ok, the table is proceeding well, it is not finished yet .... I have designed all the lights, and I continue to improve it.

View attachment rat-video2.mp4

The table is in Gimli's hands for the first code of the first mission the "Sewer Swim".

The rules are very simple, but sometimes, they are not complete, and they don't say everything, about a table, this recreation for Fp, will be very faithful to the VP version, but there is also an excellent video, that I can count.

Looks great! Excited for the effort on this table (and this new genre of games)

With a shadowmap and some BAM adjustements it will be perfect.

How do you plan to make it work for cabinet? On mine I have 2 buttons for the flippers and 2 for nudging.
could de nudge be dynamically remapped in FP script to be used as supplementary pair of buttons?
(without the need to go in the control editor)

With a shadowmap and some BAM adjustements it will be perfect.

How do you plan to make it work for cabinet? On mine I have 2 buttons for the flippers and 2 for nudging.
could de nudge be dynamically remapped in FP script to be used as supplementary pair of buttons?
(without the need to go in the control editor)

ok, I think Gimli can answer better than me.

Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: AnushDCosta is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back