Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams, 1996)

Williams SS Recreation BAM FP Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams, 1996) v1.9 BAM

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball

GeorgeH

Flippered Out
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Attack From Mars
GeorgeH submitted a new resource:

Tales of the Arabian Nights - Internet Pinball Database No. 3824

NOTE: This table uses Dynamic Flippers and Lighting that require use of BAM v1.4-267 (or later) to be installed which was released on November 9, 2019. Part of the script requires version 275 although I have added some coding that will ignore this script if you don't have version 275 installed yet. It is very easy to upgrade. You can download the most current version at the following link. This installation file installs Future Pinball and BAM at the same time. If you have either Future...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks guys for all the likes, comment and the review by @Jens.L. I consider this to be my best table mod so far. The lighting ended up looking just right. Part of the reason it looks good is that Smoke added an unrendered bulb to every bulb on the table. ...So every bulb is actually 2 bulbs. I will have to see if I can duplicate it on other tables.

could someone please advise me on a setting as I'm finding the ball has a jitter effect thanks

could someone please advise me on a setting as I'm finding the ball has a jitter effect thanks

Try changing the lighting option by pressing the "Special 1" key repeatedly to cycle through the options until you find "FP Original" which should require fewer system resources. If that doesn't help, try reducing the "Hardware lights to use" on the options in the FP editor. Otherwise, try performing Steps 6, 12 and 17 of my guide here:

hi George.
it hasn't really made any difference. i have notified zen studio as their version also on my computer the ball does not run smooth. i have all of the tables from every developer and sad to say this table is the only one with this oddness. their earlier table theatre of magic runs like all my tables perfect
the ball alignment is not good from the top centre magnetic hold under the genie and goes out of play dead centre of the flippers.?

Last edited:
I have noticed that when the genie releases the magnet that the ball usually hits near the tip of the left flipper but it does sometimes drain. I looked through a subroutine (sub GENIEMAGNET_OFF) but I am not able to figure out how to change the coding to make it work better. Maybe one of my coding buddies might be able to figure it out. @popotte @Gimli

Last edited:
I have noticed that when the genie releases the magnet that the ball usually hits near the tip of the left flipper but it does sometimes drain. I looked through a subroutine (sub GENIEMAGNET_OFF) but I am not able to figure out how to change the coding to make it work better. Maybe one of my coding buddies might be able to figure it out. @popotte @Gimli
thanks, George. there is no doubt in my mind in that the table
Tales of the Arabian Nights
from zen in its original form has this very small error of jitter on the ball. the ball does, however, drain correctly. the customer service at zen is very hit and miss, as it can take a long time for them, to get back to you
yes hopefully someone can work that out as its a world-class table
as for the ball, in general, it's not perfect in its jitter and out of all my tables falls short for some reason. but then if the original table has the same fault then to me it's difficult to fix. like all things, these glitches do not affect everyone so it could well just be me?

i don't know if you have seen the table Tales of the Arabian Nights 4k ? now this table works very well on my system for ball jitter runs not far short of perfect. it also drains correctly. what zen need to understand you can't just sit thinking all your tables are perfect. they need updating from time to time to match the windows updates and also your graphic card manufacturer updates.
as a Microsoft windows insider, my speciality is finding faults not fixing them.

What do you mean by "jitter". On your first post about it, I thought you meant a low frame rate so I posted how to improve it but obviously that is not it. Later, I thought you were talking about the trajectory of the ball as it leaves the magnet. Now, I am not sure what you mean.

I am not familiar with "Tales of the Arabian Nights 4k". I assume it is a table that must be able to play on a high resolution 4k display.

What do you mean by "jitter". On your first post about it, I thought you meant a low frame rate so I posted how to improve it but obviously that is not it. Later, I thought you were talking about the trajectory of the ball as it leaves the magnet. Now, I am not sure what you mean.

I am not familiar with "Tales of the Arabian Nights 4k". I assume it is a table that must be able to play on a high-resolution 4k display.
hi George.
the jitter I'm referring to on the ball relates to how the ball runs. it doesn't have a smooth flow it stops starts in very quick succession just like you see on the magnet when the ball has stopped. a fine shakey effect this, in turn, causes the ball to run out of true also adds artefacts to the ball so the ball loses its chrome effect. as I say George it only on this table so best not to get too involved in fixing it. as long as your satisfied its up to par then that's good enough for me ok

the 4k vpx Tales of the Arabian Nights can be found here. you can play it on any display but looks best on a 4k monitor or cabinet

I have watched the video of a real table and how the ball interacts with the magnet. When the ball hits the magnet, it does quiver quite a bit as it does on this table. The trajectory of the ball is more random on the real table when it is released by the magnet than on this table. My buddies can probably change the trajectory of the ball as it leaves the magnet and make it more random which I think would be worth implementing. To be honest, I am still not sure what you are tabling about. I would probably only be able to understand it if you record a video and provide some narration about what you mean.

I have watched the video of a real table and how the ball interacts with the magnet. When the ball hits the magnet, it does quiver quite a bit as it does on this table. The trajectory of the ball is more random on the real table when it is released by the magnet than on this table. My buddies can probably change the trajectory of the ball as it leaves the magnet and makes it more random which I think would be worth implementing. To be honest, I am still not sure what you are tabling about. I would probably only be able to understand it if you record a video and provide some narration about what you mean.
that would help George if the trajectory of the ball was random or anything but straight out between the flippers:hysterical
as for the jitter, I will at some point record what I mean and post it to youtube if I think it will show this fault in the recording.

as it's a fine fault it may not show up hence I'm waiting for zen to get back to me with a technical answer. it could just be me and my eyesight and age so don't worry :)

one final thought? i'm thinking this could just be the ball colour that could be changed? the ball on the present colour for the zen table is very non-descript to me it comes across as a dull chrome? maybe if you could make it a solid bright chrome? or steel?for your table?

Last edited:
FP has many custom balls. You just press "N" or "P" although there are not too many that are different versions a a silver ball. Before you try that, you might want to open the script and change some of the parameters listed in the "BALL CONFIGURATION" section and follow guidance in the comments.

This table uses BAM magnets and I am not sure how to change the coding.

@popotte ot @Gimli Do either of you guys know how to change it?

FP has many custom balls. You just press "N" or "P" although there are not too many that are different versions a a silver ball. Before you try that, you might want to open the script and change some of the parameters listed in the "BALL CONFIGURATION" section and follow guidance in the comments.

This table uses BAM magnets and I am not sure how to change the coding.

@popotte ot @Gimli Do either of you guys know how to change it?
FP has many custom balls. You just press "N" or "P"
hi George
N or P when pressed on my keyboard just show up as default. I can't find a key to change the ball?

Are you playing Future Pinball or Zen ?

Are you playing Future Pinball or Zen?
I play both Gimli. as I was saying to George in the post above just maybe a change of ball might do the trick and a slight alteration on the magnets so that the ball exits correctly so that it doesn't exit through the centre of the flippers. many thanks :)

I play both Gimli. as I was saying to George in the post above just maybe a change of ball might do the trick and a slight alteration on the magnets so that the ball exits correctly so that it doesn't exit through the centre of the flippers. many thanks :)

Changing ball texture won't help.
You can change location of magnet slightly....

in code , I see 2 magnets

1. "GenieMagnet" at line 898
Code:
Dim GENIEMAGNET
Set GENIEMAGNET  = xBAM.CreateMagneticField(magnetgenie.X, magnetgenie.Y,   -10,   100,       0.5)
You can move it left or right a little...for example a move to left would be x - whatever....
like so:

Code:
Dim GENIEMAGNET
Set GENIEMAGNET  = xBAM.CreateMagneticField(magnetgenie.X-10, magnetgenie.Y,   -10,   100,       0.5)
The above should move magnet to left by 10 units...I think :p

2."WheelMagnet" at line 933

Code:
Dim WHEELMAGNET
Set WHEELMAGNET  = xBAM.CreateMagneticField(wheelmagnetb.X, wheelmagnetb.Y,  100,   60,       0)

Changing ball texture won't help.
You can change location of magnet slightly....

in code , I see 2 magnets

1. "GenieMagnet" at line 898
Code:
Dim GENIEMAGNET
Set GENIEMAGNET  = xBAM.CreateMagneticField(magnet

You can move it left or right a little...for example a move to left would be x - whatever....
like so:

[CODE]Dim GENIEMAGNET
Set GENIEMAGNET  = xBAM.CreateMagneticField(magnetgenie.X-10, magnetgenie.Y,   -10,   100,       0.5)
The above should move magnet to left by 10 units...I think :p

2."WheelMagnet" at line 933

Code:
Dim WHEELMAGNET
Set WHEELMAGNET  = xBAM.CreateMagneticField(wheelmagnetb.X, wheelmagnetb.Y,  100,   60,       0)
genie.X, magnetgenie.Y,   -10,   100,       0.5)
thank you :) is there a setting that could change the colour of the ball?

thank you :) is there a setting that could change the colour of the ball ?
No it won't change color of ball ...it will change location of magnet so maybe ball won't fall between flippers when magnet is switched off

No it won't change color of ball ...it will change location of magnet so maybe ball won't fall between flippers when magnet is switched off
that's works but I'm still getting a fine jitter on the ball from this table only I also get it on the zen table ? all other tables I have are fine

N or P when pressed on my keyboard just show up as default. I can't find a key to change the ball?

If you used the "2 in 1" installer, there is a check box for "few sets of ball textures". It installs several balls. ...But all of them are here:

and here:

I guess we should move these over to this forum. One of many things to do.

for changing ball color, I am not certain about smoke's code...but I notice this:
at line 479

Code:
Class Fake_xBAM_BallCreationInfo
    Public Property Get Red
        Red = 192
    End Property
    Public Property Get Green
        Green = 192
    End Property
    Public Property Get Blue
        Blue = 192
    End Property
    Public Property Get BallNumber
        BallNumber = 0
    End Property
End Class

So you can change from 192's to whatever you wish.
The color numbers can be obtained from any color box in the FP table editor...click on a color and look at the numbers

for instance Red is Red = 255, Green = 0, Blue = 0

Also if I recall correctly you can in most tables change ball color as follows:
Code:
'KickerName.CreateBall number, number, number'
'example
Plungerkicker.Createball 255,0,0

Last edited:
Bob,

Thanks for your help!

Is there a way to make the ball be released from the magnet more randomly? I have noticed on the videos of real tables, the magnet releases the ball in more directions than it does on this one. There is a kicker saved to the same location as the the magnet. I tried adding a solenoid pulse that seems to affect the ball when it is released immediately but doesn't work when one of the longer quotes plays.

Moving the ball to the left will help.

George

If you used the "2 in 1" installer, there is a check box for "few sets of ball textures". It installs several balls. ...But all of them are here:

and here:

I guess we should move these over to this forum. One of many things to do.
thanks, George all fixed it was the ball colour. i forgot to tick the "few sets of ball textures" that's my speciality in the fine detail. now I will have to get zen to do likewise but that's never going to happen such is life

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back