afm
Last edited:
@ULTIMATE Pro Pinball
@GeorgeH
@Gimli
@TerryRed

Freddy Krueger : 12 animations

various Attack, Idle, Talk...etc...

If Russell is still available or someone have permission to mod his table, I will gladly send it
to the person who can incorporate this fredy avatars for the NOES table

View attachment 14771

Awesome....love it!

As for as mods for Russell's tables.... as long as its a Future Pinball mod of his tables... they are allowed without permission needed. He's made that very clear. He just doesn't want any of his tables converted to VPX. :)

I will some day add PinEvent to NOES.... so I would love to implement something like that!

I did ask Russell by courtesy. I would really like the animations to feature in NOES. But I know it's important to ask first thing.

I did ask Russell by courtesy. I would really like the animations to feature in NOES. But I know it's important to ask first thing.
Wow ! Very cool Steve ! Can you give us an update on developments with model animation and BAM ?

everything works perfectly. I will ask Rav if I can share the new model importer. if so, we are good too go

everything works perfectly. I will ask Rav if I can share the new model importer. if so, we are good too go
It would be great to have a tutorial at some point showing which model formats to use and how to add textures etc...

What would be amazing if is we could use VR to do basic skeletal animation (I have apps that do that for fun movies,etc) and use the parent / bone animations with objects / avatar models,etc.

I'm out of date with current methods that are popular with 3d models and skeletal animation methods... but the principle is the same.

The Freddie animation is really nice. The flames on the flippers are a nice touch also.

1. Here is the the modelImporter and the right BAM version to make it work. It also contain the necessary update for the Gif swapping texture.
(ModelImporterBeta(3).zip)

2. Extract the BAM DLL in the usual place.
3. The rest of the Files are related to ModelImporter and should not be in the BAM folder. put them anywhere else in a separate folder.
4. the ModelImporter.exe in the BAM folder is now deprecated. Do not try to use it. Please contact me if you have any doubt the way I explain it.
5. I usually pick my model from CGtraders or Turbosquid. lots of good stuff there, some are free. I also make my own with softimage.
6. for animation I use mixamo.com. You need an Adobe cloud Account to access all the feature. I do if you are stuck.
7. 3D Model should be in Tpose. If you don't know what it mean, I would recommend starting to watch tutorials :)
8. My preferred format is FBX as it containb everything in it Model, animation and texture.
9. I found out that it is easier to use a model with One baked texture map than having to deal with multiple map. but hey...you do you.

The NEW Model Importer has been designed by Rav, according to my specifications. I tested it out a lot before this post so
it cover up all the need we might have in a foreseeable future

10. Here is a video Rav made. I can fill the gap if there is any

11. the Freddy table is in attachment. look at the code it is pretty straight forward. If you manage to have the permission from Russell to mod NOES, please keep me in the loop, me wanna play...

12. the Freddy model (in the zip) can be imported to modelImporter. you can see all of the animations there. You refer to them in the script by A,B,C,D...etc...

Most importantly, Have fun!

Attachments

• ModelImporterBeta(3).zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 129
  • freddy.fpt
    4.7 MB · Views: 106
  • freddyModel.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 114
@polygame
@ravarcade

Thanks guys ! That is absolutely amazing.
I notice Rav's video didn't have the baked texture or did he have to click on diffuse map and load it in the "model Importer" program like he did the Normal Map

Have you tried importing other model types or only FBX (not that we need more)
My daughter was taking model animating courses with some Pixar animators online and they were using Maya. But I believe you can export from Maya and other programs to FBX ?

the model had no texture when I send him animation. I redid it while he was doing other stuff on BAM.
most of program export FBX. You can import obj as well but there will be no animation.

BUT... mixamo let you import a model, animate it AND convert it as FBX.

the model had no texture when I send him animation. I redid it while he was doing other stuff on BAM.
most of program export FBX. You can import obj as well but there will be no animation.

BUT... mixamo let you import a model, animate it AND convert it as FBX.
This is great Steve I will give it a try !!

@TerryRed will you give it a go with the NOES 3d model?

Also I don't have milkshape, so if someone can send me the minions models on the table of the same name(as OBJ)
I would like to animate them. animated models should be Biped BTW

@TerryRed will you give it a go with the NOES 3d model?

Also I don't have milkshape, so if someone can send me the minions models on the table of the same name(as OBJ)
I would like to animate them. animated models should be Biped BTW

I'm currently finishing off F-14 Tomcat PinEvent. Then after that I need to get Star Wars DSA PinEvent done. I also need to get a PinEvent install video done.

I'm still waiting to find out if I'm being deployed to Alert in August. If that is the case my time is extremely limited until then. If I'm up in Alert, I won't have a very good Internet connection at the North Pole (its a very slow military sat com link).

If I'm not being deployed... then I'll have more time to do other things and play around.

Here's two of the Minions converted to Object with the texture. They have a pole up their butt though :)

Attachments

• Minions Objects.zip
    217.3 KB · Views: 110
On it...thx!
I am running windows 7 on my laptop still and am having a BAM crash problem when using new files. I am discussing this with Rav.

The new model importer runs fine as far as I can tell...but only certain FBX models will load. So I believe you will have to show us how to define FBX models and save them so importer will recognize them.

The "renderingengine.dll" make BAM not load however.
If I use new BAM beta enclosed above and all the other files you enclosed but use the "renderingengine.dll" from January 20,2020 then BAM runs fine again and runs your Freddy demo perfectly.

So it looks like can use everything as longs as Model importer and "renderingengine.dll" are in a separate folder from the version of BAM I am trying to use....

Rav verified above.
The newrenderer.dll and model importer need to be in a separate non bam folder

that's what I said. only BAM.dll should be in BAM folder
all the rest : OUT

Ya you said it but I didnt see it ! You should have told me to see what you said :) of course I have have no idea what I am saying as you can see :)

face palm (sigh!)
Steve,
I signed up for maxima and downloaded an FBX animation of one of the default rigged characters, but when I load into model importer I get a black
animated model.
When I test the file "Autodesk FBX Review program" all the textures look perfect.

Am I missing a step ?

Attachments

• Zombie Kicking.zip
    15.9 MB · Views: 110
yep, you forgot to put these... :)

joking aside, you wouldn't have known. you need to import FBX into an editing software to extract the FBM which contain the texture.
If I open it with softimage, it automatically creates a folder with these 2 texture in it.

Now. open model importer, import your FBX.
look at texture > Diffuse and Normal. there are to misplace/missing texture.
import the two I just gave you.

Let me know If I got you confused along the way :)

Attachments

• Mutant_diffuse.png
    Mutant_diffuse.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 109
  • Mutant_normal.png
    Mutant_normal.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 103
yep, you forgot to put these... :)

joking aside, you wouldn't have known. you need to import FBX into an editing software to extract the FBM which contain the texture.
If I open it with softimage, it automatically creates a folder with these 2 texture in it.

Now. open model importer, import your FBX.
look at texture > Diffuse and Normal. there are to misplace/missing texture.
import the two I just gave you.

Let me know If I got you confused along the way :)
Works Perfectly for that model type thanks !!
I will keep testing

@polygame
softimage is no longer being produced and still costs > $300
are there any free model importers that will extract the image files that you are aware of ?

I figured it out !!
WOWWWW !! Is this ever amazing !!
Thanks so much Rav and Steve !!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: MMITG is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back