Future DMD

Victor74

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
RoadShow
Hello everyone, I just registered and I have a question, to see if anyone knows how to request it.
Most of the tables that have DMD, show it in FutureDMD if it is open.
However, in some tables this is not the case, for example in the previous version of Slamt1lt of Star Wars DSA Future DMD works and in the last version it does not.
There are 3 Slamt1lt tables where Future DMD doesn't work and 3 tables by other authors where it doesn't work for me.
Is there a way to make those tables display FutureDMD or bring the DMDs seen on the playfield to the third monitor?
BTW, we have made a PinballX crypt for Future Pinball, if you find DMDVideo.MP4 in the media folder, open Future DMD before launching the table.
If you find DMDImage.PNG in the media folder, open Image_Monitor_View with the image for the table dmd on the indicated monitor.
If anyone is interested, I can post it here or you can download it from the PinballX website.
-----------------
Hola a todos, me acabo de registrar y tengo una duda, a ver si alguien sabe como solicionarlo.
La mayoría de las mesas que tienen DMD, lo muestran en FutureDMD si este se encuentra abierto.
Si embargo en algunas mesas esto no es así, por ejemplo en la anterior versión de Slamt1lt de Star Wars DSA funciona Future DMD y en la última versión no.
Hay 3 mesas de Slamt1lt en las que no funciona Future DMD y 3 mesas de otros autores en las que no me funciona.
¿Hay alguna manera de hacer que esas mesas muestren FutureDMD o de llevar los DMD que se ven sobre el playfield al tercer monitor?
Por cierto, hemos hecho un cript de PinballX para Future Pinball, si encuentra DMDVideo.MP4 en la carpeta de medias, abre Future DMD antes de lanzar la mesa.
Si encuentra DMDImage.PNG en la carpeta de medias, abre Image_Monitor_View con la imagen para el dmd de la mesa en el monitor indicado.
Si alguien está interesado, lo puedo publicar aquí o lo puede descargar desde la web de PinballX.

I have never used FutureDMD but have read enough about it that I think I can answer your question. Star Wars DSA has a DMD of the shape 128x16. From what I have read, FutureDMD will only display DMDs that are shaped 128x32. You can try opening the translite in the editor and click on the DMD and change it to 128x32 but it may not look very good.

The videos on Star Wars DSA all display on an overlay that won't display on FutureDMD either.

If any of the tables that won't work have a segmented display or any display that is not a true 128x32 DMD, they won't display on FutureDMD.

Anything that won't display on FutureDMD will probably have to moved higher on the translite so it displays on your backglass monitor. You would open the translite in the editor and right click on the object you want to move and select unlock. Then drag and drop to move it.

Thanks George, the DMD is the same in the 2 Star Wars DSA tables, in the old table work, tomorrow I see if I change 128x32 to 128x16 in the properties of the DMD of the new version.

If you don't use Future DMD, how do you see the DMD on a third monitor?

To take it to the second monitor there is no problem, but that I know to take it to a third monitor only you can with FutureDMD.

So I want to know if there are other methods and I have not heard of them.

Thanks George, the DMD is the same in the 2 Star Wars DSA tables, in the old table work, tomorrow I see if I change 128x32 to 128x16 in the properties of the DMD of the new version.

If you don't use Future DMD, how do you see the DMD on a third monitor?

You need to change the DMD to 128x32.

I don't have a pinball cabinet so I don't know how to view displays on other monitors but TerryRed may provide directions on his guide here:

Hi Victor74,
Thought I would chime in here since I am a cabinet owner and have used FutrueDMD for many years. George is 100% correct FDMD will only duplicate a DMD display if it is set to 128x32 in the translite. Slamt1lt has been using 128x16 lately because it looks better for desktop users.
Change any one of the DMD's it dosn't mater as long as one is 128x32.
You can also use FutureDMD_Relay to change the colour of the DMD per table. This is only a colour change for the whole DMD. Say GREEN for Attack From Mars or RED for Nightmare On Elm Street... The only other option I know of is Pinup Player, I do use this for some VPX tables but none with future Pinball. TerryRed is without a doubt the Pinup Player guru but is also very knowledgeable about all aspects of FP, cheers!

I wish someone would come forward and create a better method to display content from Future Pinball on a third monitor. FutureDMD has been the only option but is strictly limited to a true 128x32 DMD. It would be nice to be able to easily display content from segmented displays and overlays. TerryRed has something like 5 monitors on his pincab and he manages to get content to display on them in some way but I don't think it is easy. He works in the military and I think he is currently on temporary assignment somewhere that has limited computer access. He has produced numerous videos on how he set up his cabinet that he calls PinKadia.

Yes, I have seen the work of Terry Red and her Pinkadia, really amazing.
The Script we have made for Future Pinball, open UltraDMD if there is a video.mp4 in the DMD Videos folder or open Image_Monitor_View with the image for the DMD of that table if there is no video and there is image.png in the DMD Images folder.
A command line can be added at the end, which would be true in both cases to show another image for the topper with Image_Monitor_View or a video with ffplay.
I think if they found a way to use Extarnal DMD with Future Pinball, it would be a breakthrough since it allows color palette colorization, it has a much better visual appearance, there are no problems with larger Sega DMDs, nor with less size etc.
It would still be pending to be able to make the B2S DMD as we do with Visual Pinball for which I have made more than 100 DirectB2S with B2SDMD for tables such as 250cc, Pole Position, Odin Deluxe.
Here you can see the great difference of these tables when either the B2S does not have a B2SDMD or you use a Real DMD that does not allow its use, as there is a B2SDMD and a monitor.

Attachments

• MonitorVsDMD.jpg
    MonitorVsDMD.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 189
TerryRed has something like 5 monitors on his pincab and he manages to get content to display on them in some way but I don't think it is easy.
Wow, five? oO

Right now I'm counting three. Would be interested in hearing if there are actually more. From the pics I'm seeing a big upright one on top for the backglass, a smaller upright one typically segmented in to two sub-frames for DMD / video display, and of course the huge PF monitor.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Pinkadia&tbm=isch

I consider the monitor below the backglass 2 monitors because it is separated into 2 displays as like you say one for DMD and the other for video display. I am sure he has to set it up like 2 monitors.
Well, I am wrong. In the last upgrade, he combined the 2 old displays for the one monitor into a single screen where he displays a single pinup popper screen which can combine DMDs and video. He added a small display between the playfield and the lock down bar. ...So the current count is 4 monitors. He shows it in this video:

Last edited:
Set to 128x32 work fine for some tables. Thanks.
In WCSoccer and X-Men, two old tables, don´t work, I suppose we will have to wait for an update of those tables.

@Victor74

WCSoccer and X-Men are built by Smoke and he only codes one DMD to a table that works because it takes less time. He leaves it up to the end user to swap between the 2 DMDs that are on the translite. To make the swap, open the translite in the FP editor. You will see 2 DMDs but only one of them will work. There is one DMD for the HUD and one for the backbox. The one that works is named "MyDMD". Click on the HUD DMD and verify it is named "MyDMD" and then either rename or delete the HUD DMD. Click on the DMD for the backglass and rename it with the same name as the HUD DMD. Save changes and it should work.

George

Work Perfect, a lot of thanks.

WCS need a subfolder to put table, xml, zip and sounds.fpl

If overwrite Libraries folder with this archive, other tables send error.

Subfolder its easy solution, other solution is rename this library as WCSSounds.fpl and link each sound in the table to the new library, but a lot of sounds need relink, its very easy create a subfolder.

PinballX open the table without problem in the subfolder (subfolder as rename as table name)

I forgot to tell you that both tables have a library that has the exact same name. I did the subfolder fix with X-Men but saving WCS to a subfolder works also.

Sí, editar cada enlace de sonido lleva mucho tiempo.
Create one subfolder is the easy solution.

I might mod WCSoccer or X-Men to fix this problem once and for all. Does anyone have a preference on which table they would like me to mod?

See if one has fewer sounds than the other

Actually, I would do more than fix the sound library. I would like to know which table everyone likes the best and update that one.

@GeorgeH
Just by watching videos, I'd say x-men is more interesting in gameplay. WCS seems to be very repetitive.

They updated the WCS table at the end of 2020, now there is no conflict with the libraries anymore and although I have not put it in Cabinet yet, I think the DMD will also work in Future DMD.

-------------------------------------------------

Actualizaron la mesa WCS a finales de 2020, ahora ya no hay conflicto con las librerías y aunque todavía no la he puesto en Cabinet, creo que el DMD también funcionará en Future DMD.

Cool! Honestly, I forgot all about doing it myself but I am glad this is fixed now.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Popotte has posted a new reply in the thread "How Do I Move a DMD on the Backbox Using Script...
      Back