Future Pinball - Force Feedback Question / Help

Philspen

Pinball Player
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Pin Bot
Hi,

My cabinet has 7 solenoids and and shaker motor. I have been trying to get the force feedback to work with Future Pinball. It works great with Avatar, and Masters of The Universe, but I know those tables run off of DOFlinx and were set up by Terry Red. I have been trying to add DOF to the tables using Terry's script. Does it not fork for force feedback, and do a majority of the Future Pinball tables just not use it, or am I just missing something? Thanks so much any help is greatly apricated.

Solution
That page will add DOF "support" to a table... but you still need to add DOF commands throughout the table script (to trigger DOF events)... and create the DOF config for all the triggered feedback on DOF Config Tool for the table in question.

Nothing is automatic. You have to do everything yourself to add DOF to a table that has no DOF support created yet.
Try these Video Tutorials made by the great TerryRed that shows how to add DOFLinx to FP Games..
There are a total of 16 helpful videos that may answer your questions.
I saw some of those videos. I was looking at this code https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/how-to-add-dof-direct-output-framework-support-to-any-future-pinball-table.20456/ - I'm was wondering if this worked for force feedback? I also am wondering if the Future Pinball tables are usually set up for DOF force feedback it(with the exceptions for then DOFlinx tables), or is it something I set up, like he does in those videos , or am I just missing a setting in the script of Future Pinball?

I have never used DOF, because I haven't made a pinball cabinet yet, so I will let the Experts on this subject help you.

That page will add DOF "support" to a table... but you still need to add DOF commands throughout the table script (to trigger DOF events)... and create the DOF config for all the triggered feedback on DOF Config Tool for the table in question.

Nothing is automatic. You have to do everything yourself to add DOF to a table that has no DOF support created yet.

Last edited:
Solution
Thank you. :) That is what I was gathering from my research. Just wanted to be sure that wasn't a problem with my configuration of a setting that I was missing.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Mauma is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back