What music are you listening to?

Big fan of Yes.

Prefer the older stuff, Yes Yes, Time and a Word, Yes Album, Close to the Edge, Topographic etc.

Some later albums are good too, but I always tend to grab the earlier ones.

It is a shame that Jon Anderson lost his high tenor singing voice., The new guy isn't bad but it is hard to beat Jon.

Jon had a few solo albums too, but I cannot remember the name of any of them! Must be a senior moment! ?

Jon had a few solo albums too, but I cannot remember the name of any of them! Must be a senior moment! ?
I have three of them:

In the City of Angels (probably the best one)
Olias of Sunhillow (some think this is the best)
Song of Seven

He has quite a few albums:

Thanks George ... Song of Seven it was for me, but that was a while ago.

Prefer the older stuff, Yes Yes, Time and a Word, Yes Album, Close to the Edge, Topographic etc.

Some later albums are good too, but I always tend to grab the earlier ones.
Their 70's stuff is definitely the highlight for me.

That tune posted above reminds me of how Genesis went from a really creative (but popular) sound to 'hum-drum dinosaur rock' by the mid-80's or so. I think part of that had to do with them trying to shift to meet shifting expectations, but also just the fact that they were much older by then, and no doubt creatively-exhausted to an extent. Pretty common stuff, really.

For some reason that's reminding me of Paul McCartney a bit, too. Maybe because I like to perform a couple of his songs, like Jet. I mean, he had a string of real good songs in the 70's and early 80's, but the well just seemed to dry up at some point. I tried to listen to a couple of his later efforts, but they were typically full of horribly-overdriven electric guitar, and stuff like that. I think he was honestly trying to shift his style to meet the times, but it just didn't seem to work. :s

The 70's were the age for me too Ike, Caravan, Kevin Ayes, Yes, Floyd, Mahavishnu Orchestra, The Flock, It's a Beautiful Day, Curved Air etc etc.

The 70's were the age for me too Ike, Caravan, Kevin Ayes, Yes, Floyd, Mahavishnu Orchestra, The Flock, It's a Beautiful Day, Curved Air etc etc.
Wow, most of those I'm not familiar with. Feel free to post some favies! :)

Wow, most of those I'm not familiar with. Feel free to post some favies! :)

What? You've clearly lived a sheltered life! LOL
Here's some Kevin Ayes for you ....

Last edited:
One of the finest albums in my collection.

Plus The Flock:

Plus Caravan:

Plus Mahavishnu Orchestra:

Plus, It's a Beautiful Day:

Finally, Curved Air for your listening approval:

Oh, how could I not mention Paul Kantner and Grace Slick .... pure brilliance wrapped up in an album:

Your feedback is awaited with interest :)
Enjoy.

I'm liking them all so far, matey! (currently up to The Caravan song ALBUM)

Really happy to hear some new stuff, as always. Call it an endless hunger. :p

Last edited:
Oh! So the Caravan "song" was in fact an ALBUM!

Like-- I was doing other work at whiles, listening but concentrated on other stuff. After 35min or so I DID realise that it was either the longest track ever, or Elton was screwing with me. Or that I was a blooming idiot.

Ah, don't answer that, don't answer that. Anyway, let's move on...

"White Bird" brought back some memories. I haven't thought about it for a long time. The other songs are good too.

One of my favorite songs was "The Wizard" that no one plays anymore:

Ur̲i̲ah H̲e̲e̲p published a lot of mediocre albums but this was their best.

Then there is this one:

I liked Uriah Heep’s Very ‘eavy, very ‘umble album ?

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Popotte has posted a new reply in the thread "How Do I Move a DMD on the Backbox Using Script...
      Back