BAM (Better Arcade Mode)

Support File BAM The Importance of BAMing All versions, through v.1.5-36x and beyond

No permission to download
@ georges yes je viens juste de les lire ))))

Not even the foggiest. Actually, not even gopinball counts. Was the first site I've been to but as soon as I looked at the spam I new it was just collecting spiderwebs.
A shame really, because some stuff should probably be preserved.

But if even me knows about this place, I'm sure there are other that can arrive here.
And probably a few are just lurkers.
Some of the authors here like Terry, Gimli and George did a nice job transferring and even expanding some of the guides and stuff from GP over here to PN, but I've no idea if there's other stuff in need of backing up.

If you notice anything else worthy of preservation, maybe give us a heads-up? Or feel free to post it yourself in the relevant section, giving credit where due.

Btw, just looked up "Future Pinball" at FB, and noticed these two groups...

This one's private; needs an application:

This one's public, but kinda looks like it's just one guy posting away with little reaction. Also weirdly mixes in a regular amount of Trump posts:

Last edited:
Looks like Ravarcade created a custom BAM icon recently, so I updated our resource icon to match.

Love the way it stands out, as the old one tended to blend in with the tables in the queue.

That is the icon he saved to the "BAM-Tracker.exe" file in the BAM folder. You can use it for any shortcut icon on your desktop. I tried to capture it to use here but the resolution was not good enough. He must have had a higher resolution version of it somewhere.

That is the icon he saved to the "BAM-Tracker.exe" file in the BAM folder. You can use it for any shortcut icon on your desktop. I tried to capture it to use here but the resolution was not good enough. He must have had a higher resolution version of it somewhere.
FYI, I used 7-zip to extract the icon from the BAM installer. Then I converted it to a PNG and used it as the resource icon here. Note: There were actually eight icon versions in all, and I used the highest-quality one. Maybe you were looking at one of the others.

I'll attach the PNG and ICO versions for those who want it.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 90
  • BAM official icon.zip
    32.7 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Is anyone familiar with Batocera that could give me some guidance on installing BAM?

Is anyone familiar with Batocera that could give me some guidance on installing BAM?
I barely know anything about Linux or running FP - BAM on a portable version of Linux, but I'm thinking @StevOz might have some idears. Or something.

Well, I was able to figure out that BAM is actually pre-installed, so that’s good, but I’m still having the problem. It’s doing that “mediation error” where it can’t find the scripts on some tables. I tried creating a scripts folder inside the Fpinball folder and copied the scripts from the table download but it didn’t help. I’m thinking it has something to do with the Linux folder structure but I don’t know.

@SRGilbert,
Scripts, huh? I'm not aware that FP or FP-BAM use scripts remotely as much as something like say VP does.

Still, if you mean .FPL library files or .XML docs (that define BAM physics), those usually go in the same location as the table, not a separate folder.

What are some tables you're having trouble with? (need exact author and version)

@SRGilbert,
Scripts, huh? I'm not aware that FP or FP-BAM use scripts remotely as much as something like say VP does.

Still, if you mean .FPL library files or .XML docs (that define BAM physics), those usually go in the same location as the table, not a separate folder.

What are some tables you're having trouble with? (need exact author and version)
Several of the tables I’ve dl’d have a “Scrips” folder of vbs files. I got the idea from a post I’d read somewhere this afternoon.

Tables I’ve tried: The Comet, Bride of Pinbot, Addams Family

Several of the tables I’ve dl’d have a “Scrips” folder of vbs files. I got the idea from a post I’d read somewhere this afternoon.

Tables I’ve tried: The Comet, Bride of Pinbot, Addams Family
Like I said, I need the author(s) and version numbers to make sure I'm testing the same table. Don't worry though, ~95% of the time the other person just blissfully skips that question, lol.

Anyway, I looked at The Comet by Tim @Tii, but it only contains an FPT, no scripts.

Dude, just link me to the exact download page where you obtained The Comet, etc. Thanks.

The *.vbs files are intended to be saved to this folder:

C:\Games\Future Pinball\Scripts

...But then I know nothing about the Linux folder structure. You might try copying the content of the entire *.vbs file and pasting it into the script option in the table editor (open the file with Notepad). Just search for a line like the following in the script and delete it. Then paste the content of the entire *.vbs file into the same place.

Code:
ExecuteGlobal LoadExternalScript ("ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs")

That should work if you can't get the external script to work.

Last edited:
Anyway, I looked at The Comet by Tim @Tii, but it only contains an FPT, no scripts.

About @Tii, but what happened to it? I mean he created tables every three days ... and he didn't use Bam ...

@SRGilbert
If you have also had problems with this simple table, then you have some problems of incompatibility with linux ..... I seem to understand that you have this system ..... I'm just hypothesizing

About @Tii, but what happened to it? I mean he created tables every three days ... and he didn't use Bam ...

Well, I was able to figure out that BAM is actually pre-installed, so that’s good, but I’m still having the problem. It’s doing that “mediation error” where it can’t find the scripts on some tables. I tried creating a scripts folder inside the Fpinball folder and copied the scripts from the table download but it didn’t help. I’m thinking it has something to do with the Linux folder structure but I don’t know.

In addition to what I posted above, you might try adding the path to the *.vbs file in the script like I show below. It works on my Windows PC anyway.

Code:
ExecuteGlobal LoadExternalScript ("C:\Games\Future Pinball\Scripts\ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs")

Isaac Sauvage updated BAM (Better Arcade Mode) with a new update entry:

v1.5-340

Changes, in brief:
- script: LightExt.EnableRayCastShadows (only for flashers)
- script: xBAM.RayCastShadows.Enable
- script: xBAM.RayCastShadows.Sharpness
- script: xBAM.RayCastShadows.DarkLevel (default value = 0.0)
- script: xBAM.RayCastShadows.Set sharpness, darkLevel

Full list here:

Read the rest of this update entry...

Changes list fully updated.
(whoops, there were five updates since the last release, not just three)

Also updated version & date in the WP entry:

With the introduction of BAM and plug-n-play code (such as "FizX," "Dynamic Flippers" and "Shiva Flippers") that can easily be dropped in to table scripts, the general physics and flipper-specific physics have since been greatly improved.

Updated the WP entry as well, adding FizX to the list of physics upgrades.

As usual, please feel free to improve the wording or details.

What would be nice is that the setup window where there is terms would have in the background, behind a white layer with transparency; the bam logo. I still have kept the big size logo of bam many years ago, because it is my self that created and design the bam logo; just in case if Rafal would lost the logo ive created for him. So he can contact me and have it back.

I do hope in later bam 2 in 1 versions that he add the support file dinput8.dll file that i have put here and have writen to him about it; this to help for the pinball roller for future pinball.

😊👍

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: AnushDCosta is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back