So grateful!!

pawmaster117

Pinball Player
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
funhouse
Retired psychologist in my 60s. Loved pinball all my life. Due to covid and health reasons not able to go places to play. Virtual pinball has been the answer. It;s a thrill to play all the old machines from the past, what memories, and to experience all the new ones. I have been to the Southern Fried Expo several times with my daughter (a pinball wizard at 14) and realized part of loving pinball was liking the other people who loved pinball. A friendly, police, pleasant and personable group of people. I have so much appreciated for those who make all this possible, thank you thank you thank you.

@pawmaster117,
Upon closer inspection, you might just find that we can be a squabbling bag of egomaniac aholes all talking past each other, but I guess expo time is a particular time to be excited & friendly. Especially of the Southern USA variety. :-)

What kind of tables do you enjoy, and what's your playing setup like?

I have the atgames legend with VIBS backglass down in my garage/man cave. Previously played mostly on ps4. I enjoy the older Williams table mostly, the older the better. Tables where the scores in the thousands versus the multi millions are preferred (hard for my brain to think in that large amount). Been sprending more time on the retro Zaccaria tables on the legend than any of the newer selections.

I have the atgames legend with VIBS backglass down in my garage/man cave. Previously played mostly on ps4. I enjoy the older Williams table mostly, the older the better. Tables where the scores in the thousands versus the multi millions are preferred (hard for my brain to think in that large amount). Been sprending more time on the retro Zaccaria tables on the legend than any of the newer selections.
Right on man. :-)

Are you able to install FP & VP, because over the years we've (our scene has) converted a bunch of classic tables for folks such as yourself, in VP and FP. Visual Pinball & Future Pinball-BAM.

We do it all for free, but if I may venture to say--
what we're generally lacking in is useful feedback.

Tried PinupPopper but had hard time with getting it functional. I am visually impaired and having troubled seeing details (Like a 5 for a 6, or an 8 for an E), so I am sure I butchered the install. Having better luck with Pinball Emporium, even gotten several of the tables to work properly but still have some problems. Because of my vision I can't play cards or read easily but after playing a pinball table a few times I get the feel for it and have no difficulties playing that table. One reason I am really excited to find virtual pinball. You guys rock and I do appreciate all your efforts and do not feel worthy to make suggestions.....but I would love a way to brighten up some of the darker tables so I could play them better. I just cannot see the ones that are really dark. Again no complaints just thanks to the community for making life more fun for me.

On behalf of the community, you're quite welcome, sir, and sorry to hear about the vision stuff. As someone also with fairly poor eyesight, I can relate a bit.

I would love a way to brighten up some of the darker tables so I could play them better. I just cannot see the ones that are really dark.
Okay, it sounds to me like you're running frontends that use VPX to emulate the games in question.

But if you open a table directly in VPX, you can alter the lighting settings to your taste, then save the table. From then on can run it in your frontend of choice with the new lighting.

In the table's options settings, I've highlighted in cyan where you make that adjustment:

VPX night day cycle.jpg

On Future Pinball, you can make it brighter by opening the BAM menu and pressing the "Q" key. Press enter on the first option that says "Lights". Then arrow down to the place that says "Day" and then arrow right to find "Bright Day".

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back