Cover Girl (Keeney, 1947)

EM Recreation FP Cover Girl (Keeney, 1947) v1.0

No permission to download
Electro-Mechanical Machines
Future Pinball
Nice table very unusual but fun.

@FranciscoPozo,
Thanks for this one. Beautiful!

Since there was no screenshot attached to the resource text, I've added one. Also added a zoomed-in resource icon (i.e., thumbnail).

Also added a flyer image. Not the best quality, but...

Also improved the text a bit, since it was referring to some stuff that was only on the IPDB.

Nice table very unusual but fun.
It's fun and even kind of amazing to look through all the flippered tables and note how many variations were made before the industry eventually settled on the standard two-flipper-bottom arrangement.

I think that 'fishing around' period for flipper arrangements lasted ~five years, and this table represented the first wave.

One other thing I was looking for was video or text evidence for how the baton flipper worked at the bottom of the table. In this version, it swings in only one direction. I'm thinking that's probably authentic, but I wouldn't mind seeing a version in which in responded uniquely to both the R & L flipper buttons.

I could almost see a good modern game made out of a double-swinging baton flipper at the bottom of the table, sort of like some baddie's... watchamcallit.

Attachments

• DarthMaulSithProbeDroidOperativePack-art.jpg
    DarthMaulSithProbeDroidOperativePack-art.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 38
Thanks for your help and improvemnets. Also for your kind comments.

I tried the both sides movementes but this make the game too easy for winning replays and it looked a little weird.
I couldn't find a sample of a bottom flipper with those features, despite of searching and searching a lot.
If I could have one I would re-recreate the game.
Thanks a lot.
The game resulted more challenging and you can use the 7th flipper to your advantage if you handle it well.

Last edited:
interesting.

I've found this that suggests that it does rotate both ways

3744-3.jpg

Press the picture on this link then zoom it. You can definitely see the "triangle" on the left suggesting it rotates both sides.

@FranciscoPozo
If you allow me to mod this table to try custom physics I will try. But i'd like to have the bottom flipper working to both sides.

Last edited:
Press the picture on this link then zoom it. You can definitely see the "triangle" on the left suggesting it rotates both sides.
Ah wow, I hadn't noticed that. Nice.

I tried the both sides movementes but this make the game too easy for winning replays and it looked a little weird.
I think if you shorten the 7th flipper to it's authentic size, this will be less of an issue.

In the three different sets of pictures I'm seeing at the IPDB, the 7th flipper is almost half the size of what's currently represented in this FP version.

Hmm, but does that mean a custom flipper will be needed? Or can you just shrink the one you have a bit?

It would great! Thanks a lot. That is why I always say my tables are free to mod. It's the only way I could learn more.
I had no way to shorten the 7th flipper, no model like that in Future Pinball. And building one is out of my reach, beyond my knowledge.
Thanks again and I'll be waiting expectantly.

@FranciscoPozo,
Okay, this looks like the right method:

TerryRed said:
FP uses a modified milkshape format.

You need to use the FPM Editor tool here:
FPM Editor for Future Pinball 1.9 (pinsimdb.org)

...and then use that to export the model to milkshape, then use Milkshape to convert to FBX or OBJ to use in Blender.

I imagine it's a fairly simple job for someone who already has Milkshape and Blender set up and knows how to use them.

I don't know where FP model repositories are, but maybe the short model of the 'baton flipper' has already been created somewhere.

More things to research(!)

The table is using 2 flipper-t2 models.

Even I can do scaling in Milkshape so:
Screenshot 2021-11-24 144300.png

The table is using 2 flipper-t2 models.

Even I can do scaling in Milkshape so:
View attachment 22395
Does that mean you're most of the way there to generating the new model yourself?

I was (very foolishly) thinking of installing all these programs myself and having a go, but it would likely mean hours of screwing around to do something which someone with the right set up could probably pop out in a couple minutes.

I already had milkshape installed because o another table flippers ;) THAT took me a while.
Scaling is just a select all, select the axis you want to scale and that's it. That being written I realised just now, I made a mistake. I don't want to scale all the axis... just the X (length)... Precisely the reason why i hate working with images and 3D. I miss even the most basic stuff not to mention I really wasn't born for this.

That's still 2 flippers. I just done better ;)

Now I need some clever trick to make this 1 flipper rotate both sides...

Last edited:

@Gimli and @GeorgeH are some hella FP geniuses to my mind. Wonder what they might advise in this situation.

Hey fellas (if you see this)--

In your opinion, would it be simpler simulating the free-swinging 'baton flipper' (7th flipper at the bottom) via remodeling (MilkShape, Blender, Input/Output- argh, digital bureaucracy), or hacking it up by code as Anon's thinking, by way of two snub flippers?

I sure as heck know what I'd advise if we were talking "classic VP," speaking as a dang ol' VP caveman. :s :-D

@Gimli made zipper flippers once so maybe he might be able to figure something out for you. Unfortunately, I don''t know anything about it.

@Gimli made zipper flippers once so maybe he might be able to figure something out for you. Unfortunately, I don''t know anything about it.
Thank you, George.

Just to be clear-- this isn't a 'zipper flipper' case, where you have two snub-flippers that can jump in to close proximity when the player has accomplished a goal.

This is more like a special free-swinging 'baton flipper,' in which case it can rotate from a centre-point upon either axis. If that makes sense.

Thank you all for what you are doing. " Jimmy das Gummipferd " (1950, Mun-Ma) by Cyberyogi has a similar flipper that it looks like swinging both sides. It is in IRPinball.

I'll leave the flipper model in both fpm and ms3d formats. I thing it needs to be lowered though.

Attachments

• Flipper-T7.zip
    88.1 KB · Views: 31

I would use invisible flipper models underneath and make the model noncollidable

You're asking too much of me :D

I did that flipper because it was 2 commands in milkshape: duplicate, rotate. That's it.

You're asking too much of me :D

I did that flipper because it was 2 commands in milkshape: duplicate, rotate. That's it.
You are right it may work better to duplicate and have a left and right of your models and use mp code to alternate hiding the flipper oposite to the one being used

I will come up with demo

It would great! Thanks a lot. That is why I always say my tables are free to mod. It's the only way I could learn more.
I had no way to shorten the 7th flipper, no model like that in Future Pinball. And building one is out of my reach, beyond my knowledge.
Thanks again and I'll be waiting expectantly.
@AnonTet
@GeorgeH
@Isaac Sauvage

Is this what you want ?

Attachments

• FranciscoPozoFlip.fpt
    283.5 KB · Views: 35
That's how I think it should work, yes
Can I use this?

That's how I think it should work, yes
Can I use this?
Of course , I did it for you :-)

You will notice I reversed the right and left flippers ( check under LeftFlipper.SolenoidOn , LeftFlipper.SolenoidOff )

Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: keefus is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back