Help Need help looking for RandR's Fire!

Yeah it was hard to watch that video.
Was sad to see him in the state of mind he was in.

All good things come to an end. He shared a youtube video a few weeks prior to taking the site down, and he talked about having had no interest in playing his vpin in a long time. People burn out. It happens.

It wasn't just his VPin he hadn't played... but all his real pins as well (he had a great collection), and also his older BarTop Arcade cabinet. He's mentioned the same about his 3 stunning muscle cars too... didn't seem to do anything with them.

I think he was burnt out in general... not just about VPin. He just seems to be really busy with work all the time.

Oops, got side-tracked with stuff.

@djrobx,
I've absolutely no idea what the latest version of the table would be, nor if it's split in to more than one sub-version. Any idears there, matey?

If so, feel free to upload in to Resources.
If not, I guess I could upload the versions Charles attached earlier. What think...?

Also, if you have any favorites of your various table projects, we'd love to see some of them shared here, if that sounds good.

Honestly, at this point I don't think RandR will be coming back to the VP scene... so re-posting a table he posted should not be a big deal for the time being. If RandR has a problem with them being posted... then he can come on any of the forums to let us know. I think it's silly to just go on forever letting tables like this or MOTU / JAWS,etc on VPX go into oblivion if he isn't interested in the hobby anymore.

I think that DJRobX was a big contributor to that table as well, so maybe he could re-post it. Heck someone can just do a quick mod of tables like this and just repost it anyway.

As far as I know RandR was not against mods of tables he posted.
Thanks for leav
Instead of mystery pixel, how about I add JP's Lut script?
You can darken the table and it looks great!!
Here is table with lut script added..toggled by holding down left magna-save, and pressing right magna-save
Fire! (Williams 1987) v2.1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqikzpowtwu4bo8/Fire! (Williams 1987) 2.1.zip?dl=0
And a couple pics showing it with darker lut.
Awesome Thanks!

Thank for sharing, great game! :)

Did you ever find the exact ones?

version 2

uw rand and jr
Anyway you could re-post the links from a working source?? I know I'm late finding-out about this,but the only files I have of Fire! are from the beginning of VP & some VP9 table that has the ball ALWAYS getting stuck in any of the Kickers. And,I'm not sure how to fix it. So,I basically have a Kicker-less 1(that's why the earliest Fire! table actually doesn't have this problem) & 1 where the kickers end the game completely if hit...

Btw-If you don't read my "about me" page,I fixed the capture holes w/ a method that doesn't seem to relate to how to fix defective kickers. That's why I need these different files,that I assume have working kickers...

Anyway you could re-post the links from a working source?? I know I'm late finding-out about this,but the only files I have of Fire! are from the beginning of VP & some VP9 table that has the ball ALWAYS getting stuck in any of the Kickers. And,I'm not sure how to fix it. So,I basically have a Kicker-less 1(that's why the earliest Fire! table actually doesn't have this problem) & 1 where the kickers end the game completely if hit...

Btw-If you don't read my "about me" page,I fixed the capture holes w/ a method that doesn't seem to relate to how to fix defective kickers. That's why I need these different files,that I assume have working kickers...
Try here...

And here for the FSS version...

Thanks for posting new links! The others were no longer active/working...

Although,I had thought RandR's files were older & not from VPX. I guess I was thinking of different files. But,I still appreciate these files. As,any files of "Fire!" are of importance,to me. Mostly,due to the reasons I described earlier. Yet,I wish someone would somehow have "fixed" files of the old VP8-VP9-aged files(not counting the "Night Mod" table that VPForums has). I mean,surely someone had posted working files before the Night Mod table. Or,I would've seen more ppl complaining that "Fire!" lacks a working Table File...

Anyway,Thanks again! :)

@1st2MprovFIRE!

Does any of these interest you?
1706709129307.png

I'm uploading all in a .zip and I'll share the link as soon as possible. Keep an eye on this thread (i'd say post but i'm not sure for how long I can edit it)

@1st2MprovFIRE!

Does any of these interest you?
View attachment 41091
Sorry,I was confused. I was actually looking for some VERY old Fire! files from VP8 or early VP9. Which,don't seem to exist,anymore... Besides that,I managed to fix the files that were un-playble,to me. So,everything is better now...

Thanks for offering,tho... :)

No problem.
Only vp8 I've found has this name: Fire! (Williams)(1987)(Destruk, LuvThatApex, AJ)(1.0)[VP8]

Here.
Xenonph, feel free to move to archives

Attachments

• Fire! (Williams 1987) v2.0R2.6-[D&N][FSS][FF][SS][CCX-PGI][SHD][10.6].vpx
    109.3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
No problem.
Only vp8 I've found has this name: Fire! (Williams)(1987)(Destruk, LuvThatApex, AJ)(1.0)[VP8]
Actually,I was looking for a file that doesn't seem to exist anymore. I believe I already have the 1 you're naming. I also have a newer,more correct 1(it still has errors). Which,is still around. I will attach them,in case anyone wants to see what I'm talking about,or something...

I mean,maybe someone from long-ago,will have familiarity w/ these & recall the one missing(there was a 3rd,at 1 time)...

Attachments

• Fire! (Williams) (1987) (VPMXtreme) (1.0).vpt
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Fire!.vpt
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Poor Man's Pinball Podcast has posted a new reply in the thread "Poor Man's Pinball Podcast".
      Back