WIP Recreation Tutorial Help BAM FP Schuss (Rally 1968) "Slingshot and Bumpers mode"

Future Pinball
Go for italian version:
- bumper unlit score 1 point, lit 10 point. Red bumper is always lit and scores 100,
- left bumper, right slingshot and upper right lane are lit-unlit together
right bumper, left slingshot and upper left lane are lit-unlit together
When left bumper, ... are lit right bumper, ... are unlit
Every single point, you toggle the lights (left bumper, ... are unlit, right bumer, ... are lit)
- pop-up saver is on (up) when you hit target 3 or 4, is off (down) when you hit one of the two start triggers near red bumper
- when you hit a target, you lit the corresponding light and the lane with the same number, you lit one of the five lights in the middle (don't ask me wich). When you have hit the 4 targets (in any order), the 5th light is lit (and maybe SHOOT AGAIN light).
- when you have hitted the 4 targets, each time you hit a target, you win (adjustable) 1 to 4 extra ball, or 1 to 4 000 points. When you win extra ball, you update the lights on the backglass: see Italian/French BG near EXTRA BALL you have 0 1 2 3 4 5 -> number of replayable balls
- Now concerning the upper center lane, the left and right outlanes (above, I just speak for these lights)
Consider you have a variable named X. Each time you add 1 or 10 points, you add 1 to X and if X > 4 then X =1. So:
- X = 1: only the upper center lane light is lit
- X = 2: nothing is lit
- X = 3: only the left outlane is lit
- X = 4: only the right outlane is lit

Last edited:
here, how difficult a simple table can become.......
then the playfield I have (the one made by JPsalas) is not the Italian version...or what is described here does not make sense
View attachment 23790
It's not an italian or a french playfield, it's just the only playfield.
The two star triggers lit the one target and down the pop up

Ok,JP @Popotte
Thank you very much for your time, and thank your friends too, I will try to do my best for to be more faithful to the real table "even if I understand almost nothing" about the rules that you explained to me,but it's my fault not yours.
I take a break, and when I finish it, it will be posted in the usual place.

Thank you all!
regards

Last edited:
It's not your fault. Some french guys became crazy when restoring their Schuss.
If you want, send me a mail and we'll discuss the rules but one by one, not all at once.
For your information, playfield is the same but rules (and reverse backglass) at not the same.
Do you know an italian guy who can read (better than me) a schematic (that I have)?

Haha, just curious if you have a story?

Also, a question, JP--
It seems like these Rally tables put a huge load on some of the plastic pieces, like those dynamic bumpers, etc. Meaning, the way they react so strongly, as well as the ball hits, you know?

Would this mean specially-engineered plastics for Rally games, or maybe just lots more broken pieces to be replaced on a regular basis?

Ok,I am investigating to solve this mystery, in the JPsalas release, I noticed this comment
View attachment 23731

So I looked for this table, and there it is

The rubber seem (I can't see well) to have no "slingshot" and "single leaf",but they have a monstrous rebound elasticity.....
it's incredible.... look at what happens at 2:49, it's amazing this thing:woohoo:

EDIT:

I can't say I have ever seen a table with physics like this. The ball seems to move slowly. But when it hits a rubber or bumper, the ball seems to almost fly.

Haha, just curious if you have a story?

Also, a question, JP--
It seems like these Rally tables put a huge load on some of the plastic pieces, like those dynamic bumpers, etc. Meaning, the way they react so strongly, as well as the ball hits, you know?

Would this mean specially-engineered plastics for Rally games, or maybe just lots more broken pieces to be replaced on a regular basis?
If my old memory is good, plastic for bumpers and sling is soft, so no problem with that.

Well, they are two different things, creating a virtual, and restoring a real.
If you want, send me a mail and we'll discuss the rules but one by one, not all at once.
For your information, playfield is the same but rules (and reverse backglass) at not the same.
I don't think JP is needed, but thanks.......I finished the table.
In fact, if the playfield is the same for all versions, then in my opinion these versions have changed the rules to their liking, and neglected the elements written in the playfield, which are very easy to understand.

let's remember that real pinball machines are only built to make money.

I will show a video soon.

Rally is known to have obscure rules unreadable on the PF (even for his non Fliptronic pinballs).

Rally is known to have obscure rules unreadable on the PF
Yeah, and for this table, he also forgot a few things, like the pop-up on / off.

anyway with regard to the two green / orange bumpers, looking closely at the lights (the color) of the two slingshots, it is as you wrote (did your friends say?)..... in fact it encoded it, as you said it, except the lane .... .I always think that it is based on the versions .... what I think is that the lanes are affected by the targets that have the same color as the lanes

Hello,
what you show are not slingshots but rubbers.
The slingshots are on each side of the flippers.
Problems with these tables (and all Rally's table from Rally Girl - Fliptronic serie) are:
- Nixies
- Slingshots
- Bumpers
I recreated the bumpers in VP about 10-12 years ago using flippers when I started recreating Rally Girl. It was never completely finished after I suffered a heart attack. I will see if I can find the table and post it as it is almost complete except that the random target lighting sequence is incorrect.

I recreated the bumpers in VP about 10-12 years ago using flippers when I started recreating Rally Girl
Hi @Bendigo
may I ask if you have seen my two videos? do you think they are in the norm? I am referring to the bumpers and slingshot

if you made Rally Girl(fantastic, can't wait to see it), and then publish it, would you give me permission to use your graphics, to reproduce this table in FP?

AnonTet said:
Regarding you in particular @Paolo I hope you stay with us, keep having fun creating tables even if you keep them to yourself. But I would also like to ask to release the tables one day because it would be a real waste of talent thrown out the window and that would be even worse.
Yes,of course, as long as I can hang around, I'm around!
This is a hobby, my hobby, but sometimes this hobby takes you/prural too much and drags you/prural where you/prural shouldn't go.
I keep creating tables as long as I can (with my current skills), sometimes the desire goes away, but it always ends up coming back

I recently posted this Post-Time ,and I have not published Hustler (LTD do Brasil 1980)...for the simple fact that there are still two of my tables here.

As for DL, well and another story, maybe one day I publish it too, but I have to overcome the thought that it goes into the hands of the guy stealing tables,which pisses me off a lot.

@AnonTet @xenonph @Popotte @Gin @madmrmax
Here my video of Schuss, based on my vision of the game.

PS; Sorry if there is any slowdown;)

Last edited:
Looking good Paolo. Somehow I see a mod of that table in "neon" on a black playfield too ;)

Regarding Post-Time and others, I've seen it as I check that place regularly but struggling with space means I'm not downloading "just because". Being biased towards pool theme Hustlers has a certain appeal though and will probably download as soon as I see it published :)

Regarding DL, I just have to wait. Until then, there's the VPX version.

@Popotte
JP.....your silence, it saddens me a little;) your opinion would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:
@Paolo

I have this error when I click the link

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I have this error when I click the link
but do you see the animated GIF?

Edit:
is just an animated gif, it has nothing to do with the table
but it doesn't work, I uploaded a gif, in my content, and I wanted it not to be published "in media", and therefore to be visible to everyone, but only mine in private ... and to do it I uploaded it as an album, where I can put " only the owner "to create a link (url) to be able to load in a post .... but apparently you can't see it right?

Last edited:
Yes, I can't see it. It seems to be set as private. I never used the function so I don't know how to help you.

Yes, I can't see it. It seems to be set as private. I never used the function so I don't know how to help you.
I assumed it!!
apparently to be visible, I would have to upload it in "media" and since it is a gif, which has nothing to do with pinball, I don't want it to be visible ..... but only to have the possibility of being able to upload it in my posts. ..... it all stems from the fact that I need a (url) so I should upload the gif to an external site, but I don't want to

in practice it is like the gif of popotte, which surely to have a "url" uploaded to some external site

I just have to eliminate it

@AnonTet
is just a test, then I delete it

ok, I only entered you who can see it, tell me if it works ... I know it might make you laugh......but it has great significance
View media item 8926

Yep, I see it :)

@Popotte
JP.....your silence, it saddens me a little;) your opinion would be greatly appreciated!!
My silence is due to a like of time (and it will be worst the next two weeks).
Just a few remarks:
- slingshots and bumpers are well rendered,
- Game over is not here on the backglass, see -> Backglass
- why do you put slinshots on the single leaf rubbers? Just make them more boucing with the XML.
- slingshots and bumpers are not flat, see -> Not flat

My silence is due to a like of time (and it will be worst the next two weeks).
Just a few remarks:
- slingshots and bumpers are well rendered,
- Game over is not here on the backglass, see -> Backglass
- why do you put slinshots on the single leaf rubbers? Just make them more boucing with the XML.
- slingshots and bumpers are not flat, see -> Not flat
mmmmmm....:bonk:I have to think (reflect ), but I will answer you!!;)

New update....Magnetic Bumper!!

Okay, if I could go back, I'd study to be a math professor.....In fact, the mathematics here...is the hostess.

View attachment magnetic bumper.mp4

It would seem something easy and simple to do .... but in reality nothing is easy, even a simple movement you see in the video.
The movement is 360 °, meaning that wherever you hit the bumper, he will react accordingly by rejecting the ball.
The elements (functions of bam) combined together are some, including; the magic code of the ball, invisible bumper, disk model in mini-playfield, and a lot of math used in xBAM.Ball.Position and xBAM.Ball.Velocity.

Obviously it is not my own flour, but of the great master @Gimli aka (Bob).....again a big thank you!!!:hail:

PS: if i forgot something please, i invite you to enter the rest!!

Paolo ,I sent an updated demo with 5 bumpers in action

Cheers

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Isaac Sauvage has posted a new reply in the thread "How to Install Addressable LEDs".
      Back