WIP Recreation Tutorial Help BAM FP Schuss (Rally 1968) "Slingshot and Bumpers mode"

Future Pinball
Ok,probably maybe in the video above, you/plural can't understand the movement of the disc(bumper) well, and I forgot to explain what kind of movement it does ..... but that disc does two actions: 1) it moves in the opposite direction from where is hit, then moves it to 360 ° ... maybe it's not clear?.... 2) pushes the ball back,like bumper.
I understand that all this is not comparable in what you see in tables like "sonic mania" but I assure you/plural that there is a lot of mathematics behind it, even in a simple movement like that..I only set, the slower disk, response timer, maybe this make confused..

Ok having said that, this table has the peculiarity that uses only one ball, no kicker or drain, so for me it is the first time that I encode something like that, but I managed to do it.

In the meantime I have fixed the part of the "plunger-line",here a video

View attachment plunger.mode.mp4

@Popotte
I have integrated the way up to 4 extra balls(this too, first time for me).....So I assume that if win 2 extra or 3 or 4 balls, when I lose one, the "Shoot Again" light stays on, right?

As for the BG, I have this,
Future Pinball 2022-02-23 16-44-05-65.jpg

Which I assembled from the vpx version, I did not find anything around (internet), like the ones you entered HERE (by the way the photos are backwards).
I don't have, in red circles.....in a green circle, it is not clear, are the number of balls, or extra, or I don't know what it is.only the tilt is clear to me.
Cattura5555.JPG

So I ask you if I send you this BG, which I have, you would put what is missing?

Paolo ,I sent an updated demo with 5 bumpers in action

Cheers
Thanks Bob,I will watch it!

Last edited:
Concerning the backglass, have a look Here.
Extra ball and 0, 1, 2, ..., 5. Extra ball always lit if you have choosen to win Extra Ball (and not points). You can win at a time from 1 to 4 extra balls (adjustable) or from 1000 to 4000 points (adjustable too). You can win a maximum of 5 extra balls.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the left side: it's just ball in play.
And now, the mysterious 1, 5, 3: I really don't know the meaning and it's not on the freanch backglass.

Concerning the backglass, have a look Here.
Yes I've seen them, and they are drawn on the BG, so they should be drawn, could you do that?
ah, so up to 5,ok.
1-3-5...maybe it's the extraball win mode.

Cattura88.JPG

the tilt is clear, but the orange part?

are you willing to draw, what is missing?

No problem, Paolo. And maybe I have a better BG than your's.

Last edited:
I'm redrawing (just the beginning) the back glass. For the moment, it's like that

Schuss_Paolo.jpg

If your backglass is better, just tell me and I'll stop the redraw.

And I think we could build some Nixies with that

IN-14-FINE-GRID-GETTER-RING.gif

I'll search for better pics...

If your backglass is better, just tell me and I'll stop the redraw.
Maybe yes, but I'll let you decide!
I'm sending you what I have.

And I think we could build some Nixies with that
I don't know what it is ... new DispSeg? a new way to score points?
what do you mean by build, do you mean a 3d model? an overlay?

No, just an images list and some script esay to do.

Ok,JP....send me a demo with this system

Just DL Flipper Clown. See on the BG (layer 7) HS1, ..., HS5.
Go to ImageList manager and have a look at HS1, ..., HS5.
Now, go into the script and search Sub SetHS. Here, it's for high score, but you can do the same thing with nvScore1.

So if you can find the pictures of this Nixies, your plan is to take out the Dispseg, and enter your overlay based system?
but in the real table there is this system Nixies?

Yes Sir (Nixies).

ok...the code is this? or is there anything else to added?

Sub SetHS()
HS1.Frame 11: If nvHighScore1 > 9999 Then HS1.Frame (Int(Right(CStr(Int(nvHighScore1 /10000)), 1)) +1)
HS2.Frame 11: If nvHighScore1 > 999 Then HS2.Frame (Int(Right(CStr(Int(nvHighScore1 /1000)), 1)) +1)
HS3.Frame 11: If nvHighScore1 > 99 Then HS3.Frame (Int(Right(CStr(Int(nvHighScore1 /100)), 1)) +1)
HS4.Frame 11: If nvHighScore1 > 9 Then HS4.Frame (Int(Right(CStr(Int(nvHighScore1/ 10)), 1)) +1)
HS5.Frame (Int(Right(CStr(nvHighScore1), 1)) +1)
End Sub

so replacing "nvHighScore1" with "nvScore" I get a new "scoremode Nixies"based on overlay.
but there is a problem, I have 6 digital(do not ask me why), should I do this?

Sub SetNixies()
SN1.Frame 11: If nvScore > 99999 Then SN1.Frame (Int(Right(CStr(Int(nvScore /100000)), 1)) +1)
SN2.Frame 11: If nvScore > 9999 Then SN2.Frame (Int(Right(CStr(Int(nvScore /10000)), 1)) +1)
SN3.Frame 11: If nvScore > 999 Then SN3.Frame (Int(Right(CStr(Int(nvnvScore /1000)), 1)) +1)
SN4.Frame 11: If nvScore > 99 Then SN4.Frame (Int(Right(CStr(Int(nvScore /100)), 1)) +1)
SN5.Frame 11: If nvScore > 9 Then SN5.Frame (Int(Right(CStr(Int(nvScore/ 10)), 1)) +1)
SN6.Frame (Int(Right(CStr(nvScore), 1)) +1)
End Sub

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back