B. Pinball FX2 VR
C. VPX VR
D. BAM openVR for Future pinball

Answer: D: BAM openVR for Future pinball

2. Which Future Pinball tables work completely in BAM openVR

Answer: All of them

3. Which VR systems will run BAM open VR

Answer: All of them

4. Which next level highly advanced VR System does Gimli use ?
is it Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Sony Vr ?

Answer: He uses his phone

If you have next level VR system please learn how to run BAM VR. You won't be disappointed.

I have Samsung s7 and Gear VR on a 5 G connection
And I use Virtual desktop to connect to my Gaming Computer Running BAM VR.
And I can run BAM at full settings, wirelessly from any room in my house at 60 fps.

BAM Open VR is discussed here:

Last edited:
Ah, check out the huge amount of bias coming from this "Gimli" dude!

Like... the authentic beard, the dangerous, free-swinging axe... but also, the intrinsic loyalty to a certain "Thorin Oakenshield."

What's UP with all that, Gimli...?

You are going to have to toss me , but don't tell Legolas :cool:

Last edited:
Can someone help a noob? I installed future pinball and BAM-openvr.

Problem 1 - when I launch FPLoader, help/about says version 1.9.1.20091231.
Isn't there a 1.9.1.2010 version, or is the screen just wrong?

Question 2- What's the trick to making the tables work? So far, I downloaded a few & none of them work.

When I try to launch any table, I get a script error. The most common are:

Variable is Undefined: LogDebugTextToDisk https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/resources/junkyard-cats-original-bam-edition-pinevent-v2.6221/
Variable is Undefined: Flasher_BeaconExt https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/t...ent-v2-original-2022.21379/page-3#post-136118
Variable is Undefined: nvBallsPerGame https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/resources/rain-2-0-special-edition.5491/

Tried reinstalling both several times, even wiped the PC with no luck.

Windows 11 21H2, RTX3080, Oculus Rift S

Can someone help a noob? I installed future pinball and BAM-openvr.

Problem 1 - when I launch FPLoader, help/about says version 1.9.1.20091231.
Isn't there a 1.9.1.2010 version, or is the screen just wrong?

Question 2- What's the trick to making the tables work? So far, I downloaded a few & none of them work.

When I try to launch any table, I get a script error. The most common are:

Variable is Undefined: LogDebugTextToDisk https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/resources/junkyard-cats-original-bam-edition-pinevent-v2.6221/
Variable is Undefined: Flasher_BeaconExt https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/t...ent-v2-original-2022.21379/page-3#post-136118
Variable is Undefined: nvBallsPerGame https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/resources/rain-2-0-special-edition.5491/

You need to be familiar with how FP and BAM works. You need to use the correct setting I show in this first post, and you need to be running FPLoader.exe (BAM), not FuturePinball.exe (don't trust preinstalled icons or menus).

The first post here has all the info for you in regards to FP in VR.

You need to be familiar with how FP and BAM works. You need to use the correct setting I show in this first post, and you need to be running FPLoader.exe (BAM), not FuturePinball.exe (don't trust preinstalled icons or menus).

The first post here has all the info for you in regards to FP in VR.

Ok. I am already running fploader.exe. The page you referenced seems to be about tweaking video settings. At this point, I am trying to get ANY table to run. The demo tables work fine, so I'm guessing that there are some undocumented add-ons that I need to run the tables from this site.

I get the same script errors if I run "Future Pinball.exe" and try to play a table.

Do lots of tables require specific versions of FP?

Last edited:
Ok. I am already running fploader.exe. The page you referenced seems to be about tweaking video settings. At this point, I am trying to get ANY table to run. The demo tables work fine, so I'm guessing that there are some undocumented add-ons that I need to run the tables from this site.

It's not "tweaking" video settings... it settings you MUST use, as many tables won't run correctly unless you do.

Also, be sure you are correctly installing the table and any files it needs like Library files, etc.

Any PinEvent table also include install instructions (with all the links and info for stuff you need) that you should be reading. Be sure you have the latest Visual C++ updates installed (needed for BAM). Be sure you have the "newest" version of BAM installed. You may need to run FPLoader.exe as Admin at least once (but then set to NOT Run as Admin afterward), and it needs to be set to Windows 8 compatibility.

Don't skip that stuff. It's needed.

Thanks! Running once as administrator was the fix. None of the tables with "Pinevent V2" in their name will play in VR. They just play on the monitor. I'm assuming that only a few of the tables will work in BAM?

Thanks! Running once as administrator was the fix. None of the tables with "Pinevent V2" in their name will play in VR. They just play on the monitor. I'm assuming that only a few of the tables will work in BAM?

All FP tables work in VR. There is no difference.

Delete all files in the BAM Open VR\CFG folder for the tables that don't work... and try again.

If still having problems... read the FAQ and follow everything on my VR Guide page I linked above.

Ok here's hoping ! I posted a version of Rat Race that includes the new VR functions that rotate the games room
You need BAM Version 348 or newer

Last edited:
One thing I have discovered while working on my Star Wars DSA update... is that the limit of rendering boundaries in the FP "room" is approximately 10,000 mm by 10,000 mm. Models will start to get clipped once they move past that.

Not normally an issue, as pinball items are small.... but the update I'm doing has a lot of rather... big... things added to it. :)

I hope to have a teaser video soon.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: MMITG is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back