Solid State Machines

Rusty

Pinball Player
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Space Invaders
HELP @pinballdaveh

SLINGSHOT BUMPER IS VERY WEAK ON RIGHT SIDE OF WILLIAMS FLASH PINBALL MACHINE AND NOTICED CAPACITOR IS NOT CONNECTED ON ONE END.
READING ON CAPACITOR IS
ITT TAX
22/16 +
K2 K
W=GERM

NOT SURE WHAT CAPACITOR NEEDED TO REPLACE THIS.
YOU TUBE VIDEO IS SAYING ITS A 22MF 16 VOLT CAPACITOR BUT WANT TO BE SURE THIS IS CORRECT.
LOOKED THROUGH THE FLASH MANUALS AND NOT SEEING SPECS FOR THE SLINGSHOT BUMPER ASSEMBLY.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!

Solution
Capacitor and Resistor are definitely connected to the switch. Hard to see in picture but disconnected capacitor is blue. I did the same thing reviewing all info on pinball database and no info on this. I also did some research on capacitors and tried to understand markings. Apparently markings on capacitors in last 40 years have changed as 22/16 + is not one of the newer markings on capacitors. I will go with 22UF 16V CAPACITOR and update the thread if weak slingshot is fixed. Thanks for looking into this also!
The schematics of firepower show 22MF electrolytic capacitors ( because they show polarity) with the positive end connected to the 100 ohm resistor. The switch matrix will use 12 volts at most , so a 16 volt rating is fine.
CAN I USE A 22UF 16V CAPACITOR FOR SLINGSHOT? DO YOU RECOMMEND GOING WITH EVEN HIGHER VOLTAGE?

CAN I USE A 22UF 16V CAPACITOR FOR SLINGSHOT? DO YOU RECOMMEND GOING WITH EVEN HIGHER VOLTAGE?
Is the capacitor originally connected to the coil or the slingshot switch?
I can’t find the schematic on pinball database to double check.
Usually when a capacitor size is mentioned is best to go at that farad and voltage rating or slightly higher, not lower.

Capacitor and Resistor are definitely connected to the switch. Hard to see in picture but disconnected capacitor is blue. I did the same thing reviewing all info on pinball database and no info on this. I also did some research on capacitors and tried to understand markings. Apparently markings on capacitors in last 40 years have changed as 22/16 + is not one of the newer markings on capacitors. I will go with 22UF 16V CAPACITOR and update the thread if weak slingshot is fixed. Thanks for looking into this also!

Attachments

• IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 3
The schematics of firepower show 22MF electrolytic capacitors ( because they show polarity) with the positive end connected to the 100 ohm resistor. The switch matrix will use 12 volts at most , so a 16 volt rating is fine.

Solution
I replaced Williams Flash slingshot capacitor with 22UF 16V CAPACITOR and it works like new again! Thanks for your help!!!!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: blackspatular is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back