Cirqus Voltaire (Bally, 1997) VP8

VP8 Bally SS Recreation My new version 3.0 of Cirqus Voltaire is here! v3.0 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

scapino

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
Get it right here at Pinball Nirvana, or on my site,
http://www.scapinosvpins.com
or at AJ's, eventually.

ScapinosCirqusVoltaireVPMv3_0Shot.jpg

Third Release v3.0

This newly updated version is brighter, re-coded for more speed, and has adjustable neon colors. You can also get rid of the menagerie ball, which also speeds things up.

It has been tested with both ultrapin and vp physics. It seems to work better with the VP Physics. With Ultrapin, sometimes the ball gets flung back down the ramp from the magnet on top, as the ball has more mass in UP Physics.

If you prefer UP Physics, you can probably adjust the strength of the magnets in the code, should you feel so inclined. The ball works as it should on a normal speed hit.

Thanks to PacDude for the idea of combining the regular plunger, and the incremental plunger into one. Now, if you want you can just use the return key as a normal VP plunger, or if you are so inclined, you can dial in a strength with the up and down keys, before you press return to launch. You can do this at any time, no menu adjustment needed.

Enjoy!

Kurt

Thanks Scapino! This version does play a little better on my low-end PC. I also no longer have the messed up graphics on the left side of the table.

Thanks for the positive feedback, George! :)

Kurt

This is a heck of an awesome table! The artwork and realism is just over the top!

I'm still getting lots of stuttering at certain points -- hard to quantify, but it seems related to lighting. I remember previous versions allowed me to turn some of the blinking off, which made the gameplay significantly smoother -- is that still there?

Mostly playable on a Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 GHZ & 9750 GX2. :rockon:

Thanks, catkins!

Unfortunatly, I didnt include a way to turn off the GI in this version. I think I will put back in when I release a "bug fix" update in the next few weeks.

The real problem is no one knows what causes the stuttering. Some people with slow machines and videos cards are reporting it runs smooth, and some people with really high end equipment report stuttering.

I think it has something to do with video drivers, DX versions, and VP.

Kurt

This is a heck of an awesome table! The artwork and realism is just over the top!

I'm still getting lots of stuttering at certain points -- hard to quantify, but it seems related to lighting. I remember previous versions allowed me to turn some of the blinking off, which made the gameplay significantly smoother -- is that still there?

Mostly playable on a Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 GHZ & 9750 GX2. :rockon:

On my Pentium D dual core, it's playable for the most part. The most stuttering comes when you're attacking the Ringmaster, the Mengerine ball, and especially the Kaboom Balloon. The FPS actually bounces around between 300, 50, and 180 or so in the Ringmaster sequences.

But I've just learned to live with it and enjoy the table. ^_^

Shiva's original table Trigon seems pretty heavy in the GI, but I've never had a problem with it. Maybe because it doesn't have Pinmame hogging resources..

I'd say it's most definately GI related, as even Pacdudes "Attack from Mars" causes slowdown when the lights blink on and off.

I think it has something to do with video drivers, DX versions, and VP.

Kurt

Someone needs to do a test with this table with DX7 or 8 and DX9.

I think if you use DX9, you will get stuttering. If DX8 or 7, then no stuttering.

Just a theory at this point until proven otherwise.

Someone needs to do a test with this table with DX7 or 8 and DX9.

I think if you use DX9, you will get stuttering. If DX8 or 7, then no stuttering.

Just a theory at this point until proven otherwise.

No theory. Proven fact a long time ago.

DX 7 or 8 is better since reel support has been removed in 9, IIRC.

The McD

Don't think so.

The McD

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: AnushDCosta is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back