Pinball Collection

don't know what torrent is but

the link is no good anyways

um, the torrent site is down

I just tried for the heck to see what they offer, and I can't find it anywhere with any search engines. their front page said that possibly people complained, that's why it's down... oh well...

:rolleyes2: faralos, if you're not going to bother attempting to help yourself, let alone use the known good information with multiple reference guides that you've been personally given very recently; why should anyone feel the least compulsion to help you? :roll:

He's right you know. You have to have an aptitude for it. You have to just jump in and do all you can figure out and ask for help for what you can't. We can not bestow this upon you.

Not that it's any of your business, but earlier today I sent faralos a long, extensive, detailed PM. If he bothered to act upon that information it would negate almost any reason he would have had to complain that that he could not find the torrent in JPH's 1st post. In other words let me make it unmistakenly obvious to even you; I already have bestowed the information that you're referencing.

My post had nothing to do with that torrent, but with his wanting to learn how to make a VP table. I have given him guidance recently as well. Not that it is any of your business.

Last edited:
Thank you shockman

I have a few manuals on how to create a table, thank you. as for the torrent, I don't understand what a 'torrent' is no-one will explain it, but they will put me down because I said that I didn't understand what it was but that I thought it was a file-sharing site, like napster-lite. a friend of mine got his computer wiped from a hacker online there last year, hence my hesitation. But the link is broken anyways, the site says their site is down due to complaints. I am just restating what the site does indeed say. I am not putting anyone down.
As to my learning VP, it's rough, I am so lost when it comes to scripting, but yet everyone I contact, treats me like either I am an idiot, or I am purposely insulting them just because I don't understand the 'lingo' or the tech manuals.
Like how can I build plastics not walls! I want a plastic that goes over a post, in fact where are 'posts' or wire guides? these are the things that FP has that I just can't find in VP. it's stupid little things like this that have me hunting on here, and asking all these assinine questions!
Sorry for the long post, I just had to clear the air...

First, bookmark the site known as Wikipedia....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Then use it to learn just about anything.... Search for BitTorrent (protocol)

I download all kinds of stuff using a torrent client. It is stealing. It is illegal. Your chances of getting viruses and worms are high for a nontech person. Unless you are very familiar with computers, you should stay away from them.

You don't need to download every table right away, most of them suck anyway. Start by getting the new and updated tables and slowly work yourself into the hobby. Play the damn things, don't collect them, find authors that you like and look for their tables. Make it a slow and enjoyable process, it's not a race, we aren't going anywhere.

VP and FP are very different....

FP has fully modeled 3-D models that you click on and drop on the table and they look great and pretty much work right out of the box. Paint by number stuff. The table physics suck so bad that many of us would rather mow the lawn than play FP.

VP has basic objects and walls that you have to use to build everything yourself. It takes a true artist to build a nice VP table, no kid stuff here. You can actually do anything with VP, you can adjust everything, you can become so addicted to working with it, you'll need to buy a goat to keep your grass mowed.

Last edited:
faralos, check your PMs. The website that I PMed you is not down, I just checked it right now, it may look like it if your not registered first. In the approximately 4 years I've been a member; I have never heard of anyone getting viruses, spy/adware, or hacked due to downloads from that site. Not just anyone can upload torrents to it, one needs to earn Uploader status. If Bob has any other personal reasons from discouraging others from using the tracker site, he should be more explicit about it. PM me and I will attempt to get your e-mail address problem resolved. Have you read the guides that I sent you links in my original PM?

Glad I can help, faralos, and I can help a lot more. Just ask.
Plastics are walls. Shape them any way you want then set the bottom of the wall at least 45, for the ball to have room to go under. 50 for bottom and 55 for the top for example. Get you a nice layout, something that is all yours, and we can help with the mechanics of that, and I guarantee you we can get it scripted to do what you want.
I don't know what's in the torrent, but anything as secret as that seems to be is certainly not needed.

If Bob has any other personal reasons from discouraging others from using the tracker site, he should be more explicit about it.

Val, I'm not talking about any particular site.... If you start searching for cracked software or unlock keys, you will eventually run into viruses. P2P file sharing is fantastic, but people with little computer knowledge should avoid all that stuff like the plague. This is only my opinion and you are entitled to yours....

I'm running Vuze as I speak downloading Paul Revere & The Raider's Kicks, I have it on vinyl.

No one needs all those outdated VP tables anyway, I can understand them wanting a set of ROMs, but it's still pretty damn easy to get them as you need them.

duh, I should have thought of that

The walls I mean, it makes sense, now, to make a wall w/ a vertical ht of a little would essentially make it a shelf, I understand now. Cool! is there a way to make it translucent, and I know this is pushing it, but is there a free graphix program that I could load the actual table into to 'draw' or 'paint' from an art program right onto the table? or better yet to be able to draw onto the 'plastics' smaller artwork? The decal process is limited, for me anyway. I can't get my piks to look right on a decal, it would be easier to just draw it onto the actual playfield then get a decal around it with a light under. I always wondered about the fantastic artwork on the fields, are they drawn?

Do your layout then select Export/blueprint from the file menu then you can color that in and map it with graphics, anything, and with any graphics program you like. Translucent? no, not really here, but there are ways around that.
Drawing your own playfields on your originals is special, and you will find that, but more commonly you will see clip art gathered and pasted in.

Free graphics programs, oh yeah. Paint comes with windows, Gimp is advanced, inkscape in vector style, plus hundreds, if not thousands more on the net. It's well worth the search and trying and dumping some if you need one.

Bob is right. At a point after you start working with it, and stick with it, something is going to click, and you are going to know that you can can do a lot of the things you are imagining, and it is not all study every step of the way, you will find it addicting like he said, and relaxing, creative, and rewarding. We have seen unique things come in members first tables. There is much more to the program than meets the eye, and I think everybody that works with it brings something unique and wonderful.

Last edited:
Decals are great. They are different though. If the graphic is level with the playfield and a flat picture, like a decal really is then you can use the blueprint as a guide to placement, or jusp paste them into the editor and size and move them. However if your decal is to be used to render a 3D object having height, you need to use a screen dump of the table as rendered as the guide and use distorted dimensions in the editor. For beginning though, using the decal feature for decals, it's very simple. I think using a graphics program in about the same resolution you are going to be rendering your table might help. Here transparency works great showing the wall under it where your decal has the transparent color. Decals can be set on a wall or float in the air by being set to a surface above the playfield. The ball will appear to roll over a decal even if it is higher than the ball, but again, there are ways around that as well. Decals are great for light labels for example, as the light will shine through the transparent color. With Decals the transparent color does not render as a color, it renders invisible. Any element of VP being simi transparent is done only by using tricks.

Again Bob comes up. I don't think you will find better tables to learn from. The pot licker makes simple tables using simple code that are very realistic.

Last edited:
one niggling thing about decals, though

When I paste it down, my image is all distorted and blurry what should be my pixel count be for a decal? I've read that ball images should be 64x64, spinners are 300x300 but decals elude me. every time I try a different resolution it comes out all blurred on my table and how do I put a decal on a ramp? when I do it, it defaults to the table (under the ramp)
I know this is probably in the wrong section, but...

To get VP to render sharper images, it pays to over sharpen the source image with a sharpen filter or detail filter.

great! I'll try that with my art program

I recently d/loaded Photobie at someones suggestion. I use it for blueprint artwork and layering and chaning pixel sizes on pics, but haven't looked any deeper into it. I'm sure it has that somewhere w/in it, as it looks pretty intensive. Thanks for the info!. I've just recently figured out spinners on ramps and wanted to get a picture on it (a clear one) the pic itself is a black andwhite pgotograph which doesn't help at all so it must be crystal clear! Thanks again...

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back