Gas Attack images offered.

inkochnito

Instructioncard creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Tron Legacy
The Gas Attack machines are now located in Belgium.
I've got contact with a few guys overthere.
They've already send me a few images of the machines.
The roms may even get dumped.:joy:
One of the guys has permission to clean and repair both machines.
I've asked him to make sure he gets a rom read.
Now I'm offering the images for someone to make a Gas Attack table.
I'm just not that good. :no:
Just reply and we'll discus who's working on this.

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

Attachments

• Gas_Attack-1.jpg
    Gas_Attack-1.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 398
Cool I would love to see this in VPM someday. Gas Attack Away! :)

great a fart pin! why not go whole hog and make a body parts and noises pin, just call it 'the bod' or 'anatomy 101' they look strange to say the least. ok I'm game I can make the table if someone else wants to try coding it! show a few table pics so we can see it better

hey on that link you have for instruction cards please inform me when (if?) you ever get your hands on the Zizzle cards, I may need one or two just for reference on how it actually plays as right now I'm just winging it and putting my own custom play into them. I don'tthink I'll actually use them as is, but I can always customise their base card for my pins (wip's)

hey on that link you have for instruction cards please inform me when (if?) you ever get your hands on the Zizzle cards, I may need one or two just for reference on how it actually plays as right now I'm just winging it and putting my own custom play into them. I don'tthink I'll actually use them as is, but I can always customise their base card for my pins (wip's)

There doesn't seem to be any cards for the Zizzle games.

Send me your e-mail and I'll upload the Gas Attack images to you via www.yousendit.com

Peter

This is just a mod of BreakShot

This is just a mod of BreakShot
You could make that argument about any of a ton of machines that are just rehashed versions of other machines. For example, check "El Dorado", "El Dorado City of Gold", "Target Alpha", "Gold Strike", "Lucky Strike", "Solar City" and "Canada Dry" - all the same machine.

Images are send to Faralos.
I hope these images are good enough.

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

ok I got the images! they are ok to start with! man that's one filthy pin! dirt all over that playfield! I am currently starting it in VP9! since this(hopefully) will be the new vp, I figured I'll just build it there. i got the flippers to show up with the hardware rendering checked! so i imported chris' skeleton for scoring and basic lighting and will start to build on that playfield shape. busy layout but I think I can manage it. since I dont have an overhead shot of the playfield (and my artwork aint all that) I'll try to paint it with my paint programs, but I can't promise anything till I get real good direct overhead shots of the table design cool pics tho! who makes it? I want to google it and try to find the table layout pics for it...
ok the only thing i got says it's a conversion from capcoms breakshot so I can use that playfield for reference of placements of stuff... woohoo!
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=5111 gas attack
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3784&picno=2975 breakshot
now if I can just figure out where the ball comes out after the plunger shot...(up and around? behind that little flipper?)

Last edited:
i can't find a vp of breakshot...

I'm guessing there was never a redo of it? does anyone know where the ball comes out? the table looks to be a solid steel wall at the shooter lane end. does that swing open? letting the ball pass?

now if I can just figure out where the ball comes out after the plunger shot...(up and around? behind that little flipper?)

It goes all the way to the top where it can fall in any of three lanes. Hard to tell that from the photos on IPDB of Gas Attack, but this photo of Breakshot explains it perfectly. Try playing PacDude's Breakshot to better understand the layout.

The entrance from the plunger lane is elevated a bit, the ball goes up a ramp and drops on to the table.

I'm d/loading something else right now(Tii's 103 vp pins!), but if someone else made the table do i have permission to take that very same table and use the layout? Would I have to ask Pacdudes permission? it would be faster and easier to just use his basic layout, as not everything is the same. of course all the sounds and pics would be changed. Itwould just be easier for me to use his plastics and such (and the basic structure)
't

Last edited:
Peter thanks .. if there's something that needs picking up (roms/pics etc.) let me know, I can arrange to get there ..

gas attack overhead shots wanted

a playfield pic (straight overhead shot) of the gas attack pin would be most helpful i am drawing (copying) with a mouse with MS paint but it'll take a while! see I did the toilet in about 45 minutes and will do the entire playfield if need be! the plastics are basically done with that weird green color, some touchups are still needed, but the basics are in! the only playfieldshots are the ones you sent me so I'm copying them pixel by pixel wiith my mouse (whew) so if you could get an actual overheadshot that shows everything with no angled distortion it'd really help (and the rom pack too if ya' can!! i have no clue how to put a rom into coding, but that's why I have you guys/gals(?) and the rules/score card shots would help too in fact all the bottom apron would be nice! Thanks a heap!!
I've seen shots that have the cards on the bottom in English that'd help butI doubt they have that one in Belgium.

Attachments

• Gas attack table wip image.jpg
    Gas attack table wip image.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 366
  • gas attack playfield overhead.jpg
    gas attack playfield overhead.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
faralos .. looks promising!

The Instruction Card on the far left is in English (to the left there's a French one and a Dutch one on the far left).

That table surely needs a good cleanup!

The machines are getting a cleaning job by Zwarte Panter from Belgium.
He has an aggreement with the director of the show to clean and repair the machines.
I've asked him to do a rom dump while he's at it.
It's the final thing missing to get the emulation running.
We will have to wait and see for those roms, but I think they WILL come.

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

if hes' gonna clean it perhaps you could talk him into getting me a direct overhead shot like the breakshot one I posted! it'd be far simpler to just resize a good shot than to hand copy all the table graphix with a mouse and a paint program, then I could just layer it over the blueprint (with a few touch-ups if need be), again thanks a bunch!! oh and I did enlarge that toilet seeing as it was too small the first time thru, so don't post about that shitter being too small (my roommates already did)

Thanks Peter, let me know if I can be of any help ..

Cheers,

if hes' gonna clean it perhaps you could talk him into getting me a direct overhead shot like the breakshot one I posted! it'd be far simpler to just resize a good shot than to hand copy all the table graphix with a mouse and a paint program, then I could just layer it over the blueprint (with a few touch-ups if need be), again thanks a bunch!! oh and I did enlarge that toilet seeing as it was too small the first time thru, so don't post about that shitter being too small (my roommates already did)

Why are you re-drawing everything from sby hand? The background of the playfield is mostly green. You can simply copy from the playfield image you posted the various parts and paste them onto a green background. I copied the toilet that way. It took me 1 minute to make the picture I've attached. I used Photoshop and I understand you don't have that program, but you should be able to do something similar with some of the other free paint programs out there (not sure about MS Paint though).

Attachments

• gas.jpg
    gas.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
because the shots i have of the table are skewed i don't have real good overhead shots of anything except the lower half! The top part isn't even showing in any of the pics I have so everything else must be copied. I have 'photobie' so I'll try that there for the good shots I have. also the pics I have are of a pretty filthy pin, the lower half is almost black with dirt so it would have to be recolored anyway. and honestly I hadn't even thought of it:p I'm so used to drawing in paint programs it didn't even occur to me to cut and paste (yup I'm an idiot at times; waiting for a crack from Bob here...) so on I go to try my hand at that

I'm so used to drawing in paint programs it didn't even occur to me to cut and paste (yup I'm an idiot at times; waiting for a crack from Bob here...) so on I go to try my hand at that

I already mentioned in some other thread that you should post your best images and maybe someone would straighten them for you if you asked. I also mentioned that very few tables have bare playfields available at a nice resolution. Believe it or not, most table have been made with photos of he same quality that I saw above. It's not usually possible to get a scaffold set up so a picture can be taken from directly above a pinball machine.

How's that for a crack?

I honestly don't remember you posting that suggestion, but I tried it with the chicken image by the left slingshot and it worked great! so I'll just cut and paste (and redo some of the colors), not too shabby a crack! thanks!! it'll cut out a lot of time and since it's the actual images it'll look way more professional! thanks again for the insight and suggestion I'll try it for the rest of the table and if need be will post with the quiery of straightening the skewed images if I can't straighten them myself. Thanks again!

ok cut and paste works great!

as you can see cut-and-paste with my 'photobie' program works ok. don't worry about all that breakshot stuff still in there as it will eventually get redone too. one thing at a time, I am still doing the table pics and will get to those poolball lights asap and the rom and coding will also be wiped clean. I am just using the lights and stuff for visual reference for the pics.

Attachments

• Gas attack table wip image.jpg
    Gas attack table wip image.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 336
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: AnushDCosta is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back