So Nanotech are taking over VP & FP - what's the deal?

Tii

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
All
their logo is on FP start screen....:headscratch:

The VP9 Help > About says NanoTech Entertainment Inc. - Licensed.
Hey, I think you are on to something here. But you know, in one of the VP9 threads someone asked about a disclaimer for Nanotech or something.
You know, with a license, I doubt they should.

Jup. Comes from Foley. Seems they were the only ones that cared AND had the source code.

The McD

Taking over VP & FP?

David R Foley only has a licence to use VP and FP in his products, currently the Pinball Wizard, as far as I'm aware. But he was also the producer of Ultracade and UltraPin, with others. As such he was responsible for the improvements to VP, together with others credited in the VP9 Release Notes, including our own Destruk. FP is solely reserved for Multipin, according to the Nanotechent's website: http://nanotechent.com/, but maybe VP will now be included, too.

PK :)

Multipin will need to cost less as it is more then a NEW REAL PINBALL GAME.

wow and only 13g's for their 'gold' edition lemma just sell my soul, no wait, can't, the government owns it. oh well, if I ever hit the lottery, then maybe...damn for 13 thou. I want a supermodel to go with it! or at least solid gold pinballs!

Does this development have anything to do with AJ and vpforums disappearing?
Curious timing.

um no Sleepy. They've had their license for Future Pinball for over a year. And they have license contract agreements with future pinball table developers as well like BlindMankind Pinball, Polygame, etc etc. since June/July of 2008. And as for Visual Pinball, that has been in progress for awhile too. You could say David Foley started the ball rolling on the Ultrapin product at least 3 years ago.

um no Sleepy. They've had their license for Future Pinball for over a year. And they have license contract agreements with future pinball table developers as well like BlindMankind Pinball, Polygame, etc etc. since June/July of 2008. And as for Visual Pinball, that has been in progress for awhile too. You could say David Foley started the ball rolling on the Ultrapin product at least 3 years ago.

Still, within about a two week span we've seen VPForums.com close unexpectedly, VPForums.org pop out of virtually nowhere to take it's place, and a VP9 release with "the ORG" listed as the support site even though that site's been up for only a week. For a scene where nothing happens most of the time, I'm with Sleepy, it seems incredibly ... well, curious.

:suspicious:

Still, within about a two week span we've seen VPForums.com close unexpectedly, VPForums.org pop out of virtually nowhere to take it's place, and a VP9 release with "the ORG" listed as the support site even though that site's been up for only a week. For a scene where nothing happens most of the time, I'm with Sleepy, it seems incredibly ... well, curious.

:suspicious:
VPForums.com has been lagging with stuff that only AJ can do.

VPForums.org is just about the same in name and has VP in it's name unlike pinballnirvana.com.

pinballnirvana.com has been slower then VPForums.com in posts and was used as a back up to VPForums.com and to host table files and vp only tables.

VPForums.com has been lagging with stuff that only AJ can do.

VPForums.org is just about the same in name and has VP in it's name unlike pinballnirvana.com.

pinballnirvana.com has been slower then VPForums.com in posts and was used as a back up to VPForums.com and to host table files and vp only tables.
I understand all that, though I'm not sure how it relates to my post.

I had to ask because we still do not know why AJ is still offline and yet devoting his communications, if they are from him, to www.dallascowbowstalk.com and not vpforums.com. It could indicate being bought out while he is now using his resources to upgrade his remaining properties. He, or someone, bothered to post a message on the dallascowboystalk homepage and yet nothing for VPF, no homepage, no note, nothing. At the same time, there is the concern for the successful launch of a new product behind the release of VP9 (the add-on controller). Some companies might opt for a new website in order to insure this success.

I understand that's not NanoTech's problem and I'm not accusing anyone. I'm only concerned for the best.

the dallas link is broken! and personally who cares about aj anymore? it's been weeks and no sign of him, yet we have the ORG now and we are all still here anyhow! I know you guys are worried for him, but life goes on and all that, if he gets back to anyone well fine, but we shouldn't hold our collective breaths

I had to ask because we still do not know why AJ is still offline and yet devoting his communications, if they are from him, to www.dallascowboystalk.com and not vpforums.com. It could indicate being bought out while he is now using his resources to upgrade his remaining properties. He, or someone, bothered to post a message on the dallascowboystalk homepage and yet nothing for VPF, no homepage, no note, nothing. At the same time, there is the concern for the successful launch of a new product behind the release of VP9 (the add-on controller). Some companies might opt for a new website in order to insure this success.

I understand that's not NanoTech's problem and I'm not accusing anyone. I'm only concerned for the best.

A) Link fixed.

B) I was wondering: Could it be that AJ had/has the complete power over VPF, but at DCT there are some others involved that could have put up the notice. Contacting SBCGlobal and that stuff... seems like somebody else put that up and is having a fun time trying to get a hold of AJ just like we tried for a longer time. Seems we'll have to wait until August '11 when the site should die completely.

The McD

What was the topic again, oh yes that's right nanotech, limited licensing of FP and VP. Yeah that was it..;)

As for the rest of the soap opera, conspiracy theories, hype and speculation at best, let's leave that to the Hollywood boys, otherwise, I'm going to have to be splitting a few posts around these 'ere parts.

and personally who cares about aj anymore? it's been weeks and no sign of him, yet we have the ORG now and we are all still here anyhow!

What a shitty attitude.

The guy that you are willing to dismiss so respectlessly has kept the community together for over 8 years, and without these real VPforums i dare say that this whole VP thing would most probably be dead dead dead today.

The fact that some others had no problem taking his forumname to continue something that has never been theirs is totally irrelevant here, so a little more respect for the man that deserves all our utmost gratitude is in definite order. Especially for you as someone who joined just a couple of weeks ago,...

personally who cares about aj anymore? it's been weeks and no sign of him, yet we have the ORG now and we are all still here anyhow! I know you guys are worried for him, but life goes on and all that, if he gets back to anyone well fine, but we shouldn't hold our collective breaths
*rolls eyes and hopes someone restrains me from saying something offensive*

I had to ask because we still do not know why AJ is still offline and yet devoting his communications, if they are from him, to www.dallascowboystalk.com and not vpforums.com. It could indicate being bought out while he is now using his resources to upgrade his remaining properties. He, or someone, bothered to post a message on the dallascowboystalk homepage and yet nothing for VPF, no homepage, no note, nothing. At the same time, there is the concern for the successful launch of a new product behind the release of VP9 (the add-on controller). Some companies might opt for a new website in order to insure this success.

DCT could have had control over their own DNS, if so, when the server went down they could have pointed their domain to somewhere else - the temporary site you see today. AJ's intervention wouldn't be needed at all.

If you look at....

http://www.nanotechent.com/pinball-wizard.php

They have this listed....

• Software functionality now built into Visual Pinball and Future Pinball
That explains VP9.

So we have no AJ, but a new VPForums. We have no Randy, but a new version of VP. We have no Pacdude, but we have a new faralos. WTF? My head is beginning to spin and I can only hope for Mitchell to reappear and explain this shit to me....

I didn't mean to sound so flippant or insulting, I just thought if you really care for something then in the event that something does happen (which it did) then you make every effort to 'keep it rolling' so to speak. for all we know he could be lying in a hospital comatose and literally unable to get in touch with anyone! (I hope not) after reading all these posts by you guys/gals(?) this site has been around for a very long time. andI wished it wasstill around, but what I MEANT waas that we all survived the crash and will continue to keep his spirit alive and kicking by reupping all those lost tables and stuff, and (hopefully) when he does come back he'll see that you guys cared enuf to keep it going. the ORG has done many wondrous things in its short life so far as has this site. I apologize if I've offended anyone, most of all AJ!

I didn't mean to sound so flippant or insulting, I just thought if you really care for something then in the event that something does happen (which it did) then you make every effort to 'keep it rolling' so to speak. for all we know he could be lying in a hospital comatose and literally unable to get in touch with anyone! (I hope not) after reading all these posts by you guys/gals(?) this site has been around for a very long time. andI wished it wasstill around, but what I MEANT waas that we all survived the crash and will continue to keep his spirit alive and kicking by reupping all those lost tables and stuff, and (hopefully) when he does come back he'll see that you guys cared enuf to keep it going. the ORG has done many wondrous things in its short life so far as has this site. I apologize if I've offended anyone, most of all AJ!

If you were AJ and you came back to see a new VPForums, not just another VP site, but a "NEW" VPForums, what would you think? I would think..... WTF?

:offtopic:
So we have no AJ, but a new VPForums. We have no Randy, but a new version of VP. We have no Pacdude, but we have a new faralos. WTF? ....
PD tables are MUCH better!:hysterical

If you were AJ and you came back to see a new VPForums, not just another VP site, but a "NEW" VPForums, what would you think? I would think..... WTF?
That, and maybe i would even think why bother and concentrate on my other sites instead, you know, where the members are actually grateful for my services and where they show me at least an ounce of respect,...

I dont care what anyone says, but naming a new forum 'VPForums', without AJs consent, was one of the most stupid ideas anyone has ever had, one of the badest moves anyone has ever made, and each new day seems to reveal another reason why that is so. If the whole thing werent so friggin sad i would say 'well done i hope youre happy now', but given the circumstances im not even in the mood for sarcasm anymore,...

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back