Little Joe, 1971 Bally for VP9

druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777
It's coming....soon....

Attachments

• LittleJoePICjpg.PNG
    LittleJoePICjpg.PNG
    702.9 KB · Views: 391
UPDATED PICS

First screenshot: startup.

Second screenshot: ready to play.

Almost done. I hope.

Attachments

• littlejoeSTARTPIC.png
    littlejoeSTARTPIC.png
    660.6 KB · Views: 347
  • littlejoePLAYPIC.png
    littlejoePLAYPIC.png
    642 KB · Views: 354
NEWEST IMAGE

This is the newest pic. STILL more graphics fixes to do.

Attachments

• littlejoePICNEW.png
    littlejoePICNEW.png
    637.4 KB · Views: 353
more finished

Two center and slingshot plastics refinished. Mushrooms fixed and move up and down. Upper ball return gate fixed to look realistic.

Need to still fix the top two plastics (redraw) and place them. Scoring needs to be fixed as well.

Attachments

• LittleJoeNEWESTPIC.png
    LittleJoeNEWESTPIC.png
    627 KB · Views: 370
It's looking good. Just a minor thing that I noticed off the bat... The reflection of the plunger on the front of the lock bar is on the wrong side. You might want to do a horizontal flip and re-save and re-import it.

The table pic is just a photoshop of course, using the strip graphic to map the front, which you may want at that angle (I would suggest bringing the bottom to the bottom of the pane though) and shows the lockbar flipped.

Attachments

• front.png
    front.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 338
  • LittleJoeNEWESTPIC.png
    LittleJoeNEWESTPIC.png
    663.1 KB · Views: 345
getting there...

Thanks shocky for the front. I'll add that. Plastics all finished. This table is looking surreal!

Attachments

• LittleJoeNEWpic.png
    LittleJoeNEWpic.png
    625.2 KB · Views: 346
Finished

The table is finished. Needs a little playtesting. Scoring is done.

A few days to a week this one will be released.

Will be changing the side rails out for new ones.

Attachments

• LittleJoePICNEW.png
    LittleJoePICNEW.png
    654.5 KB · Views: 354
is it me or is that center post a tad offset to the right?
it looks like it ain't centered
other than that though it's a fantastic build!!

I thought the right flipper was up a little.

Speaking of the button.

I could help if you would want this. It is crude right now. Just slapped together.

The .zip is a .vpt file --- Spacebar toggles button

Attachments

• button.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 409
  • button_shot.jpg
    button_shot.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 384
  • show.png
    show.png
    160 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:
That up post looks much better. I forgot to say something.:)

I thought the right flipper was up a little.

Speaking of the button.

I could help if you would want this. It is crude right now. Just slapped together.

The .zip is a .vpt file --- Spacebar toggles button

Won't even run in my version of VP. Thanks for it though.

If it ran in VP 9.10 I would be glad to use it.

The .vpt file would be no use other than to see the button working.

The way to use it would be to draw a black hole where the button is on your source playfield pic that is a bit bigger than the button (the hole size) and paste the button pic in the middle. Then create a perfect round wall over just the button and map the top with the playfield pic and the side with a textured red strip graphic.

Attachments

• button_top.png
    button_top.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 384
  • button_side.png
    button_side.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 379
Thanks!

Waiting to hear from Walter to get the proper apron and shooter as well. I have an idea on how to make this button light up too. I'll add black dots across the image to "vectorize" it. Will make it light up.

This will be sweet. Thanks again for the help!

Will/druadic
:cheers:

I seen your latest at Rouge. It's looking good.

I included for you, if you want them, a rail set. The rails better match the lockbar, and the lockbar has the plunger reflection on the right side.

Attachments

• Rails.gif
    Rails.gif
    47.1 KB · Views: 311
  • rails.zip
    43.2 KB · Views: 278
And finally. If your button lighting idea if dithering does not work you might try these.

You would paste the dark button on your playfield picture, copy it and past the lit button in the exact same spot and import that picture and map the wall top to the new picture with the lit button and the side to the lit side. Set the bottom of the wall that is the post to -1 and the post will be dark when down and lit when up.

Attachments

• top_lit.png
    top_lit.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 388
  • button_side_lit.png
    button_side_lit.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 319
This shows a lit button. It is a .vpt file made with 9.15. I don't know if it would work with 9.10 the other was with a build of 9.2.1 rev 882

spacebar toggles post up and down

Attachments

• button2.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 386
Thanx

I got everything done except for a little tweaking. Not much else. I have the lit button as well as the unlit one implemented.

Scripting is finished.

Hope to have this done soon.

Thanks again guys.
:appl:

FINISHED.

SPECIAL THANX TO:

Shockman for the wonderful lit post images, the lockdown bar and his cabinet front.

Itchigo for the very nice side rails.

Starman for the use of his original Bally apron and ball shooter cover.

Thanks guys!

W. / druadic

This is for those folks that still use VP 9.10!

FINAL PIC

FINAL PIC.

Attachments

• LittleJoeFINALPIC.png
    LittleJoeFINALPIC.png
    698.4 KB · Views: 338
NOW AT ROGUE:

Little Joe, Skykings, Pro Pool and Broadway bingo all for VP 9.2.1 r866 and higher.

ALL TABLES have been redrawn and refixed.

YOU MUST register and login for downloads.

Look for the files under VP recreations. Each name will have VP 9.2.1 r866+ on the zip files.

COMING VERY SOON:

Frolics (bingo), 1952 by Bally and MANY more tables (including bingos).

Little Joe, and Pro Pool I can get up maybe Tuesday (Cabinet Versions). The bingo's will take some time (and backglasses).

Not to steal your thunder, but this will be up shortly too. Just finished.

Attachments

• Telecard.jpg
    Telecard.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
heya

Little Joe, and Pro Pool I can get up maybe Tuesday (Cabinet Versions). The bingo's will take some time (and backglasses).

Not to steal your thunder, but this will be up shortly too. Just finished.

Have no problems you making the flippered tables to cabs for VP 9.2.1 r866+ but as for the bingos, they're off limits to DESKTOP USERS ONLY.

It was nice to see Little Joe and Pro Pool updated by you but what about Skykings? I haven't seen you convert that one as of yet.

Glad I updated those three flippered tables for desktop users since they needed updates anyway. It seems 90% of the WIP are now really ignored for desktop players by the VP authors. What a crying shame and I for one am disappointed in every single author for this. For those authors that still make VP for desktops, BRAVO.

At least for a few months and then, MAYBE THEN I'll try my hand at making them for cabs. Let's see what happens. Maybe after 6 months or so. I'll wait and see. Maybe a year? 12 months isn't a long wait for any of the bingos I made anyway. I have quite a few to finish anyway. Four bingos down, several to go.

Desktop users are my TOP PRIORITY.

By the way Tim, nice WIP. VERY nice.
:appl:

Last edited:
Per our talk, that's not a problem. I was making them for myself, then I thought, why not share it if I can because there is no fs version.

With my job search possibly nearing an end (about @#%^$* time!) I will have more time at home, but no time at work to work on anything. So I guess it's a wash.:whistle:

And our desktops are also here.:D I really should put Phil's desktops at Rogue, I just never thought of it. I've always put the fs versions at Rogue, and gave the desktops to PN,IRP to support them.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back