problem with dmd

slashguns04

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
hook
can someone help me with the street fighter 2 table the dmd comes out in black and white ... Thanks
96245510_3181547125189672_5643008894281187328_n.jpg

can someone help me with the street fighter 2 table the dmd comes out in black and white ... Thanks
Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen someone have that problem before!

If you hit the F1 key to go in to the pinMAME settings, do you see the panel below?

First thing I'd try is changing the color settings at the bottom. Hit "OK" and then hit F3 to reset the table.

If that doesn't work, let me know. Maybe there's an NVRAM issue or something else.

Attachments

• pinMAME panel.jpg
    pinMAME panel.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 136
Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen someone have that problem before!

If you hit the F1 key to go in to the pinMAME settings, do you see the panel below?

First thing I'd try is changing the color settings at the bottom. Hit "OK" and then hit F3 to reset the table.

If that doesn't work, let me know. Maybe there's an NVRAM issue or something else.
does not work the colored dmd should come out

does not work the colored dmd should come out
Okay, try unzipping these in to your "nvram" folder in your pinMAME folder:

GTS3 NVRAM FILES

If that doesn't work, tell me your VP version and which version of the SF2 you're trying to run, and I can try replicating the problem over here.

Okay, try unzipping these in to your "nvram" folder in your pinMAME folder:

GTS3 NVRAM FILES

If that doesn't work, tell me your VP version and which version of the SF2 you're trying to run, and I can try replicating the problem over here.
same problem second is a Rom problem, maybe he needs a patched rom

Last edited:
same problem second is a Roma problem, maybe he needs a patched rom
I tried it with the ROM version hosted here. Works fine for me.

I was able to change the DMD colors however I wanted.

If you don't tell me your software versions like I asked, I can't properly replicate the problem you're having. Also, whether you're using a front-end or not.

Attachments

• SF2.DMD.jpg
    SF2.DMD.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 118
I tried it with the ROM version hosted here. Works fine for me.

I was able to change the DMD colors however I wanted.

If you don't tell me your software versions like I asked, I can't properly replicate the problem you're having. Also, whether you're using a front-end or not.
vpx 1.06.0 JP's Street Fighter 2" & vbNewLine & "VPX table by JPSalas v1.0"
Street Fighter 2 1.0

Last edited:
vpx 1.06.0 JP's Street Fighter 2" & vbNewLine & "VPX table by JPSalas v1.0"
Street Fighter 2 1.2
I'm not sure if "vbNewLine" is supposed to mean an add-on or DLL, but it looks like this on my system.

Could you post a full screenshot?

Attachments

• SF2.JP.VPX.jpg
    SF2.JP.VPX.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 120
I don't have my two-monitor setup running at the moment.

What happens if you drag the DMD on to the playfield area?

nothing is happening
Something should happen if you drag it over. Either it will continue to appear without color or it will regain color. Either way could help indicate where the problem might lie.

Another thing to try would be different versions of SF2. Try JP's 1.0 version. Try another author's. Try a VP9 version. Try it in desktop mode. The results of these things could help separate a VP issue versus a pinMAME issue versus a specific re-creation issue.

You could also try deleting the nvram and cfg files, generating fresh copies. You could even try removing the "sfight2" registry entry if you know how to do that.

Btw, I'm assuming this is only happening to SF2. If you haven't already, you might also try a diifferent Gottlieb System 3 game to compare.

Personally, when I played JP's 1.2 version in fullscreen mode the DMD did indeed have color when appearing on the playfield, so based on what you've told me, I can't replicate the problem here.

Altogether, I think that's about as much help as I can give you. The rest is going to have to be you testing out these different things and maybe searching around for similar issues. Ciao.

Something should happen if you drag it over. Either it will continue to appear without color or it will regain color. Either way could help indicate where the problem might lie.

Another thing to try would be different versions of SF2. Try JP's 1.0 version. Try another author's. Try a VP9 version. Try it in desktop mode. The results of these things could help separate a VP issue versus a pinMAME issue versus a specific re-creation issue.

You could also try deleting the nvram and cfg files, generating fresh copies. You could even try removing the "sfight2" registry entry if you know how to do that.

Btw, I'm assuming this is only happening to SF2. If you haven't already, you might also try a diifferent Gottlieb System 3 game to compare.

Personally, when I played JP's 1.2 version in fullscreen mode the DMD did indeed have color when appearing on the playfield, so based on what you've told me, I can't replicate the problem here.

Altogether, I think that's about as much help as I can give you. The rest is going to have to be you testing out these different things and maybe searching around for similar issues. Ciao.
when I drag it it does not change color it always remains black and white I also tried version 1.0 and 1.2 both of the same problem.
the problem of the black and white dmd there is only with this table

when I drag it it does not change color it always remains black and white I also tried version 1.0 and 1.2 both of the same problem.
the problem of the black and white dmd there is only with this table
You could try those other things, then.

For sure, I would erase the nvram & cfg files, plus registry entry.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: GeorgeH has posted a new reply in the thread "How Do I Move a DMD on the Backbox Using Script...
      Back