Paolo

No Bam no Play
Chat Moderator
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Batman(Data East)
Please,someone explains to me step by step what I have to do to insert a table,thanks

Please,someone explains to me step by step what I have to do to insert a table,thanks
If it's smallish and/or maybe a WIP (work in progress), you can add it as a post attachment.

If it's meant for general release, you can go to the menu item "Resources" (downloads), and look for the orange Add resource… button in the upper right. Then you fill in the various details for the uploaded table.

If you make a mistake, as the resource owner, you can always edit your resource and make corrections.

Where is this add resource?

Cattura8.JPG

Hello wild,

Wanted to mention that you can change your language options, in case you didn't know, the language selection is in the footer but Italian menus are not available in the Resources (Downloads) section:

I'm not certain if you wish to upload a file into a post or into the Resources (Downloads) section, if you are working on something that isn't finished, the file should probably attached to one of your posts, look for this image to attach a file into one of your posts:
Attach files.jpg

Downloads are called Resources now:

Browse to the category that you wish to upload a file to and click on this button on the upper right side.

Add resource.jpg

Here is a example of how to upload a sample table that I made for a different user with some information that might be helpful:
Downloads are now called "Resources", located in a tab up top.
Categories are listed on the left, browse to a category that you want to upload the file to, this is the VP Recreations Category but files can't be added here, you must choose a subcategory. Lets choose VP Recreations K-P , this is where you could upload a file by selecting Add resource from the upper right, colored brown.

King Pin example:

Prefix: choose a prefix from the listing, example VP9
Title: King Pin
Tag line: Can be anything, King Pin
Uploaded files: King Pin Chicago Coin 1951.zip
Version number:1, 2, 3 etc.
Description: Your description of King Pin, also can include a IPDB Link with Insert Link:

Internet Pinball Machine Database: Chicago Coin 'King Pin'

www.ipdb.org
www.ipdb.org

Under Description, Attach files : Upload Images, screenshots ie: King Pin Chicago Coin 1951.jpg
Tags: King Pin

Upload a new icon: Upload your King Pin Chicago Coin 1951.jpg again, this will be displayed on the category pages.
Then Save at the bottom.

You should be able to edit files, look for a More Options symbol that looks like "...." and a down arrow, the first option is Edit Resource.

A thread in the forums will be created announcing the addition.
Let me know if you have any problems,
Jon

ok, now I understand, that's where the tables are located in resourcer,at the top ....I hadn't noticed .....

I see this information scrolling,
Cattura7.JPG

but I click on language translations,but then I'm stuck, what would I do ?

Hello Paolo is this italian ?

no
why don't you communicate via chat? with me

how where?????Cattura4.JPG

here

Ah the shoutbox ?
I think the mail function is better

via email, too long, if you are connected and I too, if we can talk quickly, why not? if I have to tell you something fast, you can answer them

but I click on language translations,but then I'm stuck, what would I do ?
You should see a Language chooser at the bottom of every page in the footer, click on English and a popup will appear like this:Language chooser.jpg

Click on Italiano, the Italian translation does not include the Resources section.
All translations don't change users text only the menus and some buttons.

(edited, added a link to the Language chooser)

Last edited:
You should see a Language chooser at the bottom of every page in the footer, click on English and a popup will appear like this:View attachment 14007

Click on Italiano, the Italian translation does not include the Resources section.
All translations don't change users text only the menus and some buttons.

(edited, added a link to the Language chooser)

ok, thanks now I saw it, but it wasn't there before? so if I write in Italian, and I post it, then you don't see it in English?

in fact I still see in English......It's not a problem;)

ok, thanks now I saw it, but it wasn't there before? so if I write in Italian, and I post it, then you don't see it in English?

Translations never alter Users text in posts or anywhere else, it's only for menus and buttons.

Having the menus and buttons in Italian might still help you post a table.

@wild,
You might want to try translate.google.com on those, which I use all the time and find to be super-useful. But if it helps:

#1 is a required field, but it doesn't really matter what you add there

#2 above is really important, as that's where you upload the table!

#3 is optional

#4 is very helpful. That's where you upload the screenshot a second time in order to create an icon (like an avatar or thumbnail) to represent your table. If you leave that out, your table will look like this in the resource lists:

pinball_resource_icon.png

I would leave the "Tag Line" blank. I entered something there but it doesn't show up in very many places.

"Upload files" is where you upload your table in a compressed format like a zip.

"Additional information URL" If you are posting the recreation of a real table, you might enter the location of the posting on the Internet Pinball Database. Otherwise, I would leave it blank.

"Alternative Support URL" Leave blank.

"Upload new icon" Add a screenshot of your table here. It appears on listing of all tables here:

Just wanted to inform that the Italian translation unfortunately did not include the Resource Manager:
The French translation includes the Forum, the Resource Manager (Downloads) and the Shoutbox menus.
The Spanish translation includes the Forum and the Resource Manager (Downloads).
The Italian translation is only for the Forum Menus.

I think a IPD link to the machine should probably just be added into the Description field, the Additional Information URL is sort of tricky to find with no descriptions.
See this example: https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?resources/mikoshi.5561/

Description: If a link is added on a new line, like this:
Code:
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4560

The link will be unfurled and look like this:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back