Meet the man of your dream....

Cool! I did not know that pegs don't let halo glows pass through the model. On MOTU, the model of He-Man never looks very good because of the glow passing through it. I guess I could try converting the model to a peg but then I suppose his motion wouldn't work anymore when the ball hits the kicker.

Correct, because MOTU uses traditional FP toys,etc. So the code won't work if using a PEG.

With BAM however...anything can be moved with a mini playfield, so using the FPM Editor comes in real handy for this kind of thing. that's how I was able to get RetroFlair BAM's new modes to work with the ghosts and cars moving.

We can make pegs and other things collidable too while in motion....but I've never tried that yet when used with a mini playfield.

So I'm not sure what advantages "toys" give since we have BAM now.....however, certain things are probably easier like rotation of toys I think is easier compared to a mini playfield (which doesn't rotate full 360 like you think it does. For my F-14 Tomcat rotating Beacon effect, I couldn't tell it to rotate 360. I had to break it up into a few separate move functions that were less than 180.

Last edited:
@Gimli Can we use multiple mini playfields in the same area? Like say one mp to fly one direction, and another to fly the opposite direction? I was curious more than anything. Not sure if I'll have the ships fly around or not.

Of course.
You can have 48 miniplayfields all go to to the same area.
And of course you can have one miniplayfield moving in any direction

You can't have more than one miniplayfield grab the same spot and you can't grab a miniplayfield in a miniplayfield... :p

But you can have let say 2 identical Tie Fighter models that you grab from elsewhere and move them both to the same identical location and then have them move in different directions..... you just set the Scale = 0 zero to temporarily hide one or the other

Terry looks like you found the textures for CP30 did Steve bake them all into one for you ?

Did you try Balancer NPro on the Falcon to simplify the triangles and hopefully remove the artifact ?

Let us know if you find a program like Mixamo that processes FBX files into an acceptable format for BAM model importer.

Here is a video describing how to take a Biped model from any future pinball table and convert it to a 3d animated model

Basically the process is this:
1. Export the model.fpm using fp model editor
2.using FPM editor program extract the ms3d image from the fpm model
3.using milkshape3d program conver the ms3d file to an obj file
4. import the obj file (as a zip file containing obj/mtl/jpgs) into mixamo
5.Rig the model in mixamo and create fbx animations
6.import all of the fbx mixamo animations into BAM model importer
7.Save as a TGA file ( which is the 3d model files with all the textures and animations included)
8.Import the TGA File into Future pinball through FP texture manager
9. Code your animations

So I'm not sure what advantages "toys" give since we have BAM now.....however, certain things are probably easier like rotation of toys I think is easier compared to a mini playfield (which doesn't rotate full 360 like you think it does. For my F-14 Tomcat rotating Beacon effect, I couldn't tell it to rotate 360. I had to break it up into a few separate move functions that were less than 180.

I have an infallible trick for perfect 360 everytime... look at my models in shootanza

match rotation of your object with the linear motion of a dummy that goes from 0 to 360, when dummy pos equal 359, rewind it to 0 :)

@Gimli

No, that C3PO is still the same on. No textures, and some messed up polygons on the mid area.

I tried Balancer on the Falcon. Didnt seem to help. In fact it was worse. :)

I have an infallible trick for perfect 360 everytime... look at my models in shootanza

Yah moving 360 on normal FP objects is fine.

It's how the mini playfield tool works, that doesn't let you just tell the mini playfield to rotate to more than 180. It will always take the shortest path to get to where you tell it. So if I tell an object resting at 0 to goto 340, it won't rotate clockwise to goto 340. It will rotate -20 to get to that position.

you do the increment by 1 with a timer for the X linear motion of an object.
at the same time, you set the rotation of your miniplayfield to the value of the X position of the linear object :razz:

Last edited:
you do the increment by 1 with a timer for the linear motion. :razz:

Yah, I just used a timer to break it up. Worked well enough.

Code:
Sub BeaconFlasher_Timer_Expired
            Select Case MovingBeaconLight
                Case 0: MovingBeaconLight = MovingBeaconLight+1
                '                              DstX     DstY     DstZ     RotX     RotY     RotZ    Scale     Time
                Call MiniPlayField_1.MoveTo(    250,   511.7,   300,       0,       0,       1,       4,       0)
                '                              DstX     DstY     DstZ     RotX     RotY     RotZ    Scale     Time
                Call MiniPlayField_1.MoveTo(    250,   511.7,   300,       0,       0,     180,       4,       0.5)
                Case 1: MovingBeaconLight = 0
                Call MiniPlayField_1.MoveTo(    250,   511.7,   300,       0,       0,     181,       4,       0)
                Call MiniPlayField_1.MoveTo(    250,   511.7,   300,       0,       0,     360,       4,       0.5)
            End Select
End Sub

by all means ask and learn with me.
What would you like to understand first ?

many thanks Bob, I will let you know as soon as I am ready for this, as soon as I make a table with particular models, if I learn it now, I could forget when I have to do it :lol:

Terry, the Millennium Falcon is beautiful, when you leave this version, I hope you will not do it only for pinevent .... but also for those who do not have it .

many thanks Bob, I will let you know as soon as I am ready for this, as soon as I make a table with particular models, if I learn it now, I could forget when I have to do it :lol:

Terry, the Millennium Falcon is beautiful, when you leave this version, I hope you will not do it only for pinevent .... but also for those who do not have it .

"Everyone", including desktop players can use PinEvent tables. Desktop users don't need Pinup Player or anything else to play the tables. They only need the 4 PinEvent vbs files installed (just like some tables need smoke's vbs file). Once you have those PinEvent vbs files copied to "Future Pinball \ Scripts", then all PinEvent tables will work for any desktop user.

So there isn't a need to do a non-PinEvent version of the table, as anyone can play it. I'm not going to make a different version of each PinEvent table because some people can't be bothered to download and install 4 vbs files. They can take a 3 minutes of their time to install a few files once.

I won't include the vbs files with tables as PinEvent may get updates in the future. Then it becomes a pain to support because when someone downloads an older PinEvent table with older vbs files, and they accidentaly replace the newer vbs files, then new tables won't work,etc.. Easier to have one location for the PinEvent vbs files, so they will be properly up to date (just like with BAM).

ok,good..... what are these 4 vbs files?
I wonder if it's possible to insert them into the script, such as smoke's vbs files

ok,good..... what are these 4 vbs files?
I wonder if it's possible to insert them into the script, such as smoke's vbs files

You can insert the PinEvent vbs files into the script...but that is a bad idea for compatibility and fixes in the future, as I'm dealing with DOF, SSF, PUP, PUPDMD and PUP Stream, etc. DOF and PuP may get updates in the future (they regularly do). Again, it would be difficult for me to have consistent support for all tables if I did that.

Using the same vbs files for many tables is common on VP. FP desktop users just aren't use to "updating " anything :) Having the same version of FP for 12 years will do that. :p

I actually integrated smoke's vbs into the PinEvent vbs files, so I can easily toggle between FP smoke Ball Rolling and PUP SSF Ball Rolling without needing to add it to the table script or needing smokes vbs file.

You can download the PinEvent vbs files here:

...and the tables here:

Each of those tables have significant table updates over SLAM's version. F-14 has a huge update to lighting, playfield image, and some fixes. RetroFlair BAM is a completely different version of that table. Halloween has MANY fixes and updates to the game to make it a compete game and all modes completable. Jaws has updates to lighting, and some fixes.

You can insert the PinEvent vbs files into the script...but that is a bad idea for compatibility and fixes in the future, as I'm dealing with DOF, SSF, PUP, PUPDMD and PUP Stream, etc. DOF and PuP may get updates in the future (they regularly do). Again, it would be difficult for me to have consistent support for all tables if I did that.

Using the same vbs files for many tables is common on VP. FP desktop users just aren't use to "updating " anything :) Having the same version of FP for 12 years will do that. :p

I actually integrated smoke's vbs into the PinEvent vbs files, so I can easily toggle between FP smoke Ball Rolling and PUP SSF Ball Rolling without needing to add it to the table script or needing smokes vbs file.

You can download the PinEvent vbs files here:

...and the tables here:

Each of those tables have significant table updates over SLAM's version. F-14 has a huge update to lighting, playfield image, and some fixes. RetroFlair BAM is a completely different version of that table. Halloween has MANY fixes and updates to the game to make it a compete game and all modes completable. Jaws has updates to lighting, and some fixes.
Awesome Stuff Terrry
Just download F-14 !!
Very very cool !
Thanks

@Gimli

Yah, F-14 has proven very popular among the cabinet guys...but the new lighting and 4K playfield image make a big difference in how it looks. I added a couple of fixes in there.

I've been trying to get a working Darth Vader character...and not having much luck. I've found two that are usable, and both get into Mixamo...but only one will not look completely messed up because of the pose and his cape (but wont work in BAM Importer).

:(

If you can get a working Darth Vader model...let me know. Heck even a really cool still model may be nice.

1595948109541.png

Attachments

• 1595948078960.png
    1595948078960.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 96
@TerryRed

This artist has some nice superhero models that are free
but various star wars ones ....princess leah in bikini, Luke , Darth Maul, Storm Troopers, Anakin, OBI wan

I have loaded the textures into C3P0 models but it is at home...It does have some graphical glitches as you said before

Could you please put a package yourself here as attachment of this 4file?

For now, it's better to keep the PinEvent install files main post in one place to maintain support. The install instructions (for pup and dof features) are all on there and there is a lot to update and keep track of.

The tables are all there because the PuP-Pack files (not needed for desktop), are very large and its one of the few places that can host files that large.

@TerryRed
This Darth Model loaded into mixamo, but and looks quite nice...but the exported fbx makes model editor crash ...so it may need tweaking

Darth.JPG

Attachments

• darth-vader.zip
    40.2 MB · Views: 82
@TerryRed
This Darth Model loaded into mixamo, but and looks quite nice...but the exported fbx makes model editor crash ...so it may need tweaking

View attachment 14913

Yah, its one of the ones I tried. I have no idea how to tweak a file so that Importer will allow it and not crash. With Object files, sometimes you need to delete the mtl file, and it at least allows it to load... buth with FBX I have no idea what to change or try.

Yah, its one of the ones I tried. I have no idea how to tweak a file so that Importer will allow it and not crash. With Object files, sometimes you need to delete the mtl file, and it at least allows it to load... buth with FBX I have no idea what to change or try.
I have had some success converting the fbx to obj either in Milkshape or Blender .
Then putting obj/mtl/textures into a zip and import the zip into mixamo.
And then the export FBX from mixamo works in BAM model importer

@TerryRed
YES it worked....I converted the above FBX to Obj in Blender and it still didn't work...but then loaded that obj and all the textures into MilkShape3d
and exported as a new object and it seems to both import into Mixamo and then the composed FBX from Mixamo will load into BAM model importer

Here is the Zip file to import into mixamo

Attachments

• Darth.zip
    8 MB · Views: 94
@Gimli

Yah, like that page you linked has an awesome Mike Myers and Freddy.

I have no problem getting them to upload to Mixamo, and the saved FBX will import into BAM Importer (though very large in size if its an FBX)....but it won't include any textures, or multiple materials (which won't give me the ability to apply multiple textures).

If I load the object (instead of the original FBX, which wont work) directly into Importer...it loads with all textures very nicely.... but no animation.

Not sure what I'm missing here.

Last edited:
@TerryRed
It will allow textures and animation you have to change from rar to zip containing obj/mtl/textures and it should work and enable textures.
then load the Obj not the FBX into Mixamo.....

I did it with the Freddy and it is really good (As is Steve's)

Try the Darth above....

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: simon.bethke is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back