Road Girls

Woohhhh....very interesting thing.....I can't quite understand from the video, so a "bulb" or "flash" is transformed into a rotating light?
Spotlights what is?

Yes....I used it for DK, I gave all the models( and anything that uses a texture )the brightness I deem appropriate, using "GetTexture" an example

Dim Cabinet
Set Cabinet = xBAM.GetTexture("Cab-texture")
Cabinet.Brightness = 2.0 'brighter
Cabinet.Brightness = 1.0 'normal
Cabinet.Brightness = 0.5 'dark

I think Gimli means with bam "Custom models" which work a bit differently then normal FP models.

Yes, any "flasher" can be changed to a spotlight, which then can also be used to act like a rotating beacon.

Here are some video examples....

Guys,

Gimli says he needs a break so I have started on putting the rock music version together. I think it will be cool.

There is some good news! Rav says he has control over glow radius on bumper lights. Color & brightness only need a little more work. Everyone may not be aware but bumpers have an internal light and FP has always accepted script commands for BulbOn and BulbOff just like lights. Rafal is working on adding the same script based BAM lighting controls for bumpers like we have on other lights!

George

Hi George,
I use video clips that play on my DMD when selecting a table in PinballX, this is the one I use for Road Girls Revisited.
Thought you might like it, cheers! :cool:

Everyone may not be aware but bumpers have an internal light and FP has always accepted script commands for BulbOn and BulbOff just like lights. Rafal is working on adding the same script based BAM lighting controls for bumpers like we have on other lights!

I've always known that it, in fact you can see in my tables,( maybe you've ever seen ) I replaced the lights of the bumpers, with the Cap ..... I mean I replaced the caps, of the bumpers in "bulb", and solved the problem you say .. ... but I'm glad that Rav is also converting the bumpers to "dynamic light"

I have been experiencing problems with the bumper light and Rafal has provided a fix. I tried the various options below but was never able to make the bumper cap look the way I wanted.

This is a top view of the bumper with the lit color set to pure white. As you can see it is totally blown out in the center and dim around the edges.

index.php

I often change the color of the playfield, lights or other objects to gray in order to make it darker. It didn't work very well here:

Road Girls 2.png

This is the best I was able to make it look without Rafal's new code. I chose a color used on the texture for the color of the light. It still does not look very good:

Road Girls 3.png

This is the bumper cap now using Rafal's new code:

Road Girls 4.png

I learned a trick using Rafal's code on other lights that I used here. You can set the glow radius higher than you think it should be and then set the glow brightness low. This will extend the glow so it is wider but still not be too bright. This is the code I used with the fail safe included:

If BAM_VERSION => 310 then
BumperExt.SetLitColor 255, 255, 255
BumperExt.SetUnlitColor 84, 84, 84
BumperExt.GlowRadius = 70
BumperExt.GlowBrightness= 0.4
BumperExt.Brightness = 1.6
End If

Rafal hasn't released the beta BAM version yet but it works. I left the bumper color set up on the table like the 3rd screenshot above and set the color differently in the script in case the fail safe prevents the new code from running. That way the bumper will look as good as it can. If you use the fail safe, you will need to add this line of code somewhere in the script:

Const BAM_VERSION = 0

Last edited:
I have completed the Rock Music library file that can replace the Country Music library file. This finishes the table. Gimli decided to take a break so I will go ahead and publish the table. When Gimli comes back, we will work on the animated version. I will publish version 1.2 when we finish the animated version. ...Or at least that is the current plan.

Sounds good
publish the table And let's see what your new skills have produced
Thanks

I am in the writing stage right now so it shouldn't be long.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back