Jungle Girl (Original) fpx (Preview Release)

SS Original Table BAM FP Jungle Girl (Original) fpx (Preview Release) rc1

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
As to the playability, yes, I spent a lot of time trying to get a "character" with gameplay. The truly great SS games had a certain feel to them, and they certainly had a personality especially compared to the modern games where it feels like you are playing to a stop watch.
It really is amazing what you did, and how you did it. I still have much to discover, but still...

When I first saw the layout and heard the sound-set, my immediate thought was 'okay, this is another cool Bally 70's - 80's tribute, like Dave Sanders (Eala Dubhe Sidhe) used to do.' Which is pure praise in my book.

Well... nah. Nothing against Dave / Eala, but this one is on a new level IMO.

Last edited:
Stop it Nic, you're making me blush.

Glad you like it, I just love the old Bally classic designs, was raised on them, so just wanted to do them justice. The game may not be very noticeable or as promoted compared to others out there, but this is for us who just like to play the old school tables.

About time I showed this off a bit. Maybe more people will play it then.

A quick preview of Jungle Girl fpx v1.1 for Future Pinball/BAM, now in development. This features the new changes and shows off the new shivaDynamicFlippers with the variable coil strength feature. You can set these new flippers to emulate the flippers used in the 1950's all the way up to a modern Stern in terms of behavior, and you now have "ball loft" and "flick" capabilities as well as some voodoo to the flipper wall method I use for shivaFlippers. This is still in development, but is about 95 percent done. The blank audio portion is for voices to be (hopefully) added, and there are minor adjustments needed for the custom physics. The game itself has had a lot of minor tweaks across the board, and made a slight bit faster and harder.

There are 2 videos, the first where I had a bad game and forgot to switch off my microphone when I was playing a old Gladys Knight record (Content police!!!)

And the second playthrough, this time I show the settings from the script, as well as my video settings. Much better game for me and I stopped trying to show off, fail and just played the game. I try to demonstrate some of the more advanced features of the flippers in both videos, maybe successful 1 out of 10 times, but when successful, you can see that these are not the FP flippers and physics your grandpa hated.

Despite the fact I play horribly, every once in a while you see the "loft" capability and a couple pinball tricks that I will never be able to duplicate a million times with the flippers, like that nice drop catch and quick transfere to the other flipper in the second video. Everything across the board has been improved slightly, even a couple graphics changes.

This uses FP/BAM as a base starting point, and every trick in the playbook I have to get it to play better than that. Honestly, I can't think of even a vpx game that plays like this even with it's "perfect physics". In fact, most vpx games are "too perfect" and lack character and play ability, and come off as too dull and "by the book" for my tastes. Jungle Girl is so different than anything else, because even though this is early in development for my newest physics, JG is still one hell of a great playing table. The game playability is as good if not better than anything else out there that I have come across, so really you should consider this the start of a third type of physics as compared to FP/Bam or VPX.

For those of you who do not have Jungle girl, you can find the first version here:

Last edited:
Thank you. In the release, I have a image for wheel making. I've noticed the letters and image is a bit fuzzy and there's no black borders. If you send me the wheel image I can fix that pretty easily, as I have the master photoshop files.

Thank you. In the release, I have a image for wheel making. I've noticed the letters and image is a bit fuzzy and there's no black borders. If you send me the wheel image I can fix that pretty easily, as I have the master photoshop files.

Attachments

• backglass.png
    backglass.png
    671.4 KB · Views: 82
Actually, it's that big round metal thing I would need. Don't bother, if people want to use that fine, saves me from doing one. I understand people want consistency with their wheel images with big round things, personally, I don't like it because it just doesn't match the theme and looks out of place and sticks out like a sore thumb.
Still, thank you for you taking the time to do this, helps out quite a bit.

Well, thought I had included the wheel image in the High res folder with JG, but apparently not. Found my psd file, and did some extra quick work and a couple touch-ups on it, so this would be my alternative wheel image.

Attachments

• JungleGirl_wheel.png
    JungleGirl_wheel.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 88
rc2 is now being tested for keyboard and cabinets. As the shivaFlipper coding has been completely rewritten and uses triggers as opposed to timers, it could be a while if any issues should pop up. Once we get the settings hammered down for the shivaFlipper presets (there's 5, plus you can add your own) then v1 will be released here. Sorry for the delay, I was trying to get around a FP thing, but finally gave up. Maybe someone like Rav or Gimli might have a solution, or see if there was something I missed.

I've only had a few mins to give it a whirl.

Beautiful table.

Unfortunately, I'm probably not the best choice for judging realistic physics.... but it plays really nice to me.

It's taking a bit of a brain adjustments to get used to flippers that aren't just full on / off.... at least on FP.

Last edited:
Toujours pas de High Score enregistrable , normal svp ?

yeah terry, I did warn people it takes quite a adjustment because we are all so use to the crappy fp flippers for 15 years, and these are very different. It was tough just figuring out the presets for this, because just not use to the behavior of the flippers, because even changing the base settings results in some pretty dramatic differences. (even though the settings themselves are very liberal now, as I set this to my playing style, which is pretty bad and very slow) Certain vpx guys might blow a vein with this though, the fact FP is actually playable and in fact is getting better...

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • Free Bally! @ Free Bally!:
    what, no "empowering personal growth"??
    • Haha
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
  • JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Squirrel Nut Zippers!
    Reactions: Free Bally!
    (AI prompt) describe Squirrel Nut Zippers
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, Squirrel Nut Zippers are a swing revival band that formed in North Carolina in the early 1990s. They are known for their unique blend of jazz, blues, and swing music, as well as their energetic and theatrical live performances. The band's music often features elements of vaudeville and cabaret, with a playful and whimsical approach to storytelling.

Some of Squirrel Nut Zippers' most popular songs include "Hell," "Put a Lid on It," and "Ghost of Stephen Foster." The band's sound is characterized by lively horns, upbeat tempos, and frontman Jimbo Mathus' distinctive vocals.

Overall, Squirrel Nut Zippers have carved out a niche for themselves in the music industry with their eclectic and vintage-inspired sound, earning a dedicated fan base and critical acclaim for their inventive and infectious music.
    obviously, their top hit was "Zoot Suit Riot"
    John Valby.....:mrhappy:
    The Pot Head Pixies!?
    Wonder if Doctor Dirty ever handed out prescription slips?
    • Haha
    Valby had elves, then pixies, now Fairies!
    04-07 Black Sabbath – Paranoid 204 – Fairies Wear Boots (1970)
    Paranoid is still in my top 20!
    "smokin and trippin is all you do" .. so it fits the theme!
    Crank it Up!
    I'm in an Amazon blues day, ordered for the 1st time in a while and they screwed it up...
    wring thing, or never arrived?
    *wrong
    wrong, but they got a lot right...:hack:
    Ha Hobbits!
    Confused Lord Of The Rings GIF by Xbox
    a real hobbit didn't show up....
    Well i gave up Azon, quit Prime. Specfnck-trum can't deliver bandwidth to watch video anyway
    I only have prime rarely after I order.
    Luckily, there's a green spraypaint line drawn across the parking lot, curious at first, but now believe it's where the fiber-optic folks plan to run a cable across from the road!
    Hopefully will soon be free from Spectrape!
    (AI prompt) describe Tenfold Loadstar
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, Tenfold Loadstar is a term used to describe something or someone that is exceptionally powerful, influential, or successful. It suggests that the individual or thing in question is ten times more impressive or impactful than others in its category. This term is often used to emphasize the extraordinary nature of a particular achievement or attribute.
    failbot
      Free Bally! @ Free Bally!: failbot
      Back