7,050 units (confirmed)​
Theme:
Outer Space - Space Fantasy​
Notable Features:
Design by:
Art by:
Sound & Software:
Notes:
This playfield layout was also used on Rowamet's 'Heavy Metal' and Taito do Brasil's 1983 'Vortex'. A nearly identical layout was used on Williams' 1982 'Warlok'.

The first game designed and produced with Lane Change was Williams' 1980 'Firepower'.

Blackout was the first Williams pin game to have computer-controlled general illumination, used for the "BLACKOUT" sequence. This was accomplished using a relay mounted to the backbox floor, called the G.I. Relay, which cut power to all playfield lamps. An earlier game that has this feature is Stern's 1980 'Galaxy' which came out a few months before.

Compare the backglass artwork to the front cover page of the November 1968 issue of the Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. comic book!

Artist Constantino Mitchell told us the following information about the original backglass artwork (shown in this listing):

I want Ed Paschke to get credit for Blackout backglass design. He did the original art concept. Ed Paschke was my teacher and mentor at the Art Institute of Chicago. His usage of color influenced me for the rest of my life. Upper management didn't like the artwork and had me redo it in my style.
Blackout JPSalas.jpg
ROM------------------>
Reactions: hawyer

Latest updates

1. Resource entry now fully restored

Added IPDB highlights (quite a lot of interesting stuff for this one), plus the original and...

Latest reviews

' *************************************************
' Blackout VP9 by JPSalas
' Based on the Williams table from 1980
' Blackout / IPD No. 317 / June, 1980 / 4 Players
' Version 1.0
' *************************************************
Just plain excellent.
I personally love these aesthetics.
Easily adapted to 16:9
Upvote 0
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Ok, keep in touch!
      Back