Country Carnival (Original) VP8

VP8 Flipperless Original Table Country Carnival (Original) VP8 v1.2

No permission to download
by Terry Briggs & tiltjlp

NOTE: This table was originally coded to use the VPMIDI extension in order to play the background music. If you don't want to bother with that, or can't get it to work, you can simply erase or comment out the line "StartMidi" near the top of the script. You could also play the MIDI file manually in an external player, such as Winamp or Foobar2000, etc.

This contains all the mid sounds.

A table with 6 flippers from The Bagatelle Man. Ball launches slowly from top center. Needs the VPMIDI plugin. Based on a nostalgia article I had published.

Country Carnival Info & Rules
c Copyright 2002 by Terry Briggs & John L Patton, tiltjlp. Documentation c Copyright 2002 by John L Patton, tiltjlp.

An original VP table based upon a concept and boyhood memories of tiltjlp. Design and scripting by Terry Briggs, concept, testing, and documentation by John L Patton, tiltjlp.

While some of the images and sounds used for Country Carnival may not be in the public domain, many are. Also, the concept and implementation of this concept, as well as the scripting, this documentation, and the two short
stories which are included within the zipped file are original, and as such are copyrighted and protected from unauthorized use. This table may only be hosted on sites that both authors approve of in writing.

Terry Briggs may be contacted by e-mail at [email protected], and John L
Patton, tiltjlp, may be contacted by e-mail at [email protected]. You may not
host or distribute Country Carnival in any form without prior permission from both authors.

The ball image has been replaced with a tiny icon of a person, which is you visiting the Country Carnival. Many rides and lots of fun await you during your day at John's Country Carnival. Enjoy yourself, and remember, laughter is required, so don't hold back a bit. Those who know the name tiltjlp will be surprised to see me involved with a flippered table, much less one that has SIX of them. The reason is simple, this is a super fun game, and all 6 flippers are needed to keep up with all the silliness.

The special areas which will award you big points, and which high scores are kept track of are as follows:

The Outhouse, just in case . . . 2000 points
The Superslide . . . 2000 points
The Popcorn Cart . . . 1500 points
The Dunking Tank . . . 2000 points
The Test Of Strength . . . 1500 points
The Money Mania . . . 2500 points

The eight circus wagons along the bottom of the table keep track of how many times you hit the Superslide, the Dunking Tank, The Popcorn Cart, & The Test Of Strength in each game, as well as your High Totals for each. The Outhouse
hits are shown discretely atop the Restrooms, and Carnival Dollars won during Money Mania are shown on the Carnival Dollars to the left of the table.

BTW, those three blinking Clown Noses between each pair of flippers are ball savers, but each time you hit one, you lose 100 points from your score. But as you'll find out, it's a small penalty to pay, and the rewards can be well worth the price. Listen for the Honk of the Clown Noses, they add to the fun,
and besides, you might as well listen, at 100 points off per Honk.

And yes, that voice you'll hear is a familiar one, none other than Homer J Simpson, a clown in his own right. And now, let's find out more funny ways to rack up the points.

Yellow bumpers score 100 points each Red bumpers, and Red/Yellow umbrella bumpers score 250 points Blue bumpers, and Blue/Yellow umbrella bumpers score 500 points
Green bumpers score 750 points All other bumpers, Posts/Bar Stools/Bushes score 50 points Slingshots score 50 points

Food Court drop targets, 10 of them, score 250 points, and will reset once all of them have been dropped, unless you are in Money Mania mode. Then they will only be reset once Money Mania is activated. They also reset when a ball is lost.

Money Mania Mode

All 10 Food Court drop targets must be hit in order to Expose the Money Mania Kicker, which is located near the Restrooms. If the ball is lost before the Money Mania Kicker is hit, everything is reset for the next ball.

When the Money Mania Kicker is hit, Money Mania begins with the appearance of the Money Mania drop targets and the playing of Fireworks. Money Mania mode continues until the ball is lost, at which time everything is reset of the next ball. When the ball drains during Money Mania mode, that same ball will be returned to play, in effect giving you an extra ball.

In Money Mania there are two banks of 5 targets, and each bank is independent of one another. The drop target values are as follows:

1st targets 2000 points
2nd targets 4000 points
3rd targets 6000 points
4th targets 8000 points
5th targets 10000 points

The 5th targets do not drop, but will reset that bank of targets. Money Mania Carnival Dollars are tracked as noted earlier, and are added to your score at the end of the game.

I'm much more experienced with bagatelle and flipperless tables, so I asked Terry for some game strategy pointers, and his advice was to "Get into Money Mania mode and they work the flippers like a fool". Or in this game, like a clown.

Both Terry and I hope you find John's Country Carnival as much fun to play as the two of us do. I've been a fan of Terry's wonderful tables for quite some time, and thank him for helping me bring some of my fondest memories back to
life again. I hope you'll enjoy reading the two stories I've included within this file, and that you'll share them with your children, if you have any.
  • Country Carnival v1.2.jpg
    Country Carnival v1.2.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 143
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back