KISS (1979 Bally) by Popotte, v1.10d
IPDB No. 1386
IPDB HIGHLIGHTS:
Production:
17,000 units (confirmed)​
Theme:
Celebrities - Licensed​
Notable Features:
Flippers (2), Pop bumpers (4), Slingshots (2), Standup targets (8), Spinning targets (2), 4-bank drop targets (1), Right outlane detour gate. Backglass light animation (letters in K-I-S-S light up when scored, animate during Game Over).

Maximum displayed point score is 999,990 points per player.​
Design by:
Art by:
Notes:
Used a different power supply than the other 3rd generation tables.

The games shipped to Germany had backglasses and playfields with the word KISS having a rounded letter "S" instead of ones shaped like a lightning bolt "S" taken from the runic alphabet. The latter style was used as a double-sig logo and made infamous by Nazi Germany's Schutzstaffel.
A 'Kiss' prototype was built which used speech. It was an emergency response to Williams' 1979 'Gorgar', the first talking pinball machine, so Bally pulled a game off of the production line to experiment with, and Kiss happened to be the game in production. Allan Reizman, Engineering Lab Supervisor at Bally from 1977 to 1983, shares his remembrances of this:

The talking Kiss prototype did make it out of the lab at least once and was displayed at the 1979 AMOA show in Chicago where it was viewed by all. I believe it said things like, "Shoot the K" and "Kiss!" when you completed a Kiss row. Somebody recently reminded me it groaned, "Too much Rock and Roll!" when you tilted it.

The game was only done as a one-time concept.
  • KISS_PF.jpg
    KISS_PF.jpg
    891.2 KB · Views: 271
  • KISS_F8.jpg
    KISS_F8.jpg
    610.1 KB · Views: 256
  • KISS_TAB.jpg
    KISS_TAB.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 222
  • Flyer2.jpg
    Flyer2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 99
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back