Tri-Score (Genco, 1950) VP99

VP9 Genco EM Recreation Tri-Score (Genco, 1950) VP99 v1.0 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Tri-Score (Genco 1950) VP9.9
IPD No. 2640

New VP9.9 Build of the Genco game Tri-Score. Genco released Tri-Score in January of 1951. IPDB indicates that the designer and artist are unknown. However, it is likely Harvey Heiss or Steve Kordek were the designers, as they were the flipper game designers at Genco at this time. It is not known how many of this game were originally produced.

Genco's time in flipper games was short, about a decade from 1948 to 1958. They still innovated in pinball games, however, among other ways by being the first to use lower voltage DC instead of AC for flippers and coils using selenium rectifiers which came into being after the war.

In a 2007 interview with Clay Harrel, Steve Kordek remembered of those times that "since I was in charge of electrical work I was able to do tricks with the coils that nobody in the industry could do. ... [F]irst of all we didn’t have to have a {scoring] motor to run all the equipment. I could run it just by the coils, with the relays operating to do the work that we wanted. ... We were the ONLY ONES, all the way to the end (1958), that had D.C. in our games." Steve Kordek worked at Genco from 1937 to 1958. He next went to Williams in 1960.

From the various photos I could find of Tri-Score, I was unable to be certain if the post between the flippers was part of the original game, or if it was added on by others later. So I made this game able to either have that post or eliminate it using the "4" key. As with all of my games, pressing the "R" key will display the game rules and feature keys.
  • triscore99ss_DIb.jpg
    triscore99ss_DIb.jpg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 158
Author
pbecker1946
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Ok, keep in touch!
      Back