Williams Pitch and Bat Solved Base Hit (Williams, 1967) 2nd coin relay problem

Jonas 11

Pinball Player
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
North Star
Hi I’ve taken a Base hit Williams machine from the dead and have it 99 percent in working condition. One thing I can not find the problem .The 2nd coin relay will not trip when the credit button is hit the second time. I have clean and adjusted transfer relay the coin relay the start relay. 2nd coin relay . Can any one help with a diagnose or suggestion.

Solution
Hi Dave, I got it working 2nd player only one issue if you could direct me where I could make an adjustment .When 1st player game is over 2nd player is activated . When 2nd player game is over I hit credit button to restart new game , game resets but it stays on 2nd player should go back to 1st player any suggestions?
It sounds like the 2nd player relay is not latching correctly when the bank resets.
Electrical things to check with machine unplugged
Score motor cam 6 switch A
This cam is next to the last cam . And only has 1 switch on it. This is the bank reset switch, lightly file clean switch , manually turn cams until switch falls into cam low spot, adjust gap if needed .
The bank reset circuit also goes thru a normally...
Hi I’ve taken a Base hit Williams machine from the dead and have it 99 percent in working condition. One thing I can not find the problem .The 2nd coin relay will not trip when the credit button is hit the second time. I have clean and adjusted transfer relay the coin relay the start relay. 2nd coin relay . Can any one help with a diagnose or suggestion.
In order for the 2nd coin relay to pull in the transfer relay must be pulsed and stayed pulled in when the coin relay tries to add the 2nd player when the credit button is pushed.

In order for the 2nd coin relay to pull in the transfer relay must be pulsed and stayed pulled in when the coin relay tries to add the 2nd player when the credit button is pushed.
Hi would the transfer lock in on the score motor keep the transfer relay in

Hi does the transfer lock on the score motor hold transfer relay inn
The transfer relay once pulsed. Stays pulled in by the Normally open hold switch on the Transfer relay and 2 circuits.
The 1st circuit involves the score motor index cam normally open switch A, which means that if the score motor is running and the transfer relay is pulled in, And the score motor Returns to home position the transfer relay might release.
This switch doesn’t come in to play after the machine resets and waiting for the credit button to be pushed for 2nd player because the score motor isn’t running and at it’s home position and it’s switch is open.
The 2nd circuit involves a series circuit of normally closed switches. On the tilt relay, curve relay, fast relay, and player relay. If any of these switches is dirty or not making contact, the transfer relay will not stay pulled in, not allowing the 2nd player to be added.

Hi Dave, I got it working 2nd player only one issue if you could direct me where I could make an adjustment .When 1st player game is over 2nd player is activated . When 2nd player game is over I hit credit button to restart new game , game resets but it stays on 2nd player should go back to 1st player any suggestions?

It sounds like the 2nd player relay is not latching correctly when the bank resets.
Electrical things to check with machine unplugged
Score motor cam 6 switch A
This cam is next to the last cam . And only has 1 switch on it. This is the bank reset switch, lightly file clean switch , manually turn cams until switch falls into cam low spot, adjust gap if needed .
The bank reset circuit also goes thru a normally open switch on the transfer relay, switch has br and red wires. Check the operation of this as well.
Mechanical things to check with machine unplugged.
With all latch ins tripped, manually reset the bank by pushing in on plunger. When the reset arm pushes up all the latch ins does it have a little extra movement? Sometimes a reset coil frame might have slotted holes for adjustment.
The slides where the coil arm and the switch arm meet may be gummed up. Try q tips dipped in 91% isopropyl alcohol to clean those slides so that they operate normally.

Solution
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back