6 test vpm tables for VP9

jpsalas

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
On my web site you'll find 6 vpm tables for you to download and try with VP9.
They work only under VP9 since they use many things only available in VP9, both in the editor and in the script.
Those tables include my new fading lights based on the new light system of VP9. But the script to run them still it is based on PD's fading lights system. They also include new graphics, but not all them finished, and my new wire ramps.
These are the tables I chose to test VP9, and even if I can't run them with the hardware rendering ,because of my computer not being compatible with the actual version of VP9, they play fairly well without it.

I chose the tables that had some special meaning to me:

AFM and MM : my two preffered tables.
Taxi: my first vpm table
Kiss: the table I used to learn VP, I think I made 100 versions of it
smile.gif

TFCT: to test how the shaking motor affects the ball, and how the new wire ramps looks
TOTAN: I just wanted to make my own lamp for it
smile.gif
, and a good table to test the new flipbook dropwalls

The tables don't use any decal or reel, so change the angle as you like. read the info for some tips about to use the other backdrops and change the backdrop settings. These tables are beta, so they are for testing VP9.

JP <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_12064-->

Yesterday I had some trouble uploading the web site, but now it is updated
smile.gif
, with the links under the pictures.

Hey Bob :) I thought you would like a new Spidey table :) It is a wip, and it will take still a long time before it is playable. I'm trying to make some rules similar to the Stern table. And it requires a lot of programming. So I use it to learn to program a little more.

JP

Hi JP, good to see you back on the scene:wave:! The tables look very good and I've played MM without any problem:)!
Great work as ever, thank you!

Have a nice weekend!

Last edited:
Hi ! I was try AFM today . I think the physics and lights work really cool in vp9. I find some Problems (not in the table) In Vp9 the slingshot sometimes kick the ball, but it's not "sling" (no sling animation). I was adjust the Hit threshold from 1 to 0,1 and it's work fine.

Thank's for Shareing! (SORRY FOR BAD LANGUAGE)

Robert:dance::guitar:

Hi again, I've tested TOTAN, TFTC and MM, excellent work! No problems at all, VP9 works fine only a little stutter at multiball:)!

Thanks again!

Thanks for VP9 update Tables and the Spiderman Table looks fantastic

:cheers:

It's me again, I've played all tables and I can only say

THANK YOU JP!!

All tables better as in VP8, it's amazing!

I never thought that VP9 is working so fine on my PC!

Last edited:
Totan beta found a bug.

When i press R key i have script erro line 905 (card)

Great Job!!!!

Thanks JP, they all play well, I love the lack of predictability and speed.

PS: You need to change the definitive version and spelling of DISARM-a-GEDDON and the version1.32 for vp8.1. The vp9 is 1.4 from 1.32, is that correct?

Still have a problem with El Dorado and the triple credit sounds on replay but no credits awarded and the same exact problems with fast draw also. .....when you get a chance to debug!!

Have a wonderful weekend and summer!!

Nice looking tables JP, I've only tried Taxi thus far and have found no bugs as such. The table plays way too easy I believe a lot of this is due to the bigger VP9 ball and the middle gap between the flippers being that narrow that it's impossible to lose a ball SDTM. Also the nudging is just ridiculous, although I gather this is a VP9 flaw, still perhaps it could be toned down somewhat.

Oh and just for the record I'm getting between 250 and 550 FPS, so no speed issues at all at least with TAXI running on an Sempron64 3100+ ( socket 754, single channel memory, 1.8Ghz ), 1Gb DDR 400 and a nvidia 6800GS 256MB on XP SP3.

Thank you JP.

Thanks for all your comments!

@gordon:Yes, the "R" key isn't working, since I'm still working in another way of displaying the rules. The old way of displaying the rules is ok (a script window), but it is limited to 255 characters and you need the mouse to close the window (not very practical). The reel as used with Groni's tables doesn't work in VP9 due to the transparency issue with the VP9 and reels. I'm looking at a way of displaying text in another way, where I can hit the "R" key and when I release the "R" key the text disappears. I have something (using html) but it is working only with a timer. This is one of the reasons the tables are still beta.

@ANDROID: About el dorado and fast draw, that's controlled by the ROM, nothing to do either with the script or the table. I guess you need to press F6 and setup some options there. And if that isn't working then it means that the F6 sub isn't right for the table and then it is a job for Inkochnito, since h wrote those F6 subs. I know nothing about those subs :) I guess it is a matter to set up the right dip switches.

@StevOz: Nice to know the table works with a 6800 graphic card since I can get one of those for my system :). My PC still is of the old kind with an AGP graphic card. I'm using an Ati x1950 and it works really fine for anything but the VP9. I also have an older Nvidia 4400 but VP9 doesn't want to run with hardware rendering.

JP

I'm running VP9 with Vista, IntelCore2 Duo, 2,2GHz, 2GB Ram and nvidia
8400GS (not expensive!) 256mb!
No problems with the tables by JP, very smooth, just a little stutter at multiball:)!

JP, are you using a image over 1024 by chance? I tried Taxi, and TOTAN, and neither pf image displays at all on the main table. It's just a very small section stretched out. Another common VP problem with a lot of peoples computers

Last edited:
All the images are max 1024x1024. If I use bigger images they don't display right in my computer either.

Maybe what you need is to remove the hardware rendering. I saved the tables with it on.

JP

I did, I've noticed that my computer seems to be real special for that, but then every other computer I have can't display over sized images. Must be something else on top of that with mine.

Actually, I just noticed another bizarre thing.

Images on top of a wall display sharper in VP8 than they do in VP9, especially as the walls are higher. That's really weird.

VP9 is way slower as well, but that would be the extra physics I guess.

Figured it out. Images should be saved in 24 bit mode bmp in photoshop, and not 32. At least, the pf images work fine like that, but 32 bit will stretch out and caused the same problem in Playboy xse. Just appears to be the image attached to a pf though.

If you reload a table with the main image saved to 24 bit, easy enough to test and see if it works.

I see what you mean about Kiss, but I'm making "one size fits all" kind of cabinet. And since the tables are angle independent it will be possible to adjust the sice and position of the table so it fills more or less the cabinet. Most probably I'll choose a new default cabinet for my VP9 tables, with instructions and parameters to change to get the other views. And then it will be up to the player to set the tables to their likings.

JP

@Shiva: Yes, VP9 is slower than VP8 when used without hardware rendering. But now that I have a card which is supported by VP9 (I have an AGP Nvidia 6800GT) then I see a VP9 with a very good speed, and even during multiballs still plays very well. But I still have problem using images bigger than 1024x1024. Without hardware rendering they render like in VP8 (washed out at the bottom) and with hardware rendering then I just get an error about not being able to render... bla...bla. I guess it is a limit of the card or the routines used in VP9 which are targeted to the next generation cards (the 7600 used in the Ultracade cabinets, at least I think it was the 7600).

JP

I have uploaded the tables here at PN, so go and get them :)
There is also a backdrop pack if you want to change the default view.

JP

Thanks JP, I'll be sure to check them out all the betas were very good already. I'm hoping you managed to reduce the memory requirements for TOTAN, my 256MB 6800GS couldn't handle the beta @ 1600x1200 either and it would be a shame to have to lower the resolution to play it.

I have a 6800GT, also with 256Mb, and TOTAN runs fine at 1400x1050 which is the 4:3 resolution of my monitor. But if a use the 16:9 view at 1650x1050 then it gives me the error "cannot ...". I guess it is because of too much images. I tried to reduce them as much as I could, but the error may be another thing, but I can't find out what.

JP

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back