@Shocky: Why don't you direct your hate and energy into building new tables....we all know you have talent in that department...!!??

This kind of crap is a waste of life....and sometimes I truly feel sorry for you....you must be very unhappy person...!!!

I used to feel sorry for him, but I can see what nic was saying in that he has a history of acting like this. I mean it's pretty much the only way I can ever remember shockman acting in the 3 years since I've discovered VP. I don't feel sorry for the loser anymore, it is a shame and a tragedy what has happened to him though. :flush:

TheManFromPOST said:
You have bitched about;
The opening of the Argument clinic
No I didn't. I bitched about my posts being moved there that said
the real number of members who have donated
should be updated, and that other work must be done to the site, which was true and my opinion, and bitched that you were moving other posts of mine there as well and gave me no access to it. I bitched about being a supporting member and not having access to the AC. Anyone that wants access that section of the site should have it, and anyone that has their post moved there should have access to it. I have never heard anyone dissagree with that so I think anyone that you moved their posts AC would bitch about it as well. There was nothing wrong with that post that was moved there, IMO and it resulted in some of the changes being made, and I should have been able to defend it.

that Nic spelled your name 'shockman'
Yes, I bitched, but you would have to be smart, I guess, to understand what that was about, and I certainly saw everyone else acting the same over that stupid rule. This was a time when the staff was insisting that no pet names, terms of disrespect, or even respect were used, that user names had to be used exactly as the user did. I complained about that, yes, but I did not bitch about it. It was a misunderstanding that was dropped when he told me that he could not follow the staffs rule himself because of an ailment.

that we used blue print to highlight staff posts
I did not bitch about that. I asked to use pink as I recall, and agreed that anyone could use color, when it was suggested that the color be reserved for the staff. I have never thought about that since then.

that the staff of VPF would edit a post where we saw fit
Absolutely not. That the staff SHOULD edit both posts if the user and the staff both or either found them both to be offensive, and in my case, I and the staff both did, but the staff would still not do it's job. this was a direct violation of the guidelines and the purpose of having a staff, and everyone would have bitched about that. I bitched a lot about that, I know, but you know that something should have been done, and exactly what should have been done. This was not about either post, this was about the staff serving equally, something that they refused to do.

That Nic, StevOz and I are still breathing
that I have 'stolen' something from you
After much name calling, lies, setups, and cruel jokes, yes I would say something like that. You know Peter that Nic, StevOz and you have more than said crap like that to me. You have said that I was sick, insane, a listed things that you wished would happen to me places I should go, and all the same kinds of disrespect, including death, as well as doing things as well. You can understand that all I am bitching about is the fact that you would edit and move posts that were just my opinion, to a forum I had no access to, but should have, ban me for no good reason, or procedure. and follow me to the next forum and tell me that I could come back if I say this or do that and if I got the owner to let me back that you would not stand in my way. That I could get an alt. and post with it as long as I did not bring up the past events, that all I had to do was understand, that you were focusing on the positive and saying that I deserve another chance, and much much more, and learning that it was just a cruel joke, or a lie, That is what I'm talking about here. Yes I bitched about things, and yes i was truly angry about them, but I asked if you could point out something I am bitching about that anyone else would not if it was them and I have not seen that. Instead you list all the things I have bitched about. You missed the point. You might as well list the bitching about PacDude ending up with the credit for my work. If no one else would have bitched about that, then no one else would have bitched about being banned either.

bitch, bitch, bitch
and such minor little things too
nobody else is so petty as to complain about trivial matters as these
I don't think anything that I bitch about is trivial matters. I may have complained about trivial matters, but the only thing I bitch about (a constant ranting) is certainly not trivial matters. I have not read, nor have you anyone say that these are trivial matters, No one supports you on the ban, and the lies and jokes you have done to keep me upset about it so you would have an excuse why you did it in the first place.
I feel that you stoled my membership from me. I was told that I would be confined to the AC or I would not have pushed it over the money issue, which I think is all you really have. I have been let back and have not addressed these issues. I have popped in and I have not addressed these issues. I have promised you that I would not address these issues. I don't even bring them up here, though I damn well do address them here.
This last ban is a total mystery. The IP ban was dropped by AJ, I made an account and posted and disclosed my ID and was told that "everyone deserves another chance" and I still did not bring up these issues. I was told that their was something I could do as a measure of good will and I explained that I would, but that I would want my Shockman account account reinstated, and was banned because " I denied being Shockman". I told you and everyone that I was Shockman, and if Bonus2X was not then why ban him then.
I should be a member of VPF. Why? because I am a member of this hobby, because I am a VP user and release my work. Because I am a trouble shooter and know the program about as well as anyone, because I was there from the start and contributed and nothing else until I stood up for VP and refused to stand by quietly while someone stripped it of many features and limited the ones left as he said he was going to do. That I would speak up when he used it for his own purposes and did not share it with the community. That I would insist that the rules be enforce on an equal basis, and some other things that you label as trivial. Yes it's my honest opinion that those things make me a member, and a good one, not someone that should be thrown out for rocking the boat. VPF needed a bit of rocking at that time. If you weren't there then, then trust me, it's true.

You are a table modder
Table modders get banned

I gave you one chance to take them down
I gave you no options, I was not open to negotiation
you said no

Table modders are not welcome

TheManFromPOST said:
You are a table modder
Table modders get banned

you said no

Table modders are not welcome

That should be unauthorized table modders....

Q. Would someone that releases table mod(s) and not even attempt to obtain consent of the currently active author be considered an unauthorized modder?

A. Yes.

I took them down! I was willing to leave them down, though they are labeled as modable. We have to assume that it was written as authorization, what else could it mean, and what other reason to write it?
I agree with you 'Oz, I do, but read it your self, he wrote that they are authorized. Still I said I would take them down and I did. If that don't make any difference, then it don't make any difference, but you did not say it would make any difference and you could have. I took them down because I wanted membership at VPF more than I wanted to fight about this credit issue.

There is no reason for me to not be a member at VPF, none. I did not break any rules by having the mos up, and I never posted any links to them at VPF. I modded tables only that were written to be be modable and ones that were said by the author to be modable.

Still you knew I had them available, and still you said everyone deserves another chance, and I agree, everyone does. PacDude got another chance and he has not changed a bit, I have. I promised that I will never discuss the problems of the past and I won't.

How can you say you know I am using an alt. and say you are giving me another chance, and then say the reason you banned me again is that I have an alt. Because you know the mods are authorized, that's why. Not because I have an alt.

I did not delete the IP ban, there is no way I could.

you said no
If this was true they would have come down that very minute. You said it would be a gesture of good will. How does that equate to an ultimatum? It don't. I took then down as a gesture of good will, not because I changed my definition of "Free to mod , as usual" to jive with your definition of that.

Bob, Peter knows the difference. Mods are not bad. Unauthorized mods are. If you cant take what someone types up to heart then what is the point in typing it up, and how can anyone ban someone because of something they type up. This is just crazy.

We don't need to assume anything, all we need do is contact the currently active author and ask.

There are several reasons why you remained banned, you just refuse to acknowledge them.

Yes everyone deserves another chance and again you've had plenty.

No one supports you on the ban, and the lies and jokes you have done to keep me upset about it so you would have an excuse why you did it in the first place.

That's a LIE. I support them on the ban and I'm pretty sure a lot of other people do as well. Highrise won't even come here because of your presence here.

PacDude got another chance and he has not changed a bit, I have. I promised that I will never discuss the problems of the past and I won't.

Yes, that explains why I changed the core file and why you are STILL bitching about it. I think you are the one that never changes and you are full of shit.

StevOz said:
Q. Would someone that releases table mod(s) and not even attempt to obtain consent of the currently active author be considered an unauthorized modder?

A. Yes.

I was only pointing out to TMFP that he left out the word "unauthorized" but since you brought it up....

As for your statement, it is only true if permission wasn't given previously.... If I mod one of your tables, I wouldn't be required to ask permission as you have already given it. Destruk also gave a blanket permission to mod all of his work, but I think you should check with his co-authors as they might not want their work modded.

No matter what you say.... If someone gives permission to mod tables in writing, then they meant their table could be modded. I'm not saying you can't change your mind at a later date, but anything you previously released giving permission to mod in the script or table info field would still be free to mod.

You have 100's of reasons to keep Shockman banned, don't create stupid new rules.... No one ever answered me before, but are you saying if Destruk got pissed and demanded all of his work removed, that you would remove all tables containing his work?

I don't even want to discuss Shocky's mods as he was banned from VPF at the time and he is still banned, so who gives a crap about what he does? You want him to follow the VPF community rules, then maybe you should give him some incentive....

You say he has been given plenty of chances? Were these guidelines followed with Shocky?

Disciplinary Action

Disciplinary action is never a course of action enjoyed by our staff. It is a last resort used when other alternatives to redress the situation are not successful. As well, VPForums staff will not discuss disciplinary action with anyone but the concerned individuals. This policy may seem annoying to some, as it is human nature to know reasons behind actions; however our policy is consistent with most internet sites which delve into the private and confidential nature of disciplinary action.

If a member breaks one of the forum guidelines, this is how the offense will be dealt with. Note that each offense is recorded and if that same member, at some point and time in the future, breaks another guideline, it will result in an elevation in the total number of offenses.

------------------------
First Offense - Warning
Second Offense - Warning
Third Offense - Read Only status for one week
Fourth Offense - Read Only status for two weeks
Fifth Offense - Banned from this site
------------------------

Exceptions to the rule.
------------------------
An Unauthorized mod of a table will result in that individual being put on two weeks read only status.

Doing anything that is detrimental to the community, or that is done simply to harm this site or any other member will result in, at the very least, two weeks in Read Only status, or a possible ban.

------------------------

I KNOW SHOCKY HAS BEEN A TOTAL JERK AND A TOTAL ASSHOLE, BUT FOR THE LAST 10 MONTHS HE HAS BEEN BANNED FROM VPF..... GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO DO THE RIGHT THING !!!!

He was banned when he thought at worst, he would get 1 or 2 weeks of R/O.

I really, really like Nic and everyone has the right to totally dislike anyone they choose and Shocky's an excellent reason for any staff member to lose control, but he jumped the gun on permanently banning Shocky at VPF and believe me, he was permanently banned.

This whole Shocky thing has snowballed into a glacier and it's just possible that this whole situation could be resolved by unbanning him and spelling out the return conditions in writing at this forums before you let him back. You guys continue to waste your time explaining stuff to him, so why not just waste a few minutes to tell him EXACTLY what he has to do and then let him back and if he doesn't react to any of PD's whiney posts about letting him back, then the problem would be solved. If he goes nuts, then you can click his ban button again, but at least you would never have to explain over & over to him why he's banned.

Seriously, this stuff is getting old.... At least try to solve the problem, even Nicky Special has an account at VPF.

Hey PacDude, how many tables have you done?
it's about 34 by now I think
Phil modded all of them?

2 weeks X 34 unauthorized modded tables = 68 weeks

I guess you didn't read the whole post....

Pacdude has ONLY released a couple of tables that you could consider to be unauthorized. 2 x 2 = 4 weeks....

You know, when PD was banned for 10 months, he was not a happy camper either and posted violent shit just like Shocky, obviously it was at another forums. AJ posted that anything said on another forums didn't fall under the VPF guidelines.

I'm not arguing for Shockman, it's just the stupid conclusions that you guys are making considering MODs.

The Unauthorized Modder said:
VPF needed a bit of rocking at that time. If you weren't there then, then trust me, it's true.

So what?
Black has gone
Leo has (virtually) gone
Mr Staypuft has gone

The old staff had moved on
You did not even want to give us a chance

You have kept up to date on what is happening at VPF, is there a bad vibe there?
Are people complaining about the heavy hand of the moderators?
are people being banned from the site?
Are people who do have an issue with how the site is run censored?

The sailing vessel VPForums has a steady breeze at our backs and full sails, I find that keeping a light hand on the tiller makes for almost perfect sailing

I am reminded of something that was posted during my first week as admin;
The Man With No Name said:
What exactly IS your sphere of influence big boss . . .

A mysterious somebody said:
You know the answer to that. You at least know you are inside it.

I've taken a pretty close look at the release notes in PD's table info, and there is no doubt that he offers the user complete freedom to mod his work. I do it often; change angles, flipper settings, minor script changes. However nowhere, in ANY of PD's releases, does he give blanket approval to RELEASE those mods publicly. Thank god PD gives complete mod freedom. I've learned a lot about VP's nuts and bolts by poking around in his tables. But I would rightfully expect to be told off if I released any of these tables I've modded. I'd have to be a moron to tack my name on to PD's tables and release them when I've done absolutely no substantive work, other than change them to my preferences, which is exactly what Electroshockman did. Unfortunately, Electroshockman has proven himself immune to self-reflection in the last year, and doesn't realize that he's not only a moron, he's a thieving, lying, vindictive moron. BTW, E-shock

but I asked if you could point out something I am bitching about that anyone else would not if it was them and I have not seen that.

If any moderator had failed (or not failed, as the case may be) to capitalize the first letter in my screen name, I would not have bitched about it. After all, it's not like I'm a moron!

ruby651 said:
I've taken a pretty close look at the release notes in PD's table info, and there is no doubt that he offers the user complete freedom to mod his work. I do it often; change angles, flipper settings, minor script changes. However nowhere, in ANY of PD's releases, does he give blanket approval to RELEASE those mods publicly. Thank god PD gives complete mod freedom. I've learned a lot about VP's nuts and bolts by poking around in his tables. But I would rightfully expect to be told off if I released any of these tables I've modded.

Ruby, all of his tables, except for the last couple have said this....

-Mods are allowed (as usual with my releases), but please label your tables as such, both in this table info section and the table and zip file names and leave my credits intact. I'd prefer you keep your own RevHistory file with a different name, but including the previous entries prior to your mod.

Why would you "label your tables as such" if he wasn't talking about releasing them? Why would he tell you to keep your own "RevHistory file with a different name" if he wasn't talking about releasing them? There is no question about the fact that his tables "were" free to mod, the question now is if you can change your mind and make people take their work down. Do you realize how many tables Destruk has worked on? It's probably more than half the tables on AJ's. If he ever changed his mind....

You certainly can come up with better reasons for keeping him banned then making up new rules.

I'm perfectly happy that he's banned, it's the ridiculous BS that continues that makes one shake his head in disbelief.

Bob. in answer to your question (sorry I did not see it earlier)
If Destruk or any one else asked for their solo tables to be removed, I would. I did so for Shockman and I also did for Rob (I think it was Rob)
The author always retains access to his work
(co-authored work is a different issue)
if they want them removed from the VPF server then I should comply
If they want to change the 'user conditions' of a table, then that should be their right as well

bob said:
StevOz said:

A. Yes.

I was only pointing out to TMFP that he left out the word "unauthorized" but since you brought it up....

Public forum, address the man by PM perhaps. ;)

bob said:
As for your statement, it is only true if permission wasn't given previously.... If I mod one of your tables, I wouldn't be required to ask permission as you have already given it. Destruk also gave a blanket permission to mod all of his work, but I think you should check with his co-authors as they might not want their work modded.

I think it would be a better idea to just check with the original author and I do wonder where you got this from?
As for your statement, it is only true if permission wasn't given previously

bob said:
No matter what you say.... If someone gives permission to mod tables in writing, then they meant their table could be modded. I'm not saying you can't change your mind at a later date, but anything you previously released giving permission to mod in the script or table info field would still be free to mod.

Is that to make public mod releases or perhaps it might be an idea to check with the original author first, I dunno, just seems totally ignorant not to do so to me or worse.

bob said:
You have 100's of reasons to keep Shockman banned, don't create stupid new rules.... No one ever answered me before, but are you saying if Destruk got pissed and demanded all of his work removed, that you would remove all tables containing his work?

No new rules have been created, imagination, such a wondrous thing. ;)

bob said:
I don't even want to discuss Shocky's mods as he was banned from VPF at the time and he is still banned, so who gives a crap about what he does? You want him to follow the VPF community rules, then maybe you should give him some incentive....

You say he has been given plenty of chances? Were these guidelines followed with Shocky?

Disciplinary Action

Disciplinary action is never a course of action enjoyed by our staff. It is a last resort used when other alternatives to redress the situation are not successful. As well, VPForums staff will not discuss disciplinary action with anyone but the concerned individuals. This policy may seem annoying to some, as it is human nature to know reasons behind actions; however our policy is consistent with most internet sites which delve into the private and confidential nature of disciplinary action.

If a member breaks one of the forum guidelines, this is how the offense will be dealt with. Note that each offense is recorded and if that same member, at some point and time in the future, breaks another guideline, it will result in an elevation in the total number of offenses.

------------------------
First Offense - Warning
Second Offense - Warning
Third Offense - Read Only status for one week
Fourth Offense - Read Only status for two weeks
Fifth Offense - Banned from this site
------------------------

Exceptions to the rule.
------------------------
An Unauthorized mod of a table will result in that individual being put on two weeks read only status.

Doing anything that is detrimental to the community, or that is done simply to harm this site or any other member will result in, at the very least, two weeks in Read Only status, or a possible ban.

------------------------

I KNOW SHOCKY HAS BEEN A TOTAL JERK AND A TOTAL ASSHOLE, BUT FOR THE LAST 10 MONTHS HE HAS BEEN BANNED FROM VPF..... GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO DO THE RIGHT THING !!!!

He was banned when he thought at worst, he would get 1 or 2 weeks of R/O.

I really, really like Nic and everyone has the right to totally dislike anyone they choose and Shocky's an excellent reason for any staff member to lose control, but he jumped the gun on permanently banning Shocky at VPF and believe me, he was permanently banned.

This whole Shocky thing has snowballed into a glacier and it's just possible that this whole situation could be resolved by unbanning him and spelling out the return conditions in writing at this forums before you let him back. You guys continue to waste your time explaining stuff to him, so why not just waste a few minutes to tell him EXACTLY what he has to do and then let him back and if he doesn't react to any of PD's whiney posts about letting him back, then the problem would be solved. If he goes nuts, then you can click his ban button again, but at least you would never have to explain over & over to him why he's banned.

Seriously, this stuff is getting old.... At least try to solve the problem, even Nicky Special has an account at VPF.

Nicky Special does?

I have always been VP's biggest fan. Building as many tables as you can does not make you a big fan. Being happy with the program and not complaining about it does. I have never complained about VP, and I have fun working with it. As it it right now, nothing is there that exclude people from re-creating any pinball table out there except for a couple that are not worth recreating imo (P2000). Even when it seemed obvious that we had the final version, I was in the minority that was happy.
Now that it is being worked on again, people are back. I never left. However, I am as excited about the progress and renewed work on VP as anyone. Randy is not using a magic wand on it, and it is not going to be enchanted. Randy is working hard, and people are going to have to work hard to use it. It is not going to be a program that would shut up anyone that has listed, complained, or thought a great deal about it's shortcomings. It's going to be better, but it is not going to be perfect. It is going to be easier, but it is not going to be easy. It's going to be fun, but it has always been.
I have never complained about VPF either, until they decided to punish me for supporting VP. That's true. The ex coauthor had plans that would have ruined VP in every opinion that I have read, by taking away everything that made VP the great creative program that it is. It would have turned it into a puzzle game like FP where you use the pieces to put together a pinball machine that acts like what the author of the program thinks it should work like. He said he was going to delete the ability to use activeball, to use ramps of any size other than a ball width, to limit settings on the elements to those that he thought was realistic, and in all respects dumb it down. Until then I was one of VP biggest contributers of money, and had no plans to back off from that. I stayed out of all arguments and worked on VP.

I lashed out at a member and said talk to the finger, and you would think I put a bullet through his head if you had seen the reaction to that one thing I had said.

Shockman said:
I lashed out at a member and said talk to the finger, and you would think I put a bullet through his head if you had seen the reaction to that one thing I had said.

But YOU are the one who escalated that incident until you threatend to have the site taken down (mountains out of molehills)

You wanted an apology from Staypuft, and when he would not give it to you. YOU virtually said 'fuck everyone else, I am the most important person here, if I cannot get one person to aplogize (ignoring the fact that the rest of the staff was trying to placate you) then no one can enjoy the site'

That is no reason, 'Post. And that is not the problem, that is just the start of it and that is why I brought it up. Yes I expected an apology for that because there was no reason for it to happen. He would not discuss it and he ran off. It was a staff action and no one on the staff would have taken that action if I was the one that was called Leo names and he was the one that said talk to the finger. That's past though, not to say that time washes anything away, but people just tire of it. The kicker here is that you, when you came on board told me that you would take me off R/O (not knowing it was voluntary, I trust), if I would agree to a 6 month probation. You are the one that wanted to keep the past shit alive and growing. My voluntary R/O was beyond your understanding, and had a reason towards getting past this, I'm surprised no one ever spilled the beans on you. Anyway I disagreed to that and you changed my account from R/O to regular as the staff had said I could do at any time, and did not mention anything about a 6 month probation again until 6 months later, when you refused to give me access to the AC, and moved my post to the AC, or deleted it, I would never know, for saying that you should not drum up monetary support until some things were fixed with the site, a tactic that worked to get some changes done. My only other complaint at that time was D/As, I thought that everyones should be erased because of some of the shit that happened during the last staff. That was a very popular request among many that had no D/As at all even, and something that you guys should have been more than happy to do. Again it is you holding on to the past and holding that against me. Everyone other than Staypuft felt the same, that that should not have happened, Leo, Loafer, lio, everyone, but you just could not bring yourself to give me a fair break. You lied to everyone when you said that I agreed to a 6 month probation and that has been proven, but that was you, so, what? It's, what? different?
It is not your place and never was nor have I ever expected you to make me happy. All I wanted was some fairness, a break, and a little bit of honesty from you. When I got banned I had on my record, unless I was lied to about that as well, one old warning. I had not served more than one week of R/O, and I was told that I would get confined to the AC for a while if I got into any trouble. This is not fair, not professional, and not honest, and yet you don't expect me to do anything but bow to you and apologize that I ever brought any of this stuff up.

Why do I still, after all this and even all the "cruel jokes" as you call them, think there is a chance that you would change your mind and release my lifetime ban? Because you are a human being, and unless you think that you are superior to me I have to think you would change your mind. I know that if you thought about it that you would believe yourself that to disagree or to complain is just not enough to ban someone that has been here from the start almost. I told you in that post that you said I refused to take down the mods that I was willing to discuss it, and you gave no indication that you would ban me if I did not do it. I took them down.

I am angry again, because I did take them down and only as a 'gesture of good will'. But if it don't make any difference if they are up or down I will put them all and more back up. I have tried to reason with you, to debate you, capitulated to your will, promised to not bring up any of that crap again, and believed your word. I have got the site owner to let me back, on a promise that the staff would not stand in the way if I could accomplish that, I have taken your advice and tried alts. and followed your guidelines for having that work, and I have told you that I can understand where you are coming from on everything including the D/A to anything other than a lifetime ban. I have apologized for my part not only to the staff, but to the membership, and I have had some decent members speak on my behalf.

Only days ago I was told that everyone deserves another chance. I have not gotten a chance, I have fell for the jokes. I was helpful and of course expressed my concerns about the fix being taken out of the core in relevant threads when I was back last. I did not bring up the past staff or the current one either.

I admit that I escalated that incident in the past, and I have admitted that before and apologized for that, but what I said was basically nothing, and as benign as could be, and there was an issue with the refusal to edit both posts, or neither. I don't mind talking about it if you wish, but I would as soon let it go. lio said on his way out after he edited the other post that it was something that should have been done a long time ago, and he was right, and in a position to understand that. That is good enough for me. And the voluntary R/O while that was happening was suppose to be the end of it. But the issue with you wanting the past to stand and the 6 month probation you wanted breathed new life into it and gave a hint of what I have come to understand much too well, there is someone that can't get over the past here, and it's not me.

I never posted "violent" posts at VPFF, Bob. That is a total fabrication. I don't threaten violence against people. VITROL is a word I might agree with, but not "violent".

Besides, unlike Shocky here, I was banned under incredibly dubious (at best) circumstances (certainly nothing that warranted the permanmant ban they claimed to be giving me even by their own rules; at most I should I have gotten 2 weeks) and others were banned for unbelievably dubious circumstances (for saying they disagreed with the staff's actions in that regard). This is common knowledge.

Shockman here was banned for repeated offenses, threats, verbal attacks, posts containing things he was repeatedly warned against posting and most importantly (IMO seeing as he does it here to the point that almost no one will even come here anymore) INVADING OTHER UNRELATED THREADS with his same personal attacks and arguments. They don't belong in every thread. They belong in ONE thread, at most.

You might have a technical point about my old tables regarding modding permissions (although he did not obey the rules in them either regarding HOW they were to be released with credits intact, clearly labeled as mods with what changes were made clearly documented, etc.), but he certainly has had BLATANTLY *NO* permission to mod Blackout or Fathom. So any arguments on his part that he was simply following 'authorized procedure' or something regarding older tables went up in smoke when he blatantly modded two tables he was NOT allowed to mod period and released them anyway.

Now you can interpret that any way you want and only count those two tables if you want, but you are not running VPF or Pinball Nirvana and they can interpret it any way they want or ask me what I think if they so choose (which PN has done and I gave them my answer, which they respected). So unless you want to run a site and enforce YOUR interpretation of what I wrote, I don't think your opinion is really all that relevant. You are not running those sites!

Furthermore, given the way he's been acting here and the way he's reacted to a change that he asked for and was given (restoration of the VBS files with all credits regarding flipper code removed), I think he's proven that he is simply INCAPABLE of controlling himself or behaving civilly. His outbursts are completely out of the realm of a sane person. No sane person would react to being given exactly what they ask for with more (to use your word) "vulgar" personal attacks. But that is exactly what he has done. There is ALWAYS something he perceives as wrong and he explodes like a stick of dynamite every time about it. If he acted this way on an airplane, he would probably be shot by an Air Marshall! He certainly would be arrested no matter what. His behavioral patterns are totally unacceptable in civilized society. I'd like to see him talk to some extremist Muslims (or worse yet about the Kremlin) like he does to everyone else. He'd likely be dead by now.

Your argument to give him another chance when he can't even behave civilly on a site where he isn't banned makes NO SENSE. He's shown that even when he gets what he wants, he STILL cannot behave himself. Therefore, I say

GAME OVER

bob said:
ruby651 said:
I've taken a pretty close look at the release notes in PD's table info, and there is no doubt that he offers the user complete freedom to mod his work. I do it often; change angles, flipper settings, minor script changes. However nowhere, in ANY of PD's releases, does he give blanket approval to RELEASE those mods publicly. Thank god PD gives complete mod freedom. I've learned a lot about VP's nuts and bolts by poking around in his tables. But I would rightfully expect to be told off if I released any of these tables I've modded.

Ruby, all of his tables, except for the last couple have said this....

-Mods are allowed (as usual with my releases), but please label your tables as such, both in this table info section and the table and zip file names and leave my credits intact. I'd prefer you keep your own RevHistory file with a different name, but including the previous entries prior to your mod.

Why would you "label your tables as such" if he wasn't talking about releasing them? Why would he tell you to keep your own "RevHistory file with a different name" if he wasn't talking about releasing them? There is no question about the fact that his tables "were" free to mod, the question now is if you can change your mind and make people take their work down. Do you realize how many tables Destruk has worked on? It's probably more than half the tables on AJ's. If he ever changed his mind....

You certainly can come up with better reasons for keeping him banned then making up new rules.

I'm perfectly happy that he's banned, it's the ridiculous BS that continues that makes one shake his head in disbelief.

I know I'm defending a loophole, Bob, but isn't that sorta what you've been doing, as well? I admit, I was curious enough to dl Eshock's "mod" of Whitewater. I know I'm a layman as far as VP goes, but (unlike many other mods I've dl in the past) there wasn't a single, truly significant change to all the hard work PD did in crafting this table. Did a few of the shots hit at a different angle? Sure, they did. They'll also hit at a different angle if one was to lengthen the flippers, as I have done on tables in the past. I just wasn't stupid and/or vindictively blind enough to release the tables I changed as a mod. I understand if you were defending Eshock solely as a way to yank PD's chain. I know you like to have your fun, and, frankly, either forum wouldn't be as enjoyable if you didn't like to have your fun. But, honestly... if I lengthened the flippers on your MAD table and released it as a mod, wouldn't you be even slightly perturbed?

I think TMFP has become an excellent admin and I think Nic was perfect for the admin job at VPF. I think Shocky was a perfect forum member before he stuck his finger in the light socket, but he knows not to do that anymore. I would really like to see this end with him getting a shot at being a member of VPF again. Seriously, give him a real chance to follow the rules.... It's only a damn pinball forum.

We are going to get this thread to 400 replies :D

Ruby, I'm not really concerned with Shocky's mods, it more about allowing someone to change their mind and then having you remove work that permission was legitimately given for. ALL of my tables are done with someone elses work as a base and I have received permission for ALL of them, but this permission wasn't asked for in most cases as these people posted that they are free to use, but I don't feel that they should be allowed to revoke their permission at a later time. For example, my MAD MAG table was made with Bendigo's template, Steve and TMFP are saying if Bendigo decides to revoke his work, then my table would become unauthorized and I say they are fuckin' nuts, to put it bluntly.

Oh, and you can't release a mod of MAD MAG with longer flippers as I have never given you or anyone permission to mod MAD MAG. :D

note of correction Bob;
I mentioned the removal of solo tables
Tables that were put together by a team would have to be viewed differently

And I doubt that someone who has supplied templates would do such a thing

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back