A depression that something may solve.

I really like pinball, but I also like to do crazy hobbies tattooing vehicles :geek::geek::geek:

Not a lot to collect with pinball (real machines take up so much room), but having hundreds of virtual pinball tables on one's computer is a nice exception.....

Never been a gambler, especially if my own hands aren't holding the pool cue or table tennis 'bat' (the Hoi Polloi call it a paddle). Cards? Fugg Git it!

Gregg

Last edited:
Not a lot to collect with pinball (real machines take up so much room), but having hundreds of virtual pinball tables on one's computer is a nice exception.....

Never been a gambler, especially if my own hands aren't holding the pool cue or table tennis 'bat' (the Hoi Polloi call it a paddle). Cards? Fugg Git it!

Gregg
what? i thought the hoi polloi called it a "bat" or "paddle," and the game "ping pong," but we serious players call it a racquet, and the sport, table tennis.

i mean, hey-- when a single sheet of rubber costs $50 or more...!

Tattooing-vehicles.jpg

or...?

A-hot-rod-car-tattoo-on-the-forearm-shows-how-the-engine-of-this-hot-rod-has-been-modified.jpg

Collecting tattoos on your body is really cool, but my gut is thin for this))) so I collect pictures with pictures of cars

Ah, Dick Dale.

Summertime will be coming up not too long from now. I might have to give some BB tunes a try on karaoke nights.

One thing I've learned-- singing at home is a -lot- easier than going on stage and doing it in noisy circumstances, to a crowd that's largely indifferent to the stuff I tend to like. Also, the more I sing, the more I realise how limited my voice is. It really has been a challenge across multiple fronts.

Apologies to all; when that Dick Dale article was forwarded to me eight days earlier, I didn't notice that it was already 3-1/2 years old, and Dick lost his long battle with cancer ( first diagnosis at age 28 ) on Saturday night, the 16th, just hours after my post.

His widow, Lana, had no time to prepare for what inevitably would follow, and a longtime friend has opened a GoFundMe page for her benefit:

https://www.gofundme.com/zk6bax

GSG

His widow, Lana, had no time to prepare for what inevitably would follow...
Like... 50+ years wasn't enough time? :o

Reminds me a little bit of Tessa Dick's situation. Last wife of arguably the greatest SF author of all time, and major proprietor of his works, and she's apparently in poor health and financial straits.

Problem is, I think PKD typically agreed to immediate cash for his manuscripts, signing away future rights. Maybe the other Dick did something similar...

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back