A Mame resolution question

Itchigo

Former Operator
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
All Of Them!!
I want to build a bartop, and I have an old TV I'd like to use. I'd like to turn the monitor sideways, but the screen is too tall to be practical. What I'd like to do is rotate Mame and use the top 2/3 of the screen as the remainder will hide below, reducing the height of the turned monitor.

I know people have done this in vp for a DMD, but the only setting I see in Mame is auto. I'm using Mame .0153 64 bit in Windows 7. It's an old PC, but more than enough for those old 8 bit games.

Any ideas how to do this?

I seem to recall a hack or different MAME-build for this long ago, when Persians ruled the Middle East, and dinosaurs would eat peanuts out of my hand.

You mean, so that the extra cab art (etc) can be outputted in unused monitor areas you describe, right?

Last edited:
Ike: No. I want to hide the unused portion of the monitor entirely because the screen I have was too big for a bartop.

Steveoz has it right, but I wanted to use the top half of the monitor because what I had was too long.

It looks like what I have won't work. I'll just break down and get a 20" screen when I'm back to work. Thanks guys.

I do have a PI Zero laying around, but I inherited an old desktop that I put 7 on that I'm going to use. After all, old Mame takes almost nothing to run and I wouldn't be able to use this PC for anything else anyway. I was thinking of putting the PI in the car if the head unit goes out.

Oh, and I found a guy on FB who has a NIB 19" 4:3 monitor for 30$.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: studiosix is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back