A site name change, maybe?

Like this?

Attachments

• logo_115.gif
    logo_115.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 389
That's fantastic shiva, thanks loads. Now to see if it works.

John

PS: Well, I couldn't change it from a menu, so rather than risk any major foul-ups, I'll leave things as they are. Hope Jon returns soon so he can make the switch.

Since it's the exact size, and format, you just need to save the old gif, (of course) and then over right it in the ftp with the new one. You will have to rename it logoshort.gif and put it in proper folder in your themes directory. (I believe it's called atSeaBreeze)

If you mess up, then just reload in the old image, but if you just overwrite the image, it will just display the new one. No coding needed.

Oh, I rebuilt it and saved it as a photoshop image, so the text is all adjustable etc. If you need it, and have photoshop I can send it. Changing the text and the effects takes less time than loading it in as a file attachment. Just a layer over the background, and I fixed a couple things with the bg. If you know someone with ps, and you need a blank background without the text, easy enough to do. Takes 2 minutes to change the text and text style with photoshop.

Thanks, but I have PhotoShop myself. About all I can do with it is rotate, crop, and clarify. I guess I will try renaming the two logo files, I just get antsy doing anything I could mess up. What I get frustrated about are all the things I've learned the past few years but never use any more.

You had me learn the basics of HMTL, and I never use it. Then Jon had me learn Dreamweaver, and I never use that. And you might be able to teach old dogs new tricks, but it isn't easy. Well, it kept me off the streets.

John

A Huge thanks to shiva!!!!!!

Not only did shiva redo our logo banner, but he also told me the correct place to put it in our site's endless folders so that I could make the name change official.

And while I'm at it, I might as well thank some other folks who have lent me support with Pinball Nirvava. Kinsey and Scott encouraged both Jon and me when we first started The Magic Of Flipperless a bit over two years ago.

Jon deserves a lot of credit not only for bringing our site back to life when our host was lost, but also for keeping it going while I was absent. But most of all for giving me the OK to make any changes I wanted, and meaning it.

Druadic, who I dearly miss, as many of you do too, gets a thumbs up, because without his 50 plus tables, we probably never would have started this site, because back then, 3 out of 4 tables were his. I wonder if I threatened to remove his table, would that get him back to the VP scene? :(

Stevoz has been not only a great help here, first as a moderator and now as an Admin, but also uses his wry sense of humor to ease my panic when I can't figure how to do something, which is almost a daily happening. He downplays his role here, but he's been a good friend and a voice of reason for me. For a youngster, he's a super mate.

And needless to say, both Jon and I owe a debt of thanks to all of of members and guests. Without everyone of you, there wouldn't be much sense of having this site. I appreciate that we've been able to enjoy some wonderful pinball discussions, while avoiding a lot of the garbage that sometimes can inflict any online community.

So to everyon, I dedicate our new site name, Pinball Nirvana, which is simply a fancy way of calling it what I belive it truely is . . . Pinball Heaven.

tiltjlp

Very nice John, Pinbal Nirvana is a name made in heaven :D

Yep, I decided to make a rare appearance, here. I hope to be more active again soon.

PinCode

Thanks Pincode, glad you like the new name. It probably doesn't really say much more than Flipperless.com, but I think it says it in a much nicer way. Think about that for a few minutes folks.

tiltjlp

Sorry I was gone,..I'd like to ThankYou All! :D

Odd, but true,...the original graphics for this site included "Nudgers Nirvana" and I still think any site with "Magic" in it's name is kinda lame and reminds me of stupid freakish carnival acts AND stuff that aint magic. :jocolor:

shiva! :yourock:

Jon

Now Jon, why didn't you tell me all that two years ago when we were fussing over a name? I think Carnival Sideshow Geeks has a real catchy ring to it. In fact a comment you made about Nudgers Nirvana gave me the idea for the name change.

John

Freakish Carnival Sideshow Acts...

FCSA, has a certain ring to it...:)

Geeks wouldn't ring right....:)

John......,
yourock.gif

Ohmygosh, this might just be the most hilarious, excellent, relevant thread on the whole site.

Please tell me there's a major award involved, hopefully?

Attachments

• 2QLzG6U[1].jpg
    2QLzG6U[1].jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 116
I really and totaly agree with you!
John, TheMan, Kinsley (VPGD...), Bob, Pac, JPH, Shiva, ...

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Poor Man's Pinball Podcast has posted a new reply in the thread "Poor Man's Pinball Podcast".
      Back