Paolo

No Bam no Play
Chat Moderator
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Batman(Data East)
Ok,speaking of multiplayer, I learned a lot doing the last "Circus" tables and "World-Cup 1978".

Almost all (at least I think) we know that in FP multiplayer is not "real" but "false"....I mean to be clearer..... we can say that it is not available in the true form, as we can imagine it.

In a "real-pinball" table if up to 4 players are available, everything you do in game,is saved at each turn, but in Fp, for now it is not possible to have it as a standard option, it must create it, and it is not easy to do so, and who can do it, requires a lot of time and concentration and higher mathematics.

Returning to the main discussion, thanks also to these tables "E.M", that I have done, I have learned to code a multiplayer system that could be used, for those who want to do it, or could help in some way.

Honestly I don't know how many builders, they use to create a multiplayer system, maybe all or none, but this would be an opportunity to talk about it or learn something more, that's why I opened this thread

Now, this system could also be inserted on a complex table, (even for those who use to make "mods" and would like to be able to play multiplayer with friends if they want), but there are conditions, I'll explain what,step by step if is necessary.

In an "E.M" table, you usually reset everything with each ball lose, and this is an opportunity to create a favorable and playable condition in multiplayer,in a more complex table, on the other hand, everything that is done is saved, but since it is very complicated to achieve it, then why not create a method that even in these tables could give the possibility to play in multiplayer?

Here's how to act, and what conditions:

1)
know the part of the FP code where to insert "what need" when you lose the third or fifth ball, to be clear, the last remaining ball.
2)reset everything, (turn off lights, reset all counts, and set everything to 0/ZERO) so that when the next player's turn comes, he finds the default table.
3)in a complex table, you can use the condition of "If (PlayersPlayingGame = 1) then" which means the first player in game, and therefore everything you did .... remains .... for all balls, instead "If (PlayersPlayingGame = 2) Or (PlayersPlayingGame = 3) Or (PlayersPlayingGame = 4) then" well... reset all table in default,for the next player.

For the moment only this. later I insert, what and where with some examples, everything you need to have a "playable multiplayer" game,meanwhile, if anyone has any questions or an opinion, they are welcome.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back