Amazing Spider-man 2009

I've tried all of JP's tables, but I do prefer PD's version. The colors work a little better for me with PD's Spectrum. I'm not a big fan of JP's earliest tables, they lack a bit of life or something, I can't quite put my finger on it, but of course his later tables are excellent.

New playfield added and now I'm replacing posts and moving stuff to the proper positions. I finally got a glitch free lighter post, I had to remove the image from the ramps that made up the post, but even though I lose a little color shading, it still looks better without glitches.

Attachments

• ASM2009WIP2.jpg
    ASM2009WIP2.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 498
Looking very nice, BoB.
The seven digits roms are a great new.:special:
I can´t help feeling a bit frustrated when I look at my high scores on some great tables like this one, & only see a few hundred thousands.

Yes, the 7 digit ROMs are really cool!

new screenshot.

Attachments

• ASM2009WIP4.jpg
    ASM2009WIP4.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 517
Lights!

Attachments

• ASM2009playfield3.jpg
    ASM2009playfield3.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 524
Looking awesome,Bob! :thumleft:
Got the new computer working at Friday and
now I must redownload everything.

Great lighting!

Speaking of lights, will this one have dropwalls for lights or VB standard lights again?

I think you have the perfect size and angle for the table. Not too wide and tall enough for it to seem authentic. I'm not sure I recall any of your past major releases, Bob. What's the last few tables (Recreations) that you've made and released?

I love the lighting too! It really does add a whole lot of atmosphere and pleasantness to a table, if you ask me. It's the main thing I love about Scapino tables.

I'm not sure I recall any of your past major releases, Bob. What's the last few tables (Recreations) that you've made and released?

I don't really like doing recreations. I did Drop A Card and this Spider-man table. I don't know how to code VPM tables and I don't want to learn how to do it. I have released about 30 projects, some of the better one's are here, but most need updated and it's a lot more work than the average person would realize. I have a Three Stooges table and an Addams Family table that I like and various others.

I prefer goofing around with the editor..... Here's a game I made the other day for VP9 only. I'll attach it here.

Attachments

• Maze2009.zip
    453.3 KB · Views: 406
:p\'n\'l:BoB, you´re too modest.
Mars Attack 2009 is a great table; a lot of sport:msgoodguy:, not much tactics & great sound!:autogun:
Spiderman & Black Cat is full of surprises, lots of multiballs & a great ball flow!:special:
& the only defect of your actual version of the Amazing Spiderman is the frustrating 6 digits roms you are actually updating...
All this from a simple player point of view...:yes2:

Great lighting!

Speaking of lights, will this one have dropwalls for lights or VB standard lights again?

The VP lights don't look too bad on this table, but I'll think about that after I get the actual table done.

I only added a couple of plastics today and a couple of rubbers. The plastics are decals on the table, since I have such good pics, I can get a higher resolution that way.

Thanks 1234fd!

Attachments

• ASM2009WIP6.jpg
    ASM2009WIP6.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 404
Looks cool. But if its all the same to you, i say definitely go with dropwalls for lights. They just look better.

BTW, is it just an optical illusion or is the upper flipper longer than the lower one?

Flippers are the same size. Dropwalls for lights are great when they are done right, fading lights are really cool when they are done right. Doing it right is easier said then done. I spent 5 hours the other day working on that little plastic next to the right flipper to get it to look right and play right.

I did a few more plastics.

Attachments

• ASM2009WIP9.jpg
    ASM2009WIP9.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 387
I spent 5 hours the other day working on that little plastic next to the right flipper to get it to look right and play right.
Its been worth it, it looks very good.

The look of the table starts to remind me more and more of Steins Flash, which in my opinion is still the prettiest VPM table ever thats entirely made out of VP standard parts only,...

I think Stein knows a lot more then I do, so this won't be a Stein.

I know you were the one to point out the extra switches that score 10 points in the Amazing Spider-man table. Did you find that info in a manual and if so, can you tell me if the actual lights under the plastics have switches? If so, I could make those lights turn on and off at the appropriate times, if they actually do turn OFF and ON during the game, but right now they'll just be ON the whole time.

Attachments

• ASM2009WIP12.jpg
    ASM2009WIP12.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 398
I do have the manual and i can check, but even without looking im almost 100% sure that the lights stay on all the time since they most likely belong to the GI.

(The machines werent awefully complex at that time, limited solenoids, limited sounds, limited switched lights, etc., but i will check anyway,...)

See for yourself Bob.

There is a total of 49 switched lights on the table, (including 0, minus 8, 9, 48 ), their functions are described,...

attachment.php

Attachments

• spiderman_switches&lamps.jpg
    spiderman_switches&lamps.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 808
Last edited:
Thanks Phoenixx, there's nothing for the lights under the plastics, so I guess they are just turned on when the table is turned on and then turn off when the table is turned off.

I can turn the lights off as shown in the following screenshot, but this will save me lots of VP work to not do it on the table.

Attachments

• unlit.jpg
    unlit.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 375
...there's nothing for the lights under the plastics, so I guess they are just turned on when the table is turned on and then turn off when the table is turned off.
Yep, it would appear so. Just GI.

BTW, i just played some Flash and there the lights under the plastics do flash. (Is that why you asked?) Unusual for a machine from that time, probably because the theme is lightnings and flashes so they wanted to have something 'out of the ordinary' to go along with that theme.

At any rate Stein made a pretty good example how good a VP table can look if you really put some work into it. The lighting-effects on his Flash are some of the best ive ever seen. But then again, Flash could now definitely use some updates here and there too. The posts and rubbers in particular, which look way outdated compared to what you use on ASM. I dont know how well you know Stein (or if at all) but perhaps you could ask him if he lets you update it. You do a damn good work when it comes to details, (you really should give yourself some credit there), and with your rubbers and your posts the table could be brought up to par again. Perhaps something to consider if you run out of other things to do.

I didnt quite understand your second sentence. Do you mean to let these lights off all the time?

No, I just meant that I could turn those lights out as I already have the graphics, but it would be a lot of drop walls and stuff, so it's easier to have them ON at all times.

I don't want to update Steins table or anyone else's table. I did this table simply because it was Spider-man and it seemed fitting to do so. :)

I decided to use my old bumpers as they look pretty good, now that I relit them in photoshop. Here's a pic with the bumpers lit.

Attachments

• ASM2009WIP14.jpg
    ASM2009WIP14.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 387
No, I just meant that I could turn those lights out as I already have the graphics, but it would be a lot of drop walls and stuff, so it's easier to have them ON at all times.
I see.

Well, that would be O.K. since the GI is always-on anyway.

I'm working on drop wall lights now. In the screenshot below, you can see the difference, only the Bonus Lights are drop wall lights at this time, it took me 2 hours to do those. I'm off to play cards now. :)

Attachments

• ASM2009WIP18.jpg
    ASM2009WIP18.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 389
Finished the lights.... I have a screensaver program, so I loaded in the WIP screenshots and sent it to Youtube right through that program. The screensaver looks really cool on my pc at the normal pic resolution.

YouTube - The Amazing Spider-man

Another Amazing Job By The Spiderman!

Very
nice lights now, goes perfectly with the rest.

I have very little time at the moment (probably for another week or two) but i am definitely looking forward to trying this table out.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back