And now for something simpler, I have started Eight Ball.

scapino

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
Just a little pallet cleanser after TZ. Back to a simple ol' Bally table.
I have lots of pictures (but no really good, bare playfield pix), so I'm re-drawing it, in full res, 20.25" x 42" in photoshop. I do have the butt ugly overlay picture, which does make a good guide for the placement of things, but thats about it. :)

Heres the WIP, greatly reduced....

http://www.scapinosvpins.com/Images/EightBallWip01.jpg

Kurt

Wish I was able to do that with paint shop...that's good.
Looking forward to any screenshots you may have and I will be waiting for the release.

Your FP work is amazing but you know... nothing beats the real thing. And VPM conversion is the closest to the real thing right now. ;)

Great news indeed.

Thanks, zerhinoand KMan! :)

Did some more work on the playfield.

EightBallWip02.jpg

Kurt

Ah, just noticed this, I had the overlay and a stripped (bad) pf image of this, but you seemed to have made good progress on this, and would proberly take you longer to clean up the overlay anyway. Nice choice, very simple, almost relaxing to do it as opposed to the later games.

Yes, shiva. I do find it relaxing. :)

Kurt

It's coming out pretty good. Congratulations for all your attention on details that you always put in your recreations, I really appreciate it. :work:

Nice start,Scapino. :thumright:
Keep up the good work.

Thanks, all.

Heres another wip.

EightBallWip03.jpg

I spent a good part of the day searching the usual font sites, to find the name of that goofy looking bulbous bottom font, but with no luck. I have a question logged with the font experts and hope to hear soon, so I can start to put the text on the table. If anyone know what that font is, let me know, please????? :)

Kurt

Heres another wip.

I went ahead and finished the playfield, even though I dont have the funny font. I just blew up and cleaned up the existing font images.

Now on to the modeling!

EightBallWip04.jpg

Kurt

Heres another WIP.

Started the modeling. Heres the playfield and GI.

EightBallWip05.jpg

Kurt

Looks very good :)

But there was no doubt on that because , you are doing it as well as your precedent tables :)

"Rack 'em up!" (ding dinge ding.)
SS with em sounds. Wow.
Looking forward it. 8)

Thanks, LPmangas and Petri!

Heres some posts and rubbers for ya.

EightBallWip06.jpg

Kurt

Looks magnificient!!!

This is a great, simple table that I have played a lot when I was a kid.

Thanks, KMan! :)

Heres another one.

Cleaned up the plastic graphics, and then modeled them, and the ball return cover.

EightBallWip07.jpg

Kurt

Awesome Scapino...Keep it up. :)

i love that "playing in the dark" look,
that's probably the biggest thing that makes modern work stand apart from the early vpm tables. :)

Thanks D, and highwayman!

Did the metal guides, and most of the inserts. Getting close to being able to start the VPM side of things.

EightBallWip08.jpg

Kurt

Heres a new one....

Added pop bumpers, some more hardware, and the cabinet.

EightBallWip09.jpg

Kurt

Heres another one. This is a full size render (2048x1536), so I can see all the little things I need to fix, and still add.

Added spinner, top gate brackets, plunger, and re-did the texture
on the upper lane guides.

EightBallWip10.jpg

Kurt

This is making me wordless and
breathless.Stunning work.Even
Olympic Games Won't stop you. :thumright:

Are you stalking me, Pete? :)

Thanks, D!

I'm pretty much finished modeling.

I think the white plastic nuts look a little small. If I can find out their true size I'll change them before I start cutting reel images for the VPM table.

Anyone know their diameter? I modeled the table in its real life dimensions, so I'll be able to easilly change the nuts size if I knew what it was.

Heres the final (or next to final..:) ) render.

EightBallWip11.jpg

Kurt

I did some work on the backglass image today.

Heres the wip.

EightBallWip12.jpg

Kurt

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back