Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
TMNT

Attachments

• specs.jpg
    specs.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 898
I hope the 550W power supply will be enough, I guess the GTX660 isn't as power hungry as the 760 so it's probably OK.

Oh, and if you haven't used an SSD for your OS drive before, prepare to be blown away by how fast it boots up...

Minimum power supply for the 660 is 450, so I'm sure the corsair 550 will be fine. I tend to think a lot of people use power supplies that have greater then needed power ratings by a large margin, power supplies perform most efficiently at about 70 percent of their power rating.

http://www.techspot.com/review/572-nvidia-geforce-gtx-660/page11.html

Yes, this will be my first SSD experience, so looking foward to that, the old girl takes several minutes to boot up. I have a 1TB data HD from the old computer which I'll be moving to the new rig, I'm hoping that it should be just a plug and play option so I can just plug it in and retain the data.

It's always fun to get a new system, especially with the same operating system you like. Especially when everything you want is put back and running smoother, or with more bells and whistles going.

I'm no expert but I think 550 is just enough, which in effect could be plenty.

What happens if a system is marginally under-powered?

What happens if a system is marginally under-powered?

I've heard you can have crashes if you run out of power. Even for a cab 550 is good I would think.

Mine boots pretty fast, even with a sata. But I'm running an overclocked i-5 too (almost 4.0). I'm guessing about 90 seconds (I know I timed it once but I forgot).

I just ordered a new PC as well. The one it's replacing is going on 12 years (work PC). My boss gave me a $700 budget for a new one, and I did this for $676. I already have a decent monitor and think I'll buy a 2nd one with my own cash... it'll definitely help my productivity (and get me some games in during downtime, :D).

CAS:* Apevia X-Trooper Junior Mid-Tower Gaming Case Black/blkred & Side Panel Window [-3] (Black Color with Red LED Light)

CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

CD2:None

CPU:AMD FX-6300 3.50 GHz Six-Core AM3+ CPU 6MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology

CS_FAN:default case fans

FAN:AMD Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink [-20]

HDD:1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD: Keyboard & Mouse Combo) Cooler Master Storm Devastator Gaming Keyboard & Mouse Combo

MEMORY:8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

MOTHERBOARD:* GIGABYTE 970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX w/ Ultra Durable 4 Classic, On/Off Charge, GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI

MOUSE:AZZA Alpha 1600 DPI Gaming Mouse [+4]

NETWORK:onboard Gigabit LAN Network

OS:Microsoft® Windows 7 (64-bit Edition) + Office 365 FREE 30 Days Trial

OVERCLOCK:No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY:600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

RUSH:standard processing time: ship within 2 to 3 weeks

SERVICE:sTANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR [3 Year Labor, 1 Year Parts] LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO:AMD Radeon R7 250 2GB GDDR3 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

_PRICE: +676)

Hey Itchi! :wave: I occasionally roll though here like tumbleweed. I couldn't find any western smilies, so here's some random ones.

:icon_pelvic_thrust2 :bong2::chainsaw::shakeass::beer::strain::homer:

Hey Shooby, did you ever do anything with that pre-coded table from Rogue? I remember you saying you wanted to take a crack at it.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back