Help apply surface to ramp (or maybe there's another way)

AnonTet

Pinball Master
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Indiana Jones
Apparently textures on ramps don't quite react the same and I can't get a polished/shinny effect as if I apply the same texture to a surface.

So I though of apply a non-colideable textured surface on the ramp. Problem is the height.

Ramps start and end height are reversed in relation to surfaces so the end height in ramps is the highest part towards away from the flippers and surfaces top height is higher towards near the flippers.

This is a default ramp from FP. I can barely draw stick men let alone create a model (or in this case 3) so I have very limited options I suppose and any help is welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

which ramp are we talking about? which table?

if you use a single color texture this problem could be solved,but

but I did not understand what the problem is, you want to use a surface for the ramp, to do what? to give a texture to the ramp itself? or to keep the ball from jumping off the ramp? if this is the case you must always use a ramp, without flaps, that is invisible, and put the higher measures, compared to the main ramp

if instead you would like a particular texture for the ramp, then it's a problem, the ramps, like the walls, of FP, are not coordinated, you have to use a model, to be able to coordinate the textures, if you tell me what you would need I can see if I can do something

Well, from what you write I have a problem.

The table is Black Knight Slamt1lt Ultimate Edition

Because the same texture works fine on plastic surfaces but not on ramps, the idea was to put a surface on top of the ramp. But as you can see in the attached image the surface is a "block" and it can't be put to an angle like ramps (or at least I don't know how).

I hope the image attached can give you an idea of the problem. See the highlighted part to see what I mean as "block"

Attachments

• Black Knight (Williams)(1980)(SLAMT1LT)(ULTIMATE Edition)(1.01a)[Custom Physics].png
    Black Knight (Williams)(1980)(SLAMT1LT)(ULTIMATE Edition)(1.01a)[Custom Physics].png
    1.5 MB · Views: 89
ok, you will only have problems, and a bad thing to see if you put a surface on a ramp....

I looked at the table, and I noticed that that ramp has no protection, if the problem is that the ball runs off the ramp, when it goes up strongly, you have to put another ramp as protection, but invisible, or with the same texture , (I always invisible) because you can regular the ramp, the surface cannot.
Cattura88.JPG

here is an example, (it is a bit high, but needs to be adjusted according to the height of the ramp below) it is in red to make you see and understand, usually these protections or barrier, are invisible, but if you want you can put a texture, (but I think it will look very bad)

barriera.jpg

instead I understand that you want to change texture, to the ramp..... you don't like polished _metal on the ramp?
in the surface you put on the ramp, which texture you entered?

what about this ?you can make it lighter if you want by changing the color, inside the zip there are other textures try them

bk.jpg

Attachments

• crom.zip
    220.1 KB · Views: 72
The problem is not the ball jumping but I appreciate the tip nonetheless. It's pretty clear how to fix if I find the problem elsewhere.

It seems the problem is the image I used as texture. Your chrome files work like a charm.

Here polished_metal look really bad but works really well in plastics! Probably just another FP... hidden feature :D

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Itchigo has started a new thread called "Sounds library" in Visual Pinball and Visual PinMAME...
      Back