ball stuck

thinlizzy

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
funhouse
Hi,
i use vp9 and have a problem with most tables. The problem is that on most tables (like funhouse, earthquake and party animal) the ball gets stuck. Most of the time on ramps but also on spinners etc. Sometimes a little bump helps but most of the time it stays stuck. Any1 have an idea how to solve this problem? It really takes the fun out of playing.
Thanks.

Wow. Got lost.
You are probably playing older Visual Pinball 8 versions of the tables.
Visual Pinball 9 was re-written which makes the lanes and ramps of pre VP9 tables narrower (or the ball larger, can't remember which).

So if you use VP9 or later (VP9+), you'll need to download tables that were created for VP9 (or VP9+).
But be aware that the latest tables require the latest version of VP due to additional changes in the latest program versions of VP9+ and how the tables are using those changes. Look for the tables named the same as the VP version. These latest changes are due to the program being updated to use DirectX 9c, so if you use an older computer, then make sure the video chip or card is DirectX 9c compliant before downloading this latest version of the program and its tables.

And if you play the older tables, then you need to download VP8.1 (best version for older pre VP9 tables). As long as you have a full installation of VP, all you'll need is the EXE-ONLY download of VP8.1 (or VP9 / VP9+ for the associated VP9 or VP9+ tables).
It will run on an existing full installation.

Again, I apologize for not finding this thread sooner. It's a shame on me.

Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back