Bally Old Chicago (Bally, 1976) problem

Tommycanyouhearme

Inserted Coin
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
High Hand
I am trying to help a friend with his Old Chicago machine. It is up and running, the only problem is there are no playfield lights. He does not have the schematics for this machine. Does anyone know if one of the fuses next to the tilt bob is for the playfield lights? They all appear to be good. Any help on what or where to check would be greatly appreciated. :help:

Thank you,
Tom

There is a schematlc on the pinball database. It shows 2 15 amp fuses for lights. 1 for playfield and 1 for head. Also double check the fuse holders for weak connections.

Fuses

Hi Dave,
Thanks for responding! Do you know if the two fuses for the lights are located next to the tilt bob on left side of cabinet?

Thanks,
Tom

Yes that's correct. There should be 4 fuses. 2 are for lights, 1 is for solenoid voltage, and the 4th is the main line 120 volt. So always check fuses with machine unplugged. A pic of them might help if they are unmarked.

Fuses

Hi Dave,
I believe there were only 3 fuses that all looked good. While cleaning the holders I did notice that one of them was very weak and had almost no tention left. I don't have the machine with me so I will have to wait till I can get back over to his house to have another look. I will try to find a new fuse holder before I go back.

Thanks again,
Dave

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back