BAM Mini Playfields - what does and does not work with a mini-playfield?

TerryRed

Pinball Master
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
My Virtual Pinball Cabinet
OK... so now that SLAM has released BTTF Ultimate Pro.... I was trying to see if I could fix the Time Circuits problem. They can't display in Arcade Mode because they are made on the translite editor. It's a problem SLAM knows about but is a FP limitation, that he cleverly used and works in Desktop mode...but not when Arcade Mode is enabled.

I creating them on the playfield editor and I have that part working and originally had them setup beside the cabinet.

When I try to use a mini playfield, it moves the Overlay...but not the Display Segments. So I moved the Display Segments to the playfield to se if that would work... but that doesn't either.

Can these work with a mini-playfield at all... and is there a list of things that won't work with a mini-playfield?

The pic below shows what I'm talking about. The MP is around the Time Circuit displays... be they are not affected by the MP and won't move.

@Gimli any ideas? I just don't want to keep messing with this if it's not possible.

1589751017653.png

Last time I checked Terry Gas Segs DON'T get captured in MPs.
Everything else DOES

Last time I checked Terry Gas Segs DON'T get captured in MPs.
Everything else DOES

OK... so at least I'm not going crazy then :) I guess this idea won't work then.

The other thing to note and Paolo and I are running into this with Labyrinth and RatRace is there is a limited region or "sandbox" around the main table where can put stuff and have it fully transferrable as an MP

The other thing to note and Paolo and I are running into this with Labyrinth and RatRace is there is a limited region or "sandbox" around the main table where can put stuff and have it fully transferrable as an MP

Yah, I figured that... that's why I tried placing them on the PF to see if that would work. No go.

However one thing that expands the "sandbox" is elevation. So for instance you can have objects hovering superimposed above the fp table in the table editor that you can grab and deal with as an MP.

In terms of Gas segs I asked rav speicifically about this and it wasnt doable at that time...

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back