https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/bam-setup.exe
https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/BAM-OpenVR.zip

- Added xBAM.Lights.BallBrightness

Code:
xBAM.Lights.BallBrightness = 1 ' normal brightness
xBAM.Lights.BallBrightness = 2.2 ' 220% brightness
xBAM.Lights.BallBrightness = 0.3 ' 30% brightness
xBAM.Lights.BallBrightness = xBAM.Lights.BallBrightness + 1.0 ' Add 100%

The "bam-setup.exe" file in the first posting is the "2 in 1 installer" which installs Future Pinball and BAM at the same time.

Rav is aware of this site and I PM'd him just in case and responded back:

For some time i have account on Pinball Nirvana.
In last week i got about 50 notifications about FP/BAM section.
I'm aware of what happened.
:)

Don't worry, i will be there.

Question-- does ravarcade insist that users go to his site to get BAM?

Normally for such an important core file like this, sites like PN prefer to host it in the resources (downloads), i.e. here:

EDIT: Just for fun, I tried to track down the full version of FP's authentic program icon. Couldn't find it anywhere on the net, so I screen-grabbed the little one attached to the .exe and added that as the FP resource icon in the list above. Needless to say it looks terrible, and obviously needs to be replaced whenever possible. :s

EDIT2: Managed to use 7-ZIP to get in to the FP .exe and extract the official icon. Still looks lousy simply due to how small it is. Hmm.

Attachments

• 9.png
    9.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
A thought also occurs-- I see that Wikipedia has a very minimal page on FP. I'm thinking one of you blokies might want to add some info on BAM and/or whatever else is appropriate. You know, in order to bring the page up to date.

Also, might want to link at the bottom to GoPinball and Pinball Nirvana as FP support forums, since the official FP download page hasn't offered support forums for many years, now.

The only way I know to get the FP icon is from the FP executable here:

%SystemDrive%\Games\Future Pinball\Future Pinball.exe

Ravarcade created a nice BAM icon. I changed the icon for the FP loader on my PC to it but but you need to change the path for the icon here:

%SystemDrive%\Games\Future Pinball\BAM\BAM-Tracker.exe

I can ask Ravarcade if he can give me both icons if you want them. He is the only one I think could get it.

... Or you might try one of these programs:

Last edited:
Thanks George, yeap, I did figure out how to extract any program's icon using 7-ZIP (see the edit2 I made above).

Problem is, as you can see from the FP support files area, the standard system icons at 48x48 look pretty dreadful used as PN's resource icons, which are native 96x96p expanded to 134x134p.

The specific challenge here is to find the original dark ball image image that Black (or whoever) used to create the original FP icon from. Unfortunately, such an image is not buried somewhere in the FP exe, it seems.

A more realistic challenge would be to simply find a decent-quality dark ball image that could be used to represent FP's installer. I did try some google image searches last night, and found surprisingly little.

Let me know if you find something we could use?

Note: You should be able to play around with this stuff yourself in the resources area. As a super-mod, you should be able to edit any resource, including its resource icon. Feel free to ask any questions; it was certainly confusing for me, at first.

this is another icon, made by a dear friend who passed away Gianfranco (Franzleo)...it is the icon of Bam, insert it to the fploader
if you want you can use this too, I thought you saw it in Welcome to Bam

Attachments

• icon-bam.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 97
Also I think Francisco made a cool new GoPinball Icon that we never used..oh well

Problem is, a system icon (48x48) looks pretty terrible when artificially expanded to 96x96 or higher.

Hope I'm making sense, here. As an example, the following are some larger images that were sized down to 96x96 as various PN resource icons.

Attachments

• chip6900429.png
    chip6900429.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 189
  • MUSIC R-ICON.jpg
    MUSIC R-ICON.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 189
  • VPX icon.png
    VPX icon.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 193
well, if you reduce, from big to small, you don't lose much, but if you increase from small to large, then you lose something, but it also affects the program you use, put them here the small one, I see with the program I use, how it comes out

I can
y remember who but someone made this for FP loader.exeBAM.jpg

Last edited:
Here is one of Francisco6666 suggested new "GoPinball" logosgopinball.pnggopinball2.png

Here is Franzleo's that Wild mentions aboveFranzleo.jpg

If possible, see if you can find a "dark pinball" image to match Black's original icon.

No pressure...

So... Not quite the original.
I did a screen grab and modified Francisco6666 ball on my phone to add character and make it blacker. Is this sort of what is being asked for?
Capture+_2020-05-21-09-29-11.jpgCapture+_2020-05-21-09-29-11.jpg

I've grabbed a few icons fom an alternative executable made in 2016 (1.9.3.2)

Attachments

• ICON.zip
    299.7 KB · Views: 87
I've grabbed a few icons fom an alternative executable made in 2016 (1.9.3.2)
Thanks, DuMichAuch!

I tried out "6.ico" as the icon for the second FP executable (5th down on the list).

This one is in the fpSphereMaps library but it is only 64x64.
[chrome-silver].jpg

converted to png
Thank you. I think by converting it to a JPG, I messed up the transparency layer. It was showing up with a black background until I tried it with your PNG version just now. I think I vaguely recall that JPG-transperancy issue from when I was doing graphics for tables, long ago.

Actually I think the version you submitted looks a little better than the other, darker one. Any opinions on that? Right now it's down to choice #2 versus #5 in this list: https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?resources/categories/fp-support-files.42/

@GeorgeH,
Thanks. Yeah, any other candidates need to start at 96x96p due to the way XF resizes resource icons.

It is a bit difficult to decide because they are both too large but you might be right. I wish Francisco was here. I is great at creating things like this.
Okay, I resized them. Take a look now.

Current choices are #2 and #5. I made the nearby icons 'generic' so as not to visually interfere.

EDIT: "Francisco?" Is that the same guy as @PinFrancy?

Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back