BAM Update v312

Hi Rav,
Mate thanks for all the BAM updates they are certainly much appreciated, cheers!

@AnonTet 1st i will set physics settings from v314 default (they whare use last 3-5 years). 2nd I will add option to change params in script and option to completly disable changes (and return to pure FP values).

@GeorgeH I'm little busy right now. Maybe ne

@GeorgeH

Correct. The HUD DMD is fixed in aspect ratio according to a 16:10 ratio, as 16:10 was the common widescreen ratio monitor back in 2006 to 2008.

Today we all use 16:9 ratio monitors, so that is why the DMDs aren't exactly correct for desktop view.

As for playing FP in a vertical screen / cabinet.... 99% of the cabinet users will display the FP DMD on a 3rd screen (using FutureDMD), real DMD, or the backglass monitor, so they don't even use or see the HUD DMD.

@GeorgeH
As for playing FP in a vertical screen / cabinet.... 99% of the cabinet users will display the FP DMD on a 3rd screen (using FutureDMD), real DMD, or the backglass monitor, so they don't even use or see the HUD DMD.

I was thinking about use on a menu system like I added on Road Girls and TOTAN. There could be other uses. What do the rest of you guys think?

I have no ideia on the work needed to add to a menu system like in Road Girls to turn it off / on IF all of the above DMD options can't be supported with one option (i'm talking about the stretch problem).

If it is doable, I always chose to have the option and obviously those who will use it will greatly appreciate it.

I think we should at least try to fix the desktop DMDs and segmented displays if possible. If Rafal can create a fix where we could perhaps change the width of the display at 0 rotation, then we might be able to use the same fix for 270 degrees rotation. Terry is right though. A special fix just for the 270 degrees rotation wouldn't be worth Rafal's time. ...But who knows, Rafal may not be able to fix any of it.

Last edited:
Back to physics world size.
Here is beta BAM v315
Added script command:
Code:
xBAM.Physics.ExpandWorldSize left, right, top, bottom, under, above
So, you have 6 params to add extra space for all 3 axis.
Important: Save Tabel befor you play.
BAM must find this line in script when table is loading and if you change script and don't save, BAM will not find it.

Default values:
Code:
xBAM.Physics.ExpandWorldSize 1000, 1000, 0, 0, 0, 300

If table works fine in pure FP and don't work in FP with BAM:
Add to script line:
Code:
' xBAM.Physics.ExpandWorldSize()
- Notice comment char at begine line: '. This line will not be executed, but BAM will recognize it and will not extend physics world size.
- This should restore compatibility with that few table, where they not play waill with BAM.
- Some BAM tables with this line added will not work any more. For example on last @polygame multitable demo, ball will stuck and don't move.

This line is not "real" part of script, so you can put anywhere, even in comments.
If you want to disable it, you will need to remove it.
... one more time: Save Table befor you play.

Attachments

• BAM.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 75
Thanks Rafal. I will give it a try.

@ravarcade
Can you share the values used in v313 please?

@ravarcade
Can you share the values used in v313 please?

I suspect it is the delault, xBAM.Physics.ExpandWorldSize 1000, 1000, 0, 0, 0, 300 but maybe Rafal should verify that.

This may be better info:

Code:
' v311 and older               -X,   +X, -Y,   +Y,  -Z,   +Z
xBAM.Physics.ExpandWorldSize 1000, 1000,  0,    0,   0,  300

' v312                         -X,   +X, -Y,   +Y,  -Z,   +Z    <- broken
xBAM.Physics.ExpandWorldSize 2000, 2000,  0,    0,   0, 2000

' v313                         -X,   +X, -Y,   +Y,  -Z,   +Z    <- little broken
xBAM.Physics.ExpandWorldSize 1000, 1000,  0, 1000,   0,  300

' v314 and leter               -X,   +X, -Y,   +Y,  -Z,   +Z    <- BAM "Correct"
xBAM.Physics.ExpandWorldSize 1000, 1000,  0,    0,   0,  300

This line is not "real" part of script, so you can put anywhere, even in comments.
If you want to disable it, you will need to remove it.
... one more time: Save Table befor you play.

Can you save it to an external XML file? I was thinking about saving it to my default.XML file in my BAM folder.

nope. only in script. exteternal xml is loaded too late.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: antonioale is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back