Gottlieb Solved Bank Shot (Gottlieb, 1976) 2 problems...

njPinWiz

Inserted Coin
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Bank Shot
:help: Any help is appreciated - experiencing 2 problems with Bank Shot, add-a-ball from Gottlieb 1976.

Problem #1) When score achieved, have it set to 60,000 points, and a WoW/extra ball is achieved, the WoW doesn't light up on backglass right away, the "knock" does sound but, the solenoid is sticking (humming occurs) on the WoW stepper (am assuming) - until ball drains or goes into a kick-out hole - at which time the humming stops & the WoW lights up on backglass.

Problem #2) Upon last ball draining, when bonus points are awarded, the "knock" sounds, but the WoW light doesn't come on & doesn't award an extra ball. The "Game Over" light comes on instead.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Solution
everybody knows the problem with finding gottlieb schematic info online. the info i found is from a gottlieb neptune add a ball. the WOW or extra ball unit is called the lightbox advance unit. this unit is separate from the ball count unit. the pic shows these units, lightbox advance unit on top, and ball count unit under it. both of these units MUST work correctly without sticking. to gain access to these units, a clip or screw top right corner removed will be able to get to the back of the unit. manually advance and subtract units and check for proper operation. rule of thumb is if you can make it stick it will stick.there is a lot of good info out there on repairing step units ( i like pinwiki ). switches on the back side of these...
everybody knows the problem with finding gottlieb schematic info online. the info i found is from a gottlieb neptune add a ball. the WOW or extra ball unit is called the lightbox advance unit. this unit is separate from the ball count unit. the pic shows these units, lightbox advance unit on top, and ball count unit under it. both of these units MUST work correctly without sticking. to gain access to these units, a clip or screw top right corner removed will be able to get to the back of the unit. manually advance and subtract units and check for proper operation. rule of thumb is if you can make it stick it will stick.there is a lot of good info out there on repairing step units ( i like pinwiki ). switches on the back side of these units need to be lightly filed clean and checked also. the strip of relays in the head need to be checked for proper operation.

Attachments

• neptune backbox.jpg
    neptune backbox.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 331
Solution
thanks pinballdaveh, you were right. I did solve the problem by cleaning both the stepper units, and adjusting them carefully. Took some time, but got it to work properly. Also, one of the switches on the score reel (10,000 unit) was closed instead of being in the open position at rest. Once I adjusted that, the problems went away!

that switch on the score reel unit i think is called a isolation switch. it completes the circuit for scoring replays or extra ball. it is on the bottom of the unit along with the EOS switch. a schematic will show it , but might call it something different. congrats on getting your machine working.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: blackspatular is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back