Williams Base Hit (Williams, 1967) Pitch and Bat goes into Game Over at start

Sully

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
wizard
First question !

Currently working on the bottom board that is out of the machine of a '67 Williams "Base Hit"
I have the schematics, and am trying to figure out why this happens :

I have the power off.
The reset motor is in zero position.
I manually reset the reset bank.
When I turn the power on,
The Game Over coil on the rest bank trips,
and the #4 Relay is energized.

With the Game Over coil tripped, when I turn off the power, and turn it back on, the #4 Relay still energizes.

I'm pretty sure the #4 coil is for the coin,
and I'm pretty sure when the power is turned on,
The Game Over coil shouldn't trip ......

Any ideas or help ?

Thanks
Sully

The game over relay tripping is normal on power up. This #4 relay, can you post a pic of the schematic that contains it?

The #4 relay works in the home run circuit. The home run hole switch pulls in the #4 relay. So if the relay pulls in all the time the hole switch is stuck shut. That whole target with upper deck should be able to unbolt for servicing.

Yes the # 4 relay is on circuit with the hone run switch but having the bottom board out of machine not hooked up to jones plug for the homerun whole switch how is pulling in

Check the hold in switch on the #4 relay. It’s usually the switch closest to the coil. It should be N.O.when the coil isn’t energized. If this was always closed the relay would pull in without the home run switch connected. Post a pic of the relay if not sure.

The #4 relay does 2 jobs. The first is to score a home run from the home run upper deck hole. The second job is to clear the bases at game over.
It’s this clearing bases circuit that is suspect. The circuit consists of a normally open switch on the score motor cam 3 position A and a normally open switch on the 3rd out bank relay. The 3rd out relay switch has wires G-W and G-O. If this switch gap was closed when it should be open, the #4 relay will pull in as soon as the score motor cam 3 fires.
Once pulsed, the #1-4 relays will stay pulled in until the load control relay pulls in and releases them. Also the load control relay works in conjunction with the running man unit motor cams.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Popotte has posted a new reply in the thread "How Do I Move a DMD on the Backbox Using Script...
      Back