Big Bang Bar (Capcom, 1996) VP9

VP9 SS Recreation Big Bang Bar (Capcom, 1996) VP9 v1.0

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
First of all, There is no graphic glitches and everything looks proportioned well. Second, if this was a standard in look and play-ability, then it would be just fine with me.

This has the best, by far, flipper action that I have encountered in VP9, for my taste.

This is going to do nothing to detour me from trying to gain access to the other new VP work. I could really get into games when they function well. This is the first best example of VP9 I have seen and I'm not sure how much is attributed to VP.newer and how much is attributed to my new system.

Of course I would like to see nudging function better, but understand that is out of your hands and seems to be in no ones hands.

Thank you for sharing this with the rest of the world. I am so looking forward to more.

Thanks shockman
this is probably my best work.

Ill be uploading the rest of my tables soon, a lot of which are in need of updates.
Just had to finish this first.
Important short on time as my son was just born 3 months again

Don't forget when you update the flipper routine to, if you can, disable them on tilt. A game can continue as far as VP mechanics, including targets dropping during a tilt. Also, it would probably be best to enable start shake in desktop versions. And remember the nudge values will be reversed in reference to a keyboard.

This is one VP table I would like to try the cab version of too. Maybe some day.

Thanks again.

Brian just sent me a code fix for the flippers. I didn't have a manual so i based it off pacdudes solenoids. This will fix the flippers issue.
Ill update it this week.
I can pm you the fs cabinet version. It looks nice. The payback feature gives it a really nice 3d look in the back while looking over top in the front

That layback feature is king.

If it would work with the original dll (there is a cab.dll right) and on a single rotated monitor, yes, I would love to see it.

Yeah it works on them all.
The desktop table uses the payback as well. Check the backdrop options

the lighting looks fantastic. if the table doesn't use alpha ramps this will be something that might actually run smoothly on my meager little setup.

also, would be great if this was angle-independent so i can try to maximise the view. dunno if VP9 gained the ability by now to set camera angle like FP. that was always one of the big drawbacks of VP for me.

thank you very much for this treat!

Looks great, I'm a little curious about the x/y scale settings as they don't seem to match any screen ratio, that said it seems to render OK on my 16:9 ratio monitor. Unfortunately my old computer can't handle it, it plays with a lot of stutter here although I know that's just my rig. I've copied it to my USB and will giving it a proper workout over a mates place, I've not encountered a pinball that won't run full speed on his rig.

Thanks for the upload, the table will get much wider distribution here as I've discovered after uploading TMNTws here, although downloads of that table have virtually finished at VPF, it has been downloaded 125 times here in the past month or so.

It's like Pacdude's version on steroids! Very nice!

44 downloads in 24 hours. And it is placed wrong even (it is in the VP section, not the VP/VPM section).

dang, it ran like molasses on this 2ghz AMD laptop.

Download stats at this forum have no meaning, unless you actually think The Simpson's table has been downloaded over 200,000 times.

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/UpDownload-req-MostPopular.html

Interesting observation bob. Although you have to realise that any attempted download is counted not only here but at VPF as well. The difference being here the downloads are open to all the internet, not just registered forum users, thus the greater disparity in the count, though it must be noted that VPF download figures are also distorted. That said with the downloads here available to all the internet, the table will get much wider distribution by being uploaded here.

200,000? For the Simpsons? Is that all?

I actually think that number could be correct.

44 downloads in 24 hours. And it is placed wrong even (it is in the VP section, not the VP/VPM section).

That's actually not that much. My Cowboys and Indians (original) was almost 100 in 24 hours, and if your name is JP, that's WAY out the window.

I know how much 44 is. It's 43 times better than one and even more better than zero.

VPF had 157. That seems like not much, given the fact that it is the place to look for VP9 recreated tables, and it's a new thing here.

The point is that anyone that searches for it can get it without registering at a site, regardless of how many others they downloaded that day, and without any contracts as to the conditions of using it.

Try 16 bit. Try reversing the state of reorder. Try texture size. Try everything. I did not have that, but I got it after screwing with the video settings, and set some of them back to fix it. I think it was setting 32bit that caused that same issue for me.

That's actually not that much. My Cowboys and Indians (original) was almost 100 in 24 hours, and if your name is JP, that's WAY out the window.
That is 100 attempted downloads, not too put too finer point on the statistics and BS. ;)

Try 16 bit. Try reversing the state of reorder. Try texture size. Try everything. I did not have that, but I got it after screwing with the video settings, and set some of them back to fix it. I think it was setting 32bit that caused that same issue for me.

I've tried them all.

What is your texture size set at? Setting mine above 1024 makes the PF go away on my system.

I've tried 16bit at several resolutions, maybe my video driver is overriding the game settings and forcing 32, I'll try messing with the driver settings.

On my system, texture size changes my cause subtle differences I can't notice, but no setting including unlimited causes obvious glitches.

It's an ATI onboard, because I have not gotten a GPU card yet.

I can not reproduce the flipper glitch you have but I can the transparency glitch, but only at 32 bit. At 16 bit I can set everything including the alpha slider anywhere.

The quality vs speed on this systems GPU settings has the biggest quality range I have seen.

My vbs files were a bit out of date but updating those to 3.34 didn't help.

Edit: Got it working. Not sure what did it...

Did the "full install" of VP912 and that didn't seem to help.

Then played one of JPs tables.

Then went back and tried some more video settings and it started to work.

Looks like for the alpha ramps to work properly I have to use 16bit and hardware rendering. Funny but before hardware rendering was giving me just a skeleton table no matter the video size or bits, strange, maybe the re-install fixed that, or I accidentally fixed something while messing with the nVidia conrtol panel settings...

Last edited:
Also, when you adjust the max texture or change other settings, Use hardware rendering, etc., make sure to then Close/Exit VP and restart.
Sometimes VP will not apply Preference changes to the current session.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: MMITG is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back