Bride of Pinbot - Game play

AnonTet

Pinball Master
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Indiana Jones
So, I was trying windows game bar while testing some new physics and code (with EOS from @ravarcade ) and some of mine in prehit() and got my first ever metamorphosis in BoP and with a backhand shot to gloat about :D

So, obviously, I have to share it :) but without sound unfortunately :\

The slingshots are to strong so I have to take care of that. And with this new code i'll take the opportunity to add a small video with 2 flipper tricks as well: tip tapping and passthrough. It still needs a bit more tuning (still too bouncy... maybe), but it clearly shows that FP/BAM has improved quite a lot.

Thank you all and without further ado because it's past 3am already...

BoP Metamorphosis:

"

What is EOS? End of Stroke? The flippers appear to have a great deal of bounce.

Last edited:
Yes, End-of-stroke.

It looks worse on the video because of the movement being jerky as windows saves at 30fps apparently. I have this impression that elasticity is generally misinterpreted. Steel is more elastic than rubber for example. But yes, it's still too bouncy so I have to adjust the rubberMats

I'm not so sure about the math I added and it's probably overkill or even unnecessary; I'm learning and reading about stuff in english makes harder than it should plus old dogs usually don't learn new tricks :)

Let's see where this goes.

I would be interested in seeing the EOS you got from Rav sometime.

I tried BOP and the raised flipper moves much less when hit with the ball, maybe about right. The bounce control section does not work. I tried changing the first two parameters for 0 to 1000 and the bounce didn't change much. It looks to me like it would take Rav to fix it. He wrote the bounce control code.

Also got rid to the nobouncecontrol code. No need whey you can just use defaults assuming rubbers can be balanced properly. Less math = better performance, maybe. Also means 4 parameters less to balance.

The bounce control is also less static so, less parameters to "get right". Everything already exists so why have work arounds?

But, it's just me and i'm no mathmagician :) I feel I'm making progress though.

Does anyone else think that there should be a physics thread to post and discuss the whole DF/physics section? Two heads are better than one... especially helpful for people like me to get feedback so I'm biased asking for this :D

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Isaac Sauvage has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back