Flipperless Brio Labyrinths Simple and Advanced

Btw, I bet adding an animated rat as an alt ball could look really neat.
oh bollocks me, you actually did!
Brill! :eek:
Hehe ya I thought your initial response was a llttle mild.

With BAM custom ball coding we can create balls of all sizes, textures and colors and transparency. with the miniplayfield /object grabbing tool we can grab , scale and animate anthything.

And anything we grab can in turn be attached to the ball.

You can then make the underlying ball invsible and make the attached object trace the rotation or in the case of the rat ball I made it ride the ball and point in the right direction.

In theory I could grab a whole playfield , shrink it and make it a into a rotating ball :)

This is pretty amazing guys to see! Really incredible at how you are using BAM to create something new like this. Fun!

-mark

This is pretty amazing guys to see! Really incredible at how you are using BAM to create something new like this. Fun!

-mark
Thanks Mark !

Ah, I gotcha. Makes sense.

So, the WIP threads date all the way back to the original VPF I think, back in 2001. I think the purpose was as a way to demonstrate progress and let the member base enjoy the steps of the table build. Then the release threads were a way to say "tada, come and get it!"

AFAIK, PN and all the other forums followed suit. Even Black's FP forums did the same IIRC.

I guess it happened differently at GoPinball because that place presumably got founded from a completely different POV, by people who hadn't come along in the old VP - FP scenes.

Anyway, I'll try the table out later and put it through some different views to check for those black walls and other changes.
you are totally right

Yes I do M. Savage. I don't have the same email that was on file back then.
So after several unfructuous attemp to log in, I just resigned to create a new one.

If you can fix it so I can still use Polygame it would be great.

Yes I do M. Savage. I don't have the same email that was on file back then.
So after several unfructuous attemp to log in, I just resigned to create a new one.

If you can fix it so I can still use Polygame it would be great.
Yes, can do. Only issue is-- the system will not allow me to assign the same email to more than one acct.

So, I suppose I could swap the email addresses. Then, when you log out of this acct and start to log in to the Polygame acct, I imagine you will need to do a PW reset.

Let me know if that sounds good, and I'll PM you you an email address to contact me in case you have trouble logging back in or something.

I am using the latest verision of BAM for FP is there a way to fix this error

Attachments

• Screenshot (159).png
    Screenshot (159).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 96
I went through the table manager and im missing models for: Kicker Hole big, BrioKnow, Ball, and Rat. also missing all brio textures(brio, 2, 4, a, and brio simple 1-3) not in my library either.

I went through the table manager and im missing models for: Kicker Hole big, BrioKnow, Ball, and Rat. also missing all brio textures(brio, 2, 4, a, and brio simple 1-3) not in my library either.

Are you using BAM and if so what version ?
I just tried it worked for me...

I am not using a lbrary file, all the textures are loaded in fpRam

Hah. Just randomly bumped in to this version today.

I haven't tried it out yet to compare the two, but I assume there's some pretty hefty differences(!)

Hah. Just randomly bumped in to this version today.

I haven't tried it out yet to compare the two, but I assume there's some pretty hefty differences(!)
Cool !
Ya I can't imagine it even works and that seems to be the case from the reviews. :)

@Isaac Sauvage
@wild

Ike is testing and helping refine Brio Labyrinth as a resource.
He enticed me to add mouse function to it...and it works quite well. see what you think.
I posted it at pinsimdb and vpforums as well for people to try if they wish.

You must have BAM version 329 or newer for mouse function....

Paolo it makes me want to look at Rat Race again to add mouse function to that too...

Addendum: Ya I added mouse function to Rat Race and it works great...Pm sent to you Paolo to try.

Attachments

• Labyrinth.zip
    2 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Paolo it makes me want to look at Rat Race again to add mouse function to that too...

Addendum: Ya I added mouse function to Rat Race and it works great...Pm sent to you Paolo to try.
Wonderful......so now could we complete this game?......we should also hockey,do not think?
I'm only sorry (as I said in another topic of mine) that just published this games, it will be in the hand of a table thief......but unfortunately this is life:wink:

- Where are the models sourced from, btw? Maybe I could help find one or two that could work, such as a golfer.

- If you wind up keeping Indy, might be an idea to create a variant of the game with higher walls, which could then be textured with stuff that reminds one of the various movies or games. Maybe even substitute the giant rolling boulder from "Raiders" as the ball, with Indy as a separate model running on a pre-programmed route ahead, and at a certain speed. The challenge then becomes in catching and squashing him before he reaches the end, or else if you drain along the way.

- Dangit, had another idea just now, but I done lost it. Oh well, hopefully it comes back. Something about another model which would suggest another special game mode, such as the Raiders idea above.

- Where are the models sourced from, btw? Maybe I could help find one or two that could work, such as a golfer.

- If you wind up keeping Indy, might be an idea to create a variant of the game with higher walls, which could then be textured with stuff that reminds one of the various movies or games. Maybe even substitute the giant rolling boulder from "Raiders" as the ball, with Indy as a separate model running on a pre-programmed route at a certain speed. The challenge then becomes in catching and squashing him before he reaches the end, or else if you drain along the way.

- Dangit, had another idea just now, but I done lost it. Oh well, hopefully it comes back. Something about another model which would suggest another special game mode, such as the Raiders idea above.
He he
Very cool with the animation.
Actually Mixamo has many golfing animations and it is VERY easy to make Indy swing a club or whatever .
Ya and we can texture it very easily too.

These is the same model animations that Terry and I have been using
I can use Hulk or any mixamo model
You just scale the size of the model and attach it to the ball using BAM

Maybe even substitute the giant rolling boulder from "Raiders" as the ball, with Indy as a separate model running on a pre-programmed route ahead, and at a certain speed. The challenge then becomes in catching and squashing him before he reaches the end, or else if you drain along the way.
Ya I could do that I think !
Indy is assigned as hovering over the ball and you can just change to offset to whatever

Ya I could do that I think !
Indy is assigned as hovering over the ball and you can just change to offset to whatever
I'm thinking we might also want to make the ball artificially larger, so that it better represents the look of the original giant boulder. So the ball would remain the same size in reality (so as to correctly interact with the maze), but it would be represented by a larger model or something textured like the movie boulder. Hope that makes sense.

I co-developed something like that long ago with an old VP version. Then it was used by others in a couple games like "Cue Ball Wizard" and "Circus Voltaire" to simulate the real billiard ball unique to those tables. But in terms of dimensions, it behaved just like an ordinary ball, since the effect was only an illusion. Not perfect, but it was good enough.

No idea if this would be creating needless headaches with FP-BAM, or if it's relatively easy to do.

I'm thinking we might also want to make the ball artificially larger, so that it better represents the look of the original giant boulder. So the ball would remain the same size in reality (so as to correctly interact with the maze), but it would be represented by a larger model or something textured like the movie boulder. Hope that makes sense.

I co-developed something like that long ago with an old VP version. Then it was used by others in a couple games like "Cue Ball Wizard" and "Circus Voltaire" to simulate the real billiard ball unique to those tables. But in terms of dimensions, it behaved just like an ordinary ball, since the effect was only an illusion. Not perfect, but it was good enough.

No idea if this would be creating needless headaches with FP-BAM, or if it's relatively easy to do.
I think it can be done for sure....actually if you disable the indy ball in the menu....you will see that the ball becomes larger ...I used a super imposed
larger ball model for this and that could be substituted with a boulder....there are boulder models in the IJ pinball adventure mod I did ...so i can use that
The other thing that could be done is have boulders fall from above that you have to avoid Terry has done some of this stuff with Retro Flair 2

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back